How did he spin out going in a straight line?

How did he spin out going in a straight line?

>spun out with only 380HP in an AWD platform

Fucking pathetic

I dunno, never watched it. But experience on two lane roads and with spinning out tells me it could've been him adjusting his line to avoid bumps or that last overcorrection after you already hits it that breaks your traction.

Plot armor. Same way Batman always wins.

Was it because put too much boost to the rear wheels too quickly and broke traction and slid off? Why didn't his AWD system help him out there?

His tires were bald from his GRIPPU RACU. He adjusted slightly and loss traction.

ITT: the biggest jobber in a series of jobbers

>"muh gee tee arru is invincible"
>beats some nobodies offscreen to get a bit of a rep
>loses to Dagumi to show how the driver makes the difference
>gets dumped on by gayboy in Evo to show how good the Evo is
>his only friend is a kamikaze pilot in Honda Civic who talks shit about him all the time

Because Takumi has Protagonistitus, meaning he can't have a lot bad happen to him since he's the protagonist. The other guy doesn't have it

Also
>I am vest street race and have put much dollar into muh car
>only 100 hp more than stock

Don't you know anything about driving technique, the 32 is heavy so it puts a lot of pressure on the front brakes. By the time he reaches the end of the mountain, the under steer will be unmanageable.

gb2 facebook

Isnt it only 3,100 lbs, is that really that heavy?

We are discussing car physics in an anime go to r/cars

Yes
It's pigfat.

I really wish he wasn't as much of a racing chump as cool as his personality is

Initial D's supporting cast is such wasted potential

Is that what happens on I-95 at 5:30am when I'm going to work and somebody's car is backwards in a tree off to the side of a perfectly straight 5 lane highway?

But R32 GT-Rs are shitty cars for the downhill.

Their brakes can hardly handle it.

is bunta a bad father?

Kinda, yeah

Setting your kid up just to illegally race in the efforts of him pursuing a not so lucrative career as a racer isn't really the best parenting

So is the GTR just a souped up shitbox?

>Let's his son drive a car well before he's old enough to get a permit
>probably drifted the car with babby Takumi sleeping in the passenger seat

No, he's a perfectly good father who makes sure his son is safe.

thread related

I just started Second Stage and dropped it. Reasons?
>new animation is off putting
>new CGI is off putting
>Takumi's attitude is completely different (e.g. he wondered how AWD works in the opening minutes even though he's beaten an AWD car before)
Is it worth continuing? I really liked FS but I stopped watching SS after 2 minutes.

No, it gets worse.

It gets actually much better by the mid to end of 2nd stage

It was for its time

>is that really that heavy?
Nigga that's almost considered heavy today

Second Stage is alright in the grand scheme of the series, but each season gets progressively worse. I'd watch up to the movie (Thrid Stage) but past that it's alright to miss. Be sure to not to forget to squeeze Extra Stage in there after Second Stage.

I mean I consider 3,800lbs muscle cars heavy

Well for comparison, a 2016 I4 Camry is 3200 lbs.

I figured as much. The gimmick of FS (Takumi being unknown and rising to quick fame by beating the best of the best because he's just a good driver) could only last about a season before it becomes mundane. They spiced it up nicely by adding in different drivetrains and special challenges, though that rain challenge seemed stupid to me. Did that upstart from Red Suns really think Takumi had never driven in the damn rain before? On his own turf no less? It just felt like filler before Ryosuke.

Maybe I'll give it another shot in a month. It just didn't feel the same to me.

Ok, I'll probably end up doing that eventually.

Pretty much this. 3rd stage is worth seeing because the feature-length and larger budget do both the 2d and 3d art a lot of favors, especially their use of color, and extra stage is fun side character stuff, but after that it goes down the racer of the week hole never to recover.

cowtits is best girl

you have no idea how building it works do you

Nakazato best boy

[spoiler]Are there any Nakazato x Sayuki doujins?[/spoiler]

>straight initial d doujins
i got some bad news

I had a feeling you'd say that...

