Jeremy Clarkson deserved to get fired

Jeremy Clarkson deserved to get fired

Prove me wrong, (Trick question, you can't)

This isn't even a discussion anymore

Deserved? Sure.

Good for Top Gear? No.

Hey, I recently got fired for having low blood sugar due to type-1 diabetes (lol, I'm not even legally allowed to drive in my state but the DMV doesn't know).

I wasn't even being publicly racist.

Clarkson totally deserved it.

Basically this. Top Gear was probably my favorite series of all time but the man punched a producer on his 800th final warning; only rabid fanboys with no logic set in reality thinks the BBC is in the wrong here.

Top Gear should have been killed or renamed before that trainwreck of S23 though.

>punches asshole BBC producer
>BBC finally has enough of his shit
>cuts him loose
>Brings in Matt Lablanc
>ratings bomb
>BBC producer wishes his ego wasnt a big as his asshole
>meanwhile Clarkson is laughing all the way to the bank
>Matt Lablanc heads back to LA looking for work....once again

And instead we can now watch Totally Not Top Gear instead.

cont.

>dumbass Brits and Amerifats continue to think Matt was the real reason
>Doesn't realize Chris Evans is still on he show
>BBC producers won't fire the goofy fuck
>mfw they eventually fire the asshole producer for making way too many costly poor choices

If he deserved it? Sure, he has repeatedly been warned that his behaviour won't be tolerated by the BBC, so yeah; deserved

Still, I think the BBC were quite aware of the cost of cutting him lose, and that the re-casting of Top Gear was merely an attempt to see if they could keep it running

BBC is completely in the wrong. They hated Clarkson because he wasn't politically correct. A warning because he said Nigger? Come on.

OP here. By coincidence, I am a T1 myself and what they did was illegal. Under the "Americans with Disabilities Act" they HAVE to give you the time to manage your illness, like checking blood sugar and having something to eat etc.

I saw an interview he gave in May, and on it it seems like he did not realize the totality of his mistake.

He MAY have been an employee of the BBC at the time, but between him and the two co-stars, they are effectively in charge of that production. That being said, he has a duty of care to those people under him. As a result, people have to move on to other jobs or get let go and find new jobs.

I can see (and have done it) punching someone who is threatening you or otherwise menacing you. Those people have the expectation that they may get punched for doing that. That person just told him the meal service was screwed up, nothing more. He didn't threaten him or anything like that.

You simply don't punch out someone who isn't expecting it. People get killed or permanently injured that way. Especially a guy who stands 6' 4".

In the interview, he implied the person he punched forgave him. He never said he understood why what he did was wrong.

To be fair weren't a lot of his earlier warnings were becuase of people not being able to take a joke?

yes he was warned and yes violence should beget a punishment but most of his incidents up until that point were because waahhh he made an insensitive comment and waaahh I don't have a sense of humor types

>going through rough divorce
>waiting for diagnosis of potentially serious health condition
>gets completely drunk and lashes out at co-worker
>realizes he fucked up and reports the incident to bbc himself

I agree Clakrson was (and most likely still is) a complete ass, but the thing about his character and personality is that you just ignore that shit like literally everyone else did. No one expects clarkson to be pc because they know he isn't.

Thing is, Jeremy Clarkson has zero influence on people's lives. If a politician said and did some of the shit he pulled, I'd be more critical, but Clarkson is an entertainer and not to be taken seriously.

Afaik know he immediately called and apologized to his superiors the next morning, so if anything that would show that he knew he fucked up.

The BBC had LOTS of stuff that wasn't PC.

I looked up some of his other "gaffs" like the infamous nursery rhyme and the Poland reference. To be fair, he did go back and listen to the mumbled audio and said he could hear the word "nigger" and gave an apology.

No one person is bigger than the sport or the genre. Look at Pete Rose: Persona non Grata still. They didn't land hard on him for the betting, it was all the fucking lies that followed.

TG Mk 2 was a complete waste of time and videotape.

Those are fair points, and he has no real excuse for doing what he did, but he wasn't in the best state mentally (not that he ever is) and at least owned up to what he did.

Going to be nitpicky, but wouldn't it be Mk3?

I'd have to know exactly how hard he punched the producer to say for sure. It's only the second time he's punched someone and he abhors manual labor and exercise so it was probably a punch in name only.

Yes user, we should all be allowed to punch our bosses and get away with it, especially after we deliberately ignore our company's rules for a decade.

I have trouble with his level of comprehension over what he did.

