BMW M4 GTS

>"So, the M4 GTS is 2 seconds faster around Laguna than a regular M4, making it about as fast as a Chevy Camaro SS with a 1LE handling package that costs a third as much. Oh, and a $75,000 Mustang GT350R is a 1.6 embarrassing seconds faster than the GTS."

Is this seriously the best BMW can do with a $135,000 car? You can't even bitch about benchracing because this is a stripped out track-car you can barely drive on the road without scraping over everything. Fucking pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a28826/bmw-m4-gts-first-drive/
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
nurburgringlaptimes.com/2015/03/ford-shelby-gt350r-sets-its-own-nurbugring-lap-time-record/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Liberty
youtube.com/watch?v=VyWNiKpcNoQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>"muh German engineering" gets proven to be a huge fucking meme once again
What else is new

thats cool OP, but that also means the mustang is faster than a camaro

Ford wins yet again

>GT350R mazda raceway
>1:36

>Z/28 mazda raceway
>1:38

GM BTFO yet again.

Can someone put the Mustangs time next to the BMW, I'm on mobile and want to troll a friend who's a rapid bimmerfag.

They didn't actually show the Camaro and Mustang times, you'll have to do some photoshop magic. All we know is that the GT350R did it in 1:36 which puts it roughly in step with the 458 Italia and AMG GT S

Why do yuros even bother making """"performance"""" cars anymore at this point?

What did the old boss 302 LS run? I remember it was on par with a R8.

>a high-tech German supercar gets matched by a Mustang with literal truck suspension
YUROP BTFO

water injection hold this

BMWfags on suicide watch

>faster than nazi superscience
>don't even need DCT to do it

These cars could shave off another second if they fell for the dual-clutch meme, but they didn't because manual is more fun. Axis powers lose again.

that really is embarassing. what the fuck bmw?

It's not like this type of thing hasn't happened before.

>M4 vs Camaro SS
>Motortrend says the Camaro blows it away

>750i vs S-class
>Motortrend says the S-class blows it away

>M4 GTS
>Motortrend says it is utterly useless around town, sounds like shit, and is unimpressive on a race track

Fucking savage, the only Bimmer they seem to like is the M2.

>slower than a Ford powered go-kart

>cucktric measurements

Trying to trigger me? Too bad, I love my Ford.

>1200 pounds
Damn.

wow, the viper matches the BAC and its road legal and fits 2 people. The viper truly is the world's greatest performance car.

BAC would most likely be slower everywhere else.

What is that? a Focus ST?

With the M4 GTS there really are no excuses. I can see the normal M4 being slower due to being more luxurious and such but the GTS is a fucking $120k stripped out, caged, race car.

what an absolute joke.

Fiesta ST, it's 4 lug.

>no proof

please refrain for posting your retarded imperial units

bmw BTFO
GM confirmed for god tier
>alphonse confirmed for booty blasted

>spoon feed me mommy
See

Isn't the M4 GTS faster around the ring than the GT350R? why is it slower or seemingly unimpressive here? don't tell me this smaller tighter track favors these heavier bulkier pony cars.

Also will Ferd ever make a sports car in the corvette price range? that'd be fantastic.

Money isn't an issue when shooting for 1000hp from an ls. Remember where the meme posts originated. Hotrod magazine made 1200hp on a $200 junkyard core 4.8 truck engine with stock heads and bottom end and a huge scar on one cylinder wall. Cheap as fuck to make power

I meant to quote

Ford is god tier too, but BMW is shit tier

Nürburgring
>Chevy Camaro Z/28, 7:37:47
>Chevy Camaro ZL-1, 7:41:27
>Mustang GT350R, 7:32:19
>BMW M4 GTS, 7:28:00

Problem?

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/first-drives/reviews/a28826/bmw-m4-gts-first-drive/
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
nurburgringlaptimes.com/2015/03/ford-shelby-gt350r-sets-its-own-nurbugring-lap-time-record/

Im no BMW fan, but this is more of a cuck/faggot problem over in the EU. Car manufacturers are getting raped by their goverments along with buyers because of the engine size tax.

get rid of the faggots that have declared war on "assault engines" and BMW will be able to afford to make amazing engines again.

>being cucked by the French
No u

kek

kek

>cucked by the french

literally why america exist

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Liberty

>I can see the normal M4 being slower due to being more luxurious and such
Except it doesn't even match the equipment in the 2SS Camaro. You have to actually pay more to get leather.

What worries me is these guys are working on the new Supra. is this the kind of Performance we can expect if it'll be on a BMW platform?

>Using numbers from the previous generation of Camaro

Then correct the record, you fucking faggot.

This is the main concern with the new Supra. BMW engines just aren't good anymore. They sound like shit, aren't particularly powerful, aren't all that reliable, and don't have dipsticks.

First Toyota gets Subaru to put a pancake in their GT86, now this? Why is Toyota so lazy they can't even build a sports car engine?

>new gen camaro
youtube.com/watch?v=VyWNiKpcNoQ

I love it when people brag about their cars having a 4-lug pattern, as if it makes any fucking difference other than the slightest bit of weight. In fact, 5-lug wheels are better due to being able to fit a wider selection of tires, usually.

That's not even my car, just pointing out a way to easily tell it's a FiST not a FoST.

My bad

i smell a 2jz swap

Isn't it illegal to swap an older engine into a newer car? US law anyways I think.

How have BMW fags not killed themselves yet? Are their BMW's too slow to hit a wall at lethal speeds?

YUROPOOR here, only niggas and sandniggas even consider buying a bmw or merco-benz, and will do it no matter what. shitty car they can put out.

Yuropoor out/

meh, i dont like the newer BMWs much anyway. i\d even wager the E46 CSL is faster than the GTS around laguna seca, but i cant seem to find a time for it

How would that be illegal? Unless you live in some retard state with emissions/inspections in which case GTFO and go to Florida

As a current gen BMW owner that really is sad. Sure you can trot out a Nurburgring time or some other shit like that but a 6 figure stripped out track car from BMW should handily beat any Camaro on any track. Honestly wish there was an American/Japanese sporty coupe that had the practicality and interior refinement of a 4 series, I want to switch but BMW offers a good overall package.

>THE M4 GTS IS SLOW
>BMW haters actually believe this