Imo Third Stage is a good way to get someone into Initial D, since it catches everyone up with what happened during First and Second Stage.

This.

It's actually considered light compared to the R33/34, but those cars have better weight distribution, R32 is very front-heavy which puts excessive strain on the front tires. And he was going downhill on top on that.

>implying putting your money in suspension, rigidity, tires and weight savings isn't more improtant
>implying they knew how to tune cars properly 25 years ago
People didn't used to have standalone ecus or they were a lot more expensive and the stock ecus weren't as easy to tweak, so you were left with pretty much bolt ons or a full rebuild and running something like and fmu or go carburated.

> fmu

This is about all they had to work with.

>you were left with pretty much bolt ons or a full rebuild

This is very true, I'd forgotten how awful it the 90s/early 2000s were in this respect. You either did bolt ons and tried to make it lighter or you payed thousands upfront to have your engine blueprinted and rebuilt, with little guarantee of actual gains.

"Tunes" were all just snake oil chips that didn't do anything, hell even rolling road dynos were rare and going to one often meant driving hundreds of miles and paying huge sums.

Engine swaps were black magic spoken of in hushed whispers, as were "turbo kits".

Everybody seemed to know a guy who put NOS on his car tho, and most knew a guy who blew his engine with it.

>Never watched Initial D
>Recently decided to just go and watch it
>Just as I'm about to watch the first episode, I notice something
>There's tons of shit to the series, like 5 seasons, movies, OVA and whatever the fuck.
>I thought there was only one or two seasons
>Decide to check out the one subtitled "Final Stage"
>Oh, it's from 2014, I didn't know they were still making parts so recently
>Read description
>"Takumi Fujiwara has never lost a race."

Welp.

You wish buddy.

he lost to the guy in the evo

He lost to that Lancer Evo

He didn't count it as a real race

Sure if you move the fuckin goalposts the guy is the best in Nippon

Fourth Stage best stage.

The last few episodes with God Foot/Hand were cool as well as the race against the Evo scumbags but literally every thing else about it is pretty awful

Lost against
>bad guy with bandana in Evo
>Bunta in an Impreza

Would've lost against (if not for bs)
>"""pro""" racer in a Civic hatch with a few simple mods
>old man in an S2K who ends up taking a spew break after giving Tak a dicking
>ricer in a Miata who gets shafted by malfunctioning aero

You forgot to state that Bunta is the god of drifting and he beat Keiichi Tsuchiya.

Nigga probably killed his wife too.

>Evo scumbags
Wasn't this almost everyone who drove an Evo? Shuichi Shigeno had a thing about doomed romances and Evos appearing numerous times.

>implying Bunta's wife isn't Shinji's mother and the whole "her husband passed away" thing is a cover for her running off

Yeah it's the same guys as second stage I think

Also Evo is undoubtedly the best car in the show other than the Trueno 86

Too far down the rabbit hole now...

Keiichi Tsuchiya left as technical advisor after first stage and came back on fourth stage

The guys from Fourth Stage are not of the same group from Second Stage, the latter are from Team Emperor. The Fourth Stage guys are just miscellaneous thugs who happen drive Evos

Differentials rend to bias to one side or the other when too much power I'd applied. This can be seen when still standing retard drivers step on the gas with the whole power of their autism, so they spin, lift and crash to a tree or nearest car

All we know is Shigeno hates Evos and drivers of them.

Who doesn't desu

No rear diff bro.

In a tuned R32 GT-R? I think not.

Probably tire related. combination of uneven surfaces, tire wear, surface angle ect.

I mean, in the most basic sense it happened because it's cooler to see a car spin out than it is to just lose a race. But there's plenty of ways an awd car can still end up backwards, so if we're just trying to establish that it's believable I would say it is..

My roommate's G35 is almost 3400lbs.

pigfat nissans are pigfat

>ricer in a Miata who gets shafted by malfunctioning aero
>thinking putting a GT wing on a fucking Miata is a good idea
>mfw

>we will never get a Nakazato/Shingo Night Kids spinoff mini series

feels awful