Growing out of V6

Sup Veeky Forums

Question, when did you finally grow out of V6?

For me it was when I turned 22.

Other urls found in this thread:

fastestlaps.com/comparisons/ns628746vbfd
youtu.be/3Y-Gdz6N-dU?t=4m7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No, I don't enjoy being slower.

>not buying a superior straight six

Why would I abandon a superior layout?
I think you mean flat 6

>wanting to go slower than a snail

No ty, not falling for that

>radical rxc
Slower than a pigfat luxury v8 cruiser

>still slower than the RXC turbo r

Nice shooperinos friend, but we all know the truth

>literally photoshopping due to anal meltdowns
Rotflmao

>trying this hard to convince me your photo is real

JUST

>this cuck unironically shopped them to make the corvette seem faster

full kek

fastestlaps.com/comparisons/ns628746vbfd

>damage control after being proven wrong

Put your trip back on faggot

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>going as far to edit the site to make your shlomo cars look fast

wew

>2 Seconds faster than a car loaded with airbag, leather interior, air con, radio, etc

Man....

0/10

Really makes you think...

>damage control

>when did you finally grow out of V6
Trick question. NA a shit, turbo makes everything better.

Yeah, there's a reason I stopped.
Let me preface this with the following: I dont generally work in the shop. If anything Im on the road, but I can do repairs if need be.
I was at a friends shop today, actually dropping off a payment to the Mac man cause we dont have a Mac truck at my shop and I wanted a special chisel/punch and impact setup Mac offered REAL cheap after my buddy showed it to me awhile back. Funny thing is, this is my former shop and my buddy just so happens to be my former boss.
Anyway, Im just hanging out shooting the shit with them when my other buddy who works there asks me if I can change some plugs and wires on a Chevy Express van. We already had diag it to have a bad cap and rotor. So wtf hey Ill grab a wrench and help out. These guys are like family to me and if something were to happen and I need them they would be there. So grabbing a wrench is no big deal. I often moonlight there and have been for eons now.
It took 3 of us to complete the job on this thing and we didnt even finish it. Cap and rotor are easy. The plugs on the other hand fought us the entire way. Its near impossible to fit tools and your hands inbetween the vans body and the engine. We managed to get the plugs in on the drivers side pretty easy, but the pass side I was mostly working on was a total bitch. Couldnt get the damn socket on the plugs, couldnt get the plugs to thread on, stupid heat shield was all bent to hell and makign it impossible at one point we coulda sworn one of the plugs was stripped out.
2 hours..2 damn hours over 6 lousy plugs cause it was a 4.3L V6. We didnt even put the wires on at that point... My hands, my hands are so cut up and bruised from that stupid van (as were everyone elses) that they still hurt. At one point we contemplated removing the body mounts to the frame and lifting the van body up enough to just do the job easily.
Now ya know why it costs so much to repair stuff. Yea, it wasnt so much fun as it was a frustrating 2 hours..

REALLY need an AB flug 300zx 2bh

What do you do when someone makes fun of your V6?

I can't be the only one with this problem. My sister and her boyfriend are unbearable. They never stop talking crap about my car. The two of them take turns and then gang up on me together. According to them, my car's nasty and ugly, a piece of crap, barely 150 hp, and the slowest car ever made. I'm ready to choke both of them, then never speak to either of them again.

Maybe I'm the only one surrounded by (jealous?) idiots, but I don't think I am. What do you do when someone constantly bashes your car's looks or performance? Punch them? Walk away? Do the same thing back to them?

always been a v8 guy, despise the idea of buying a v6.

>What do you do when someone makes fun of your V6?
What is it?

My 4banger have more than twice the HP than your car, probably 3-4 times more torque as well.

I grew out of the displacement meme when I found myself enjoying my buddy's Shelby just as much as I enjoy my Miooter for completely different reasons.

When I was 19. Upgraded to an inline 4. Never again, fuck V configured heavy cuck motors.

In what measure exactly?
youtu.be/3Y-Gdz6N-dU?t=4m7s

I haven't.
When I finally throw that garret twinturbo on I'll be producing around 350 horses in muh vee sicks.

Additional:
Can currently produce 280 hp at the expense of the engine (over-rev/alcohol/NOS). I plan on building a VQ30DETT (too poor right now).

When I discovered I could have fun driving a car with 3 cylinders.

My first car was a V6, and because of that V6, I will never grow out of them. V6's hold a special place in my heart.

A V8 makes a nice noise, but nothing, to me, beats the sound of a well-designed 60 degree V6 revving to 7k and beyond.

pic related, my first V6. A pain in the ass to work on, but the noise it made was amazing. That fucker could scream.

When I was 15 and bought a firebird with a siezed engine, swapped in a 76 olds 455 by the time I was 16. What have you done, Veeky Forums?

>what do you do?

not own a v6.
your car a shit m8, A SHIT.

PEASANT

a fucking LT1 from the early 90s makes more than 300 stock and it costs $500. Boost it to 500 on stock bottom end, 500 hp. V6 plebs think they have something good.

Oh, and your V6 sounds like shit.

My buddy had a GTP with this engine, the gearing of the 4spd auto it was attached to wasn't suited for it.

im a 4 cylynder and v8 person myself

I've grown out of ICEs altogether.

The future is EVs, lads.