E92 335i as fun dd ?

Thinking of getting pic related as new dd. Used, of course, and xdrive cuz live in nyc.
>twin turbo inline 6
>easy tunabilty for 400+ on stock internals.
What do u guys think ?

Do it. I have a 135i w/ the N55 and it's an extremely fun, drivable motor.

>carbon buildup
>no dipstick
the last good 3-series was the e46.

>awd
kill yourself. snow tires are perfectly adequate.

can we have a non poorfag chime in? This topic interests me. Of course fuck awd

The carbon build up can be fixed with a ecu tune, and most of the carbon build up came from driver error. However, awd a shit and x drive is pants on head retarded.

the cops are doing fine with rwd you dont need to ruin a meh car with awd just for muh snow

Pic related is actually a 328i. You can tell by the exhaust.

335i owner here. Don't go for the xdrive. It adds almost 500lbs to the cars weight and increases fuel consumption. I've been doing fine in a 6sp rwd with ws80s for the last 3 seasons.

The xi suspension sucks, and it's harder to mod in some aspects. I think downpipes are difficult to install or something.

The 335i n54 engine is pretty tough on maintenance, you have to be on top of things. Especially if you plan on modding. Don't even think about it unless you've done spark plugs, belt, gaskets, etc. I didn't start modding mine until i replaced all wear items and walnut blasted the intake valves. You need to be pretty handy with a wrench to own this car.

The n54 is known for a faulty hpfp, but I haven't experienced it.

I'm currently FBO w/o downpipes, but I have an lsd installed and a meth kit waiting until next spring.

Pic related, my intake valves at 125k km before walnut blast.

>mfw that pic is if a 328i
>mfw I have no face

>Friend buys a 2012 335i, 25k miles
>In less than 2 years the following have happened:
>Cigarette lighters randomly stopped working, blew a fuse for unknown reasons, costed $4
>The car would randomly tell him his trunk is open, when it's not
>The driver side door would unlock randomly, but remain shut
>Fuel injectors died, a $1200 cost with warranty and had to get towed
>Fuel pump replaced, still randomly went into limp mode after, had to get towed again

However, when it was working it's one of the best cars i've ever driven that I can daily.

P.S, get the sport package, he only got the luxury/comfort one and the seats are absolutely useless when you go around the slightest corner. They're comfy when you're only going straight.

BMW Tech here.

335 is fine. Just make sure it's been maintained.

90% of the car with shitty turbos have been replaced.

HPFP has extended warranty

Injectors aren't as common as people say, and if they are, they're not insanely expensive.

Carbon blast every 100k km.

Don't get a N55, they're shit.

>>The car would randomly tell him his trunk is open, when it's not
>>The driver side door would unlock randomly, but remain shut
>Cigarette lighters randomly stopped working, blew a fuse for unknown reasons, costed $4

His trunk wiring is fraying and shorting out.

Is this a common problem?

What's carbon blasting?

>I parrot shitposters on Veeky Forums and know absolutely nothing about cars

In OP's defense basically every fucking 335i bought is AWD, there's not much choice in the matter and this is coming from someone looking to buy the same car but with the N55 since I'm not going to tune it.

My dad works Nintendo and he says the N55 is good

Yeah, for every 3-Series from E30 to newer. Just cut the insulation sleeve open to check or try to slide it off, should be pretty obvious.

Is the N55 that bad? I thought it was supposed to be a improvement.

Blasting your intake ports with walnut shells to clean up the carbon deposits.

Just get a RWD one it snows in NYC like 5-10 days out of 365 days of the year and when it snows bad enough AWD will make a difference the city will likely be shut down anyways.

>Is the N55 that bad? I thought it was supposed to be a improvement.
If you're looking to tune, yes, otherwise it's easily a direct upgrade from the N54.

Trashcan motor
That is not true, you are retarded 500lbs is not true, the only thing that's tough on maintenance is your spark plugs lasting 20K miles. I will give you that the dp is a pain and the suspension geometry of an awd system designed for driving in snow is retarded. FBO includes dp, look at what it stands for and how you install the dp. But hey, at least you didn't say stage1
Friends buys a gtr
Friend buys a gto
Friend buys a c7

The only thing that is more useless than anecdotal evidence is your "friend's" anecdotal evidence
This is true, even in the xi
The n55 is so garbage that BMW released a performance version of it that was literally the n54 again. Also I'd love to see the statistic you pulled out of your ass that most, or even 1/4 of 335s are awd. Because they are not, and you are full of shit.
In what way other than it's newer? A direct upgrade in a terrible turbo setup, and lower whp out of the box? Are you going to parrot hpfp or wastegate rattle which is a problem in literally 0 e9xs now?

Selling my 335xi because it's a bloated, boring sack of shit...but all the stupid in this thread is nauseating.

>N55 is bad because I said it is
Quality post

whys the n55 bad?

No tb, higher factory boost with less actual power, twin scroll

I've also heard the n55 somehow gets slightly worse mpg despite being a newer engine, but I wasn't stupid enough to buy one, and who cares about mpg, anyway

>>FBO includes dp, look at what it stands for and how you install the dp. But hey, at least you didn't say stage1

Dude obviously, it's just easier to type out fbo minus dp rather than type out every mod that I have. I have emissions in my province, it's annoying to have to swap them in and out every two years.

And yes, I know how to install dp. It's way easier on rwd, awd you gotta drop the subframe

You're retarded because you bought an AWD 3 series.

Well, I've had both. Guess which one has had more problems.

Alot of E9x and F3x models has dipstick :)

Most Touring 3 and 5 series usually at some point have problems with trunk and related because the wires that follows the trunk hinges (?) eventually will break lol.