Hey Veeky Forums, newfag here. Turning 18 in a couple months, looking for a car to save up for...

Hey Veeky Forums, newfag here. Turning 18 in a couple months, looking for a car to save up for. Parents are going to match whatever I put down, just looking for ideas for a good first car, something that I can modify a little too. I was thinking an acura integra, thoughts?

Too much for you kid. Your insurance will be shit. Expect $600 + every six months.

I'm sure the car would be under his parent's name, its the logical thing to do

Get a 4 door Civic or a Subaru wagon. Something with aftermarket but is still just a boring family car as far as insurance is concerned.

Find the cleanest integra GSR you can find and fix it up a bit. Low in power and FWD for Babbys first car. Insurance won't be that bad, they are very reliable and good on gas and can be a little fun.

OP here.Theyre going to co-sign, yes

get a V6 mustang/camaro/firebird. practice handling the power.
then swap in a V8, practice handling the power.
then go crazy modding from there.

How much cash you got kiddo

By the time my birthday rolls around, somewhere between 2.5-3k

How bad would the insurance cost be though?

Get a clean CRX off Craigslist better yet. Manual of course

Do not consider those, Integra or CRX is what you need

what amount of miles it too many? I found 1 decent one near me, but it has over 200k

underage b#

get a civic and shut the fuck up

Get a fully loaded Camry V6 XLE and get tint professionally done. They're cheaper than LE mid-range Corolla models for all generations. First obvious pro is bulletproof reliability through school and second, you get smoothest ride in its class with V6 power. The tint gives it some luxury. Throw pepboy wheels on it and you're golden.

Doesn't matter, make sure it's been serviced and take it to shop for pre inspection. Do not waste time on shit, wait for a clean one also no salvage. When checking a car on Craigs list start with getting VIN number, if it's posted on ad post it on VIN threads for cars history. If owner doesn't want to give VIN it's a trap

ok, thanks man

>went from a d16y7 civic to a 300hp v8 mustang
>wondering why people think this is fun to drive.
>wondering how people crash these so easily

lol 200k is terrible

>miles don't matter on a teenaged tuner enthusiast car

lol okay

a bus pass.

If it's stock and serviced that's all that matters. CRX is perfect commuter