ITT: Cars you idolised as a kid but now that you can drive you realise are shit

ITT: Cars you idolised as a kid but now that you can drive you realise are shit.

i guess the moral of the story is that nissan a shit

It used to be good, then VW went to shit and now it begins to rust in 2years and has other built quality issues. Also earlier models with exception of 1st gen were sluggish so that means that only good GTI is the 1st gen one, sad realization, really.

>nissan a shit
Truth

Anything American*

*excluding snek

I dailyed one and disagree with your opinion.

NA automatics aren't good representatives of the driving experience.

Snek a god.

fucking yuropeons

OP pic is a twin-turbo.

Reason I say they are shit is I realised they are a comfortable cruiser where as in my head as a kid they were an all out sports car.

Yet they competed on the highest levels of their competitors, so I don't really see why classification or comfort gets so much in the way of enjoyment.

In terms of maintenance and reliability.

exactly. i want one but dont for that reason

Except for the terminator mustang ofc

Mk2 16v a best and quicker than the Mk1
and Oak Green is best green

Thought these were the absolute shit when I was a kid. Even throughout highschool I thought to myself this is what I want to own when I get older.

>I'd rather have a gtr

There's more to a car than laptimes user.

Back in my day these where the bee's knees. But of course they must seem obsolete to you youngsters.

Agreed. Used to be one of my favorite cars of all time, now I can't stand to look at most of them.

Now I just lust after the almighty Cobra R.

Comfort? I daily drove a TT for about a year and I would not call it comfortable in anyway the seats would make my back hurt in about 15 minutes, honestly one of the worst seats I have had in a car yet

kek

that was the 1st car I really "liked" and yeah I feel the same way now

the 240SX was a complete letdown as was the Foxbody

hell muscle cars in general are shit

>best golf
>gets rinsed by a fucking peugeot
yeah nah, the mk2 was nice looking and had decent handling for the time but it was far from the best thing on the market

UG ROCK FASTEST

UG ROCK NO NEED BERRYHOLDER

Please don't give him (You)s.

Seriously?

It wasn't that funny

you want an mr2 for those sweet weekends

t. GM fangirl

Why are you replying to a bait poster?

I love my mk5 GTI

no

Even today I still love the body style but they're too slow. One day when I have more expendable money I'll toss an LS into one of these

>1 HP
>9001 Pounds

wew lad

You forgot

>wider and longer than a battleship

I always wanted an RX 8 when I was younger because of Need for Speed, but I don't want to deal with the maintenance of the rotary or any of the other associated problems.

>115 hp
>turbocharged
>Iron Duke

I had a poster of a red cobra r in my room as a kid

they're still cool

but

the pioneers tho

Kek

doesn't have ecoboost/10

to be fair the signs did say to total the car

any muscle car. i thought they were cool and all, then i drove some

Looks like the 'vette driver talked shit about Total

You're the idiot who needs to realize enjoyment over laptimes or mileage/other issues.

You're on Veeky Forums, please clock out to your regular part-time job though.

Imola.....mmmmmmmm

I'd stop short of "idolised", but this. I still like the car, just wouldn't want to own one

Not to be a z32 apologist, but have you driven one with modern tires?

>cars you idolised as a kid
>NSX, CRX, Prelude
I still have the same shit taste since I was young

is there an aftermarket solution for the vents when it rains?

>cars you idolized as a kiddo
>Nissan 350z
>released August 20 2002

You have to be at least 18 to post on Veeky Forums

My childhood boner

DeLorean.

what about the stage 2?

Cuck/o/ got mad about some tripfag so he filtered him and shitposts about GM to spite him.

i do user

It's pretty shit stock
But it's fucking wicked on coilovers/modern tires, with about 10k into it (turbos, injectors, ECU, tune, intercoolers, rad, full exhaust, fuel rail, 5-puck)
Mine makes ~515whp and it's a goddamn riot to drive, the stock trans holds on great.

If anything it's a period piece and an overlooked tuning platform, but it isn't THAT shit

>he fell for the 300zx is shit meme because it wasn't in fnf or Initial D

coupes

This. I think those calling it shit don't know what they're talking about.

t. 300ZX owner who had a miserable relationship with his car but still loved and recognized its merit

I still lust them, impossible to find a clean vr6 here

Yeah. A TT is pretty comparable to a TT Supra, just a lot more common. Sure if it came down to it anyone would take a Supra over it, but a Supra is an appreciating asset at this point. And imo, the Z is sexier. I think it's an acquired taste, but there is something really powerful about it.

The interior is the epitome of 90's interiors, like the NSX but more comfortable.

The TT is an awesome car just for it's significance as a design concept (the first designed exclusively in CAD), the transmission is fantastic (shared with the R32 GTR)

The VG30DETT is MUCH harder to work on that the 2jz, but not $40,000 more difficult

You could build a Z to beat built Supras all day for the price difference of what you'd pay for a stock Supra

Also, you can't argue with that ミッド ナイト クラブ

>tfw the Z31 never gets any love

play Grand theft auto.
Dam, cop cars are fast.

Got older, and learn about power to weight ratio
um...mustang or camaro/firebird would be a better option.

The Z31 was pigfat and dated

The interior however, was hot

>Z31 curb weight ~2900 lbs
>Z32 curb weight ~3200 lbs

Z31 Turbo Stock HP 205 on VG30ET in the most powerful late model
Z32 Turbo Stock HP 300 on VG30DETT since 1989

The ZR was the best Z31

Or the LS swap, dear lord.

When I got a job I realized I could get an RX-8 and that they were really affordable. All that research into why they sucked made me into a born-again car guy and motivated me to learn manual and shit.

Still love the design, but RX-8s make me sad. Maybe I'll ruin one and drop an LS in to make people cry someday.

That's what the f-type r is for
>dat exhaust

It is 100% a sports car

amazing until everything breaks

you are now aware that people born in 1995 were 7 years old, and kids, when the 350z was released.

Spoiler alert: people born in 1995 are now 21

ReeeeeeeeeeeeeEeeeEEEEEE

Mustang

>Veeky Forums has made this pleb believe the miata is an all out sports car but not a 300

kek

Honestly idk why i liked it

So basically a car is shit because it requires more maintenance than an econobox?

1. After Market Shocks and springs
2. Aftermarket seats

If you didn't have either of them you are bullshitting.

I like how this image keeps getting reposted as if it's the only piece of material that commends the 3000GT, but that it's only a difference of 3 hundredths. Can't we find anything more substantial to use?

faster than nsx around a track

That's actually exactly what I was thinking of. Spot on, m8.

I'm 21

Also fastest through the slalom.

>RX7 faster than a 911 turbo

That's FUCKING IMPRESSIVE

Even moreso if that's on stock springs and boost. Hooooly fuck I'm so glad it's my next car

Not so fast, GM.

Yeah, that's straight line acceleration for a USDM spec car, completely stock. That completely supports my evidence. If that shit is faster than the 911 when going Dagumi mode, that's REAL fucking impressive handling.

>corrado
>shit

On my AW11 I just dunked some aftermarket hood scoops over the vents, looks shitty but it works, especially considering lolpodfilter

>power to weight ratio
>mustang
>camaro
>firebird
pigfat

FD is probably the fastest car Japan had produced in that era (if you look at things besides the engine).

95ers are here to stay

deal with it

>So basically a car is shit because it requires more maintenance than an econobox?
Yes.

Then stick to econoboxes faggot.