/ovg/ - Lewis Hamilton Edition

Previous thread: →

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support
discord.gg/rhAaJpP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for spork juct a shit

Ranwek when

xth for salty WAT Touring teams

Why is getting rFactor mods shit? It's either broken download links or ads out the ass.
>inb4 use adblock, faggot
No wired internet, and I'm phoneposting. Trying to download some mods, then transfer them to my PC.

>he doesn't have adblock software on his phone

What are you a baby?

>finished ahead of SJ PC Repair
>salty

wat

Stay mad

Speaking of racing, how do I make my speedboat go faster? I found that due to the guns strapped on it the weight is going towards the rear instead of the front so I had to add wings to the front to give the boat downforce when it's going fast, but even then it only goes about 20m/s at top speed. Any ideas what I can do to make it fast as fuck?

Will /ovg/ take on the world again or is the dream ogre?

The best way to make a boat go fast is to hydroplane it, the surface tension of having your boat in the water just kills the speed. Plus, then you can have jets on it.

Hype for Max Max Horizon yet?
>Wide Body Kits, mainly those by Rocket Bunny/Pandem and Liberty Walk, but also some vintage flared bolt-on fenders. Total number of cars is somewhere between 20-25
>Rally and Offroad: things like light clusters, mudflaps, roof vents, bull-bars, 'roo bars, winches, etc. - these were added to a pretty large number of cars and trucks, somewhere between 45-50
>Visible blowers: a lot of classic muscle cars now have a new hood option which includes a visible supercharger - somewhere around 20 cars
>Roof Racks: not as many cars as the above got special roof racks, but there are some pretty unique roof racks that have been added, and a few unexpected surprises in store

I figured I'd probably need to hydroplane it, though with this setup I'm not quite sure how to readjust the boat to get it to hydroplane. Here's my telemetry data of the boat right now, the cannons on the back causing the weight issues are 2 x 6x180mm which I use to eliminate other speedboats.

What game?

rSetto Cars 3: 2002 Season

You'll need the Porsche expansion pack though

Project iCorsa Pro: Wild Island

First day dlc came with the expansion

I would be if I could get it for cheaper than £50 on pc

From The Depths

How is the music and sfx in Redout? Is it a good game?

Just watch some gameplay on youtube.

Should I get a G920? The price seems to have dropped to just under $300 with the shifter included. Veeky Forums vidya seems like a lot of fun but that's a pretty high barrier to entry for something I've never really seriously gotten into and I'm not sure I'll like.

just get a xbox 360/xbone controller and see if you like racing games

I've been playing Dirt Rally with a 360 controller and I sometimes play a little bit of assetto corsa. They're both pretty fun if a bit short on content, but it would probably feel way nicer with a wheel. I'm just worried I'll buy it and stop using it after a few weeks.

>Visible blowers: a lot of classic muscle cars now have a new hood option which includes a visible supercharger - somewhere around 20 cars

I'm buying the game just for this reason.

It's a pretty good reason.

most unoptimized shit ever

Is this any good? It sounds like a stripped down bullshit tech demo. Will Forza Horizon 3 be any good?

apex is pretty bad as it is just a tech demo to see how it runs on your pc. requires at least 12gb of ram for the game not to shit itself. horizon 3 should be good.

t

Lel. Its not even as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Yup tech demo ment to guage how many forza fans they have on PC.

PC or xboner?

Try apex, if it runs well, PC, if it runs like shiet, Xbone, but don't expect wheel compatibility.

>the first ovgt3 race was 2 years ago

tech demo but its okay

I don't have Botnet10 though.

Is it worth to "upgrade" to that in order to play it on PC or will the experience be so similar to the xbone it won't be worth it.

It's worth it. The win10 isn't all that bad, desu. I've been using it for like 2 months on my desktop now and a year on laptop. It has problems initially but once you fix them it's really no different to 7.

Why wouldn't you have just purchased a second, cheap HDD to install W10 on and then get the best of both worlds as opposed to now being stuck with a shitty OS?

I don't find it shitty so far desu.

Will they release a demo for Horizon 3? Would be nice to check the performance before buying.

rumors say a demo could be release the 12th September.