When people come up before the parole board, you are expected to have a few things done: to have a sincere apology to those you wronged and by extension, understand WHY what you did was so wrong.

So, what happens now is the BBC's TG Mk 2 goes in the toilet, all the production people are fired/reassigned etc and the money that the BBC could have made on that show isn't around to help offset the costs of money-losing productions.

All because Jeremy couldn't/wouldn't can't understand what he did.

And so, he sits around in his 22 room glass mansion making descisions about wheather or not to buy the new Ferrari while these former production people get to make decisions like "Do I move to Poland for 9 month of steady work".

Hardly fair.

>Pete Rose

The difference between Rose and Clarkson is Clarkson would punch someone he didn't like in the throat.

Rose wouldn't. He'd bet against your life....

Yeah, but he's at least consistently thick-skulled, so both he and the BBC should have seen this coming from miles away. (Well, the BBC did, but they tried to prolong it as much as possible)

414 speaks the truth.

I fully agree. Top Gear Mk 2 was a shit

Assaulting a producer is pretty much the most justifiable grounds for immediate termination

>BBC shill detected

kys you degenerate swine

On the other hand, and some might consider this conniving, Maybe he realized his mistake may free him from the constraints and headaches he had to deal with on a regular basis with BBC and saw it as a chance to get the hell out for greener pastures.

I don't think it was any secret that he did regularly bump heads with BBC leadership and often was constrained by them budgetarily and philosophically.

Also to that point, IIRC most of the production staff jumped ship with him when they finalized the agreement with Amazon, so it wasn't like they weren't left hanging by him.

Stay mad, Cuckson

Why not? The ratings show otherwise. Bosses are useless, they're jobs for people with no skills but McDonald's can only hire so many.

you first

I should add if this was the case and I had issues with the company I was working with and I did inadvertently lash out, then I probably wouldn't feel so guilty about it

Especially if it freed me to go to a more lucrative job.

>Why not?
Are you 15 or a nigger? You don't hurt other people unless they mean to hurt you.

Make me.

>faggit

He was inhibiting Clarkson's right to tendies.

Schol out already shitbag?

Enjoy your subpar ratings with MK2 you salty fuck

What's a "Schol"?

Enjoy your grade school education as a grown man

Good to see even the bbc realizes top gear right now is on its deathbed.

Sorry my glasses were under my fat wallet, you retarded turd. Plus I'm drunk.

Jesus that is some rapier-like humor there

Got something to say, then say it.

Otherwise, go fuck your sister, if you can catch her this time.

>you're drunk

Of course. If you're not masking your own stupidity under the guise of "being shitfaced", you're actually making the adult decision to get liquored up whilst engaging in online banter.

It's incredible, you know, the human sex drive. What makes it horrific is the fact someone was willing to go out and father you.

Too bad it's too late to do anything about it.

I'm filing with the EEOC tomorrow actually.

:)

I won't dispute it but the BBC could've covered it up easily. Considering all the chomos they're protecting one socked producer is nothing.

They wanted to get rid of him because Top Gear needed a dash of multikulti. It was either this or he gets in trouble for some meaningless micro-aggression nobody aside from angry nocar SJWs would pick up on through the grapevine.

They couldn't cover it up because Clarkson went on twitter and admitted it, and as it was in the middle of the whole Jimmy Saville thing they couldn't go easy on him.

Sure, but he also deserved to get hired by a different network and make significantly more money. Prove me wrong.

What happened to Nu-Top Gear?
I only saw the first episode and some parts of the 3rd episode.

What happens during the later episodes?

He did deserve it due to his repeated warnings, but I was sad to see him go.

Hopefully The Grand Tour will be as good as prime Top Gear.

The boss hurt him first. If he just got him the fucking steak, Jeremy would have gotten fired for driving too fast.

He deserved to be fired a long time ago.

>the whole Jimmy Saville thing
lel

Would you guys spend sixty minutes locked in a closet with Jimmy Saville if you got your dream car afterwards?

Firing a guy who punch an asshole and had make a racist joke (that was not even aired) and keep paedos on stage, sure you Brits know the sense of priority...

yes, because I am over 12, and he would not be interested.....

>You, on the other hand......

He also fucked corpses and touched the nurses. I don't think age was the only factor here.

I am neither a corpse or a nurse, or under 12.

> He thinks the Producer is the boss
The financier is the boss.

This thread belongs in Prove me wrong, (Trick question, you can't)

Isn't he dead now? Yeah i'd spend an hour in a closet with his corpse. Payback's a bitch eh Jimmy?

Tell that line to the pig who sired you.