Confession thread

ITT: petty requirements you have when picking a new car to buy

pic related

It has to be the fastest version of the car

Not buying a Lancer unless it's an Evo
Not buying a 3 series unless it's an M3
Not buying a Camry unless it's a V6 manual

>a Camry unless it's a V6 manual

It's a shame that both Toyota and Honda have stopped selling mid-size sedans with both V6 engines and manual transmissions.

What are my options for a sub-six second 0-60 mph sleeper now?

Accord still comes in manual

Not the 4 door v6 (at least in the US)

I prefer manual windows. Do I win?

If I can't afford it in cash the day I buy it, I won't buy it. Funny how not having heaps of debt works, really makes you think.

I was put into a situation where I was forced to take a loan as I had come off 2 years of unemployment, had no excess cash and my truck would no longer pass smog due to burnt piston rings (in addition to the bottom end rod knock). I hated taking on that debt.

That 25 year old truck went through 2 years of unemployment without needing any major repairs. It's currently awaiting an engine rebuild.

If the loan was for a beater to get you by then that's excusable. However if your broke ass took out a loan on a brand new vehicle after not working for two years then I have no sympathy.

Rear camera is a must for me.

>Visibility
>Buttons for at least the climate controls.
>Nice steering wheel

It won't buy if it has proprietary software installed.

running.

A midship rwd v8 swapped civic with popup lights

Canoe enthusiast, I see

Install gentoo

Why do Americans do this? Can't afford it? Don't buy it. Taking a loan for a new car is one of the most retarded things a person can do.

power windows. particularly if it's a 4 door car
power mirrors
i prefer the car have a number of popular sister cars with good aftermarket support
And I pick the least popular sister car because special snowflake
Sedans are my second-least favorite body style. I hate SUVs. My favorites are coupes and wagons

No less than 190hp.
No less than 8 cylinders.
No less than 5L displacement.

I DD a 96' Suburban in Norway and I've never been more satisfied with a car.

>ITT: petty requirements you have when picking a new car to buy
> new car
For starters, I'd never buy a new car. Enjoy your 50% depreciation as soon as you drive it out of the lot

>190 hp from a 5 liter V8

Nigger what?

It's a chevy 305 small block. They're shit at making any power due to their extreme undersquare design

...undersquare means the pistons have a longer stroke and smaller bore or am I mixing things up?

Also, I have some experience with V8s that size, and how the fuck do you afford to DD that shit

>...undersquare means the pistons have a longer stroke and smaller bore or am I mixing things up?
bingo.The 305 has a tiny cylinder core but it has the same crankshaft as a 350. It was good for emissions, which is why the engine was originally introduced in the 1970's, but it just does not like making power. And it's not the displacement. Chevy made an oversquare 302 from 1967 to 1969 (engine used a 350/327 block, and a 283 crankshaft) that loved making power and loved to rev. The 305 is the exact opposite of the Chevy 302.

Those emission laws fucked up an entire generation of engines. Then again, that 302 sounds interesting

This, I dislike too much in new cars to get one

>what kind of people drive this car
>do I want to be associated with them

We want the Monster sticker crowd

>Then again, that 302 sounds interesting
It was only used in the first gen Chevrolet camaro Z28. Nothing else got the 302. The engine was meant for racing. The Z28 was a homologation special for SCCA Trans Am racing, which had a 305 cubic inch displacement limit.

They changed the ruled in 1970 to allow the production cars to use larger engines, provided the race engine was a destroked variant. The Camaro Z28 won the Trans Am series in 1968 and 1969. The engine competed directly against 302 powered Fords but the differences in how the 2 302's delivered power led to the Chevy's victories.
The Ford 302 made more power, but it was very peaky with a very narrow powerband. This made it difficult to drive while racing because it was hard to constantly stay in the powerband.
The Chevy 302, by contrast, made 10 to 20 HP less than the Ford motor, but had a much broader and more usable powerband, so drivers didn't constantly need to hunt for RPMs.

Huh, I had absolutely no idea. That's actually interesting user, thanks for the insight

Reminder the sunoco camaro was a cheater

Using hard cash to buy a car is worse. When will this meme die. And i just financed my 20k harley when I had 40k in the bank. You don't come out ahead. Your just being autistic

SunoCamaro did nothing wrong.

/g/ents

>wanting a sedan over a coupe.

Must be a decent trim
Must be a manual.
Must have foglights.
The rear end can't look like something my mother would drive.
Must have a spoiler for ultimate rice.

I have to get the highest or at least 2nd highest trim. I don't care about new or used but I'm a fat sucker optional packages.

MUST BE JAPANESE, OR AT LEAST NOT-AMERICAN

Coupe, manual only, RWD, no less than 200 bhp stock. And most importantly, it must not be made from scrap or have a giant yet shit/weak engine, so no french, korean, or murrican cars.

>manual
>non-I4, preferably God's engine (an I6)

I'm a special fucking snowflake. If I get the choice between a reliable generic shitbox or a less reliable, somewhat more unique car I'll pick the less reliable car.