Having a grand race, half way through and stuck in between heaps of cars out of sequence, probably set for a solid 2nd place finish at this rate.

>warning: yellow flags ahead
>see about 6 cars all parked on the corner
>zip through
>now in 1st position and jumped everyone, pretty much a pit stop ahead now
>go on to win the race without worry

I feel I kind of cheated it and was gifted a win.. Qualy and the first half of the race were pretty hard.

>mfw horizon 3 might not even support my g27

w10 doesn't read my cpu clockspeeds right, so instead of a 4.3 ghz overclock im at 4.2, it's always 100 mhz under what it actually is. that's the only thing i don't like about it so far.

I'd heard Horizon would only support Xbox wheels. But Apex supports the G27 so we might get support

Get on my level

>But Apex supports the G27 so we might get support

i don't remember there being any wheel support at all for apex

forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6a_wheel_support

It was just updated recently for it

>we're bringing support for a number of popular wheels to the Forza franchise, in Apex and the soon to be released Forza Horizon 3.

cool. i remember someone shitposting about how you could only use xbone wheels for forza.

>look up price for logitech G27
>6 hundo
>wtf
>related product
>logitech G920
>only $287

What gives, why is the G27 so fucking expensive?

Any one found a way to get forza horizon for less than £50 on pc yet?

G27 is discontinued.

Future classic

I've stored mine in its original packaging in a nitrogen-filled bubble in a temperature controlled room. Gonna be rich one day

>Michael Choi
>Lewis Hamilton edition
Why are people so damn stupid?

Tomthy is stupid

More news at eleven.

>tfw got mine brand new for 200 dollars because i bought it a month before it got discontinued

news flash

the crew will be free for some time because ubisoft has its anniversary or something

Grounded Fin is so stupid!

He made this thread

Will there be a /ovb/ club for Horizon 3?
I'm talking about the in game club, not interested in some discord circle jerk

>Dprec, Bob, GFin, Marko and Von are the most succesful ovg drivers.

How shit has this general became.

>people are not allowed to have lives outside of /ovg/, they should spend all of their time in here just like me.

Larger x stiguy fanfic when?

More nudes at 11

Were you born this stupid

/ovg/ has declined

xD great post friend, be sure to hop on the mumble to make everyone laugh!!!!

>Marko terminally damages car
>Lol guys we got third :))))

will there be a lancerguy to save us from stiguy

Ranek is so dumb!!

He made this thread.

only when we get a blood+1

STiguy would just pass Lancer on the outside

Go cry about it to frederic schornstein faget

tags
SJ Spork Juct SporkJuct Adrian Krieger Shadow Government Cipher La Li Lu Le Lo The Patriots

>Not being able to admit your own mistakes

:^)

Fucking christ. Not seen that shitpost for a while

Don't worry if I was you I would have a hard time believing I lost a race to Paul as well.

>I will never be in the P1 Hall of Fame so I'll just make shit up instead

Are you that blind to your own failure?

SPORKY VS SALTY WAT TOURING
NO RULES
CIVICS ONLY
SAN FRANCISCO

>Salty wat touring.

You're probably just talking to marko or Dprec. Or both.

i looked through the thread from 2 years ago in the archives with the first gt3 rfactor race. every other post was by a tripfag, i mean i don't care but trips trigger some anons here

Make ovg trip again

Hi this is First post of the day for me marky tulsky

also

>terminal damage

i stanced my car, haters just can't deal with my style

How to be /ovg/ elite?

Unironically post on the discord.

Attend meets

discord.gg/rhAaJpP

join the discord today!

Who's the fourth girl?

Yumi

Too bad that Discord is actually a gay boys and men chat channel instead of something relating to racing games.

wait this isnt the gay boys and men general?
then what was up with valrys, sj and Tiffany?

>then what was up with valrys, sj and Tiffany?
I don't think any of them come around here anymore. I haven't seen any of their posts in a while.

Youre telling me now? I arranged to meetup with some dude with the username Racecar. He seems pretty cool and he likes vidya and cars. He said he wants to play with my H-shifter. What do???

It turns out that tripfags shitposting anonymously is even worse than tripfags.

RIP cosbro

>tuesday