>muscle

1981 camaro hoping to get it right soon

youtu.be/qqaFGM-AyNA

about the car:

autofoundry.com/4916/what-is-the-car-in-the-movie-white-lightning/

its an LTD right?

why are they so sexy?

They really are.

Holy shit, other people are starting /muscle/ threads now? This is great!

Custom 500 with a 429.

Great movie too, watch it soon.

Who else /bigblock/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=7OQN9mHPbpc

I think you mean /bigcock/

One leads to the other.

youtube.com/watch?v=pKPhT9gPz5Y

440 + 4 speed = heaven

wouldn't mind a big block myself, it's too bad they're just so heavy

I'd bet that with modern technology, it's fully possible to make a massive V8 with superlight aluminium, but environmental regulations would kill it.

Any love for the smaller V8's,such as 327's and the like?
Just means less weight over the front end and easier for turning.

Oh absolutely. Small-block V8s are still ridiculously powerful. Still, it's harder to lay rubber for half a mile without a monster big-block. Not as much torque.

>american "muscle"
roflmao

Everybody loves smallblocks. Theyre cheap, they fit in anything, still make decent power. Shooting for 350ish crank for a fairly modest budget putting gt40 intake/heads, e303 cam, and headers onto my 302 I'll have rebuilt this winter.

What makes you think an Amarican-built engine and/or car is incapable of something australian cars are capable of?

I remember my father owning an old C10 with a 327.Glasspacks+cam on it would wake up the neighbors back then.Don't remember much more than that but can't forget the sound.No recollection of what was done to it other than that either.

>Australia
>making any good cars since Mad Max 2
youtube.com/watch?v=oY8fM7m6EJw
Something like this?

>2nd gen camaro
shit taste
still better than being a busrider fag like me though, congrats. I bet it will be fun to drive it.

I want a chevy 302

Yeah I was in the other thread when it hit bump limit and figured I'd make another one.

Is the 427CI in the LS7 not good enough? You can always get a stroker kit and/or an aftermarket block and go even crazier. You could have 700 NA HP in about 450lbs of weight.

>One leads to the other.
>this is what people buying compensators believe

Thanks man. I really hope this becomes a regular thread for Veeky Forums, busrider or car owner, boomer or millennial, to jerk off to nice cars.

Yes,but a stepside.Quite a nostalgia rush there.

Chevy 302 is such a cool engine, like America's take on euro higher-revving v8s but with cross plane and the valvetrain that must not be named.

It's awesome, but there can always be more displacement :^)
>the obligatory penis fascinated poster arrives
Glad to send you down memory lane m8

>tfw busrider and milennial

youtube.com/watch?v=00n2uTawcH0

>the obligatory penis fascinated poster arrives
that would be the guy I replied to :^)
I'm just baiting for the lulz though, Freud was a snake oil salesman. I'm into monster trucks, and coal rolling trucks not just muscle cars, so I'd get triple the flak. And I hate citycars and hybrids.

Don't worry man. You've got all your life to save up, buy a muscle car, and restore it with years of love and care. Hell, I envy you a bit.

>I'm just baiting for the lulz though
The best kind of bait
>I'm into monster trucks, and coal rolling trucks not just muscle cars
Fair enough.
>And I hate citycars and hybrids.
Fuck yeah my man.

I live in a 3rd world meme country called Uruguay. Studying engineering though, I plan to GTFO as soon as I get my degree. You know how much most engineers makes here a month? $1500 to $2000. Fucking lefties have drowned us in tax.

because americans are shit cunts

youtu.be/OS4NnzCyKgE?t=1m46s
>pathetic little tire chirps at a track in a puddle of water

meanwhile in australia on public streets,
youtube.com/watch?v=5Vb5LwKHFDg

>implying the feds didn't find his car through this video, impound it, suspend his license for a decade, and then dictate he can only drive 1L cars for the duration of his sentence on Australia afterwords as a part of the War on Hooning

at least he didnt have his home raided by a dozen swat faggots and get shot 69 times while asleep in his bed

That doesn't happen to Law-Abiding White Americans of Faithâ„¢

abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95475

If you want, the US definitely prefer skilled immigrants like engineers. You can easily make enough to buy your dream car here.

>NAACP officials said they are monitoring the case.

Did you miss the "White" part I told you about?

Olds 455ci reporting in.

My 1968 442 with M21 4 speed and modified 1971 455.

The one and only king.

>not posting based Shelby Mustangs
Tbqh they're both beautiful

Do you not understand that the American burnout competition involves keeping the car in one place, whereas Australian burnouts are what we call whipping donuts? And what does either have to do with what kind of car?

the only difference is australians arent afraid to let the brake pedal out a bit

>australian cars are just better

Again, it's a matter of style difference. If you are unable to keep the car in place for whatever reason you're disqualified. As burnout competitions are usually held at drag stripe, it's necessary to keep rubber flinging away from the track to keep the marbles to a minimum for actual racing. From what I have seen Australians tend to use larger areas not necessarily by anywhere that needs to be kept as a grippy surface.

>it's another "nth best country has to out of their way to try and seem better than America episode"

Why can't you just be happy with both Australia and America?

Of course not. He's not magnanimous enough to be American.

butt mad americans

am i retarded or were Australian cars basically built by the big three?

Why do you insist on shitposting instead of being even remotely reasonable?

They're divisions of the US big three. Australians are the red headed stepbrother of the USA. They are crazy and as dumb as your average American.

~an American whose been out to Aussieland.

I have opinions too. All is subjective.

My mean pussy!

No one likes these until they drive them. Great straight line car and a monkey could repair one. Is it still a 305 with a 4 speed?

My first car. I love it. Hitting 40mph in 1st is too much fun. I have to restrain myself from doing it every stop light

yes and it will continue if i have any say in it

that video gets me rock hard i love burnies

nice car brotha

an extremely fun mustang despite what anyone on this retard board says. I fucking love em, I would own one but im currently after something older

finally buying (2) new tires and my card is kill

what do i do while i wait, v8

clear coat it you mad man

this is probably my favorite car in this thread....pure unedited muscle big dick barreling down the highway unapologetic creampie muscle car

it kind of already has clear coat, but it's that rattlecan garbage. but anything and everything just destroys it or tarnishes it.

i should probably just pay some shop big bucks to sand blast it all down again and professionally do it.

>tfw u are dirt poor tho

this thing glows though

This. I get off on mucle cars with zero work in the asthetics but over 10k under the hood, frame, suspension etc. Looks like homemade sin but is loud and fast as a pig on fire.

posting best american muscle

Euro mussle

Oh, I plan to go to the US for some years (legally, of course). Hopefully I'll be able to start a company. Then I GTFO to Russia and marry a qt there.

Is that a police car?

I don't like that mustang model (particularly in Gone in 60 seconds style), but I LOVE your mustang. The ratty style makes a car I wouldn't like insanely cool.

That's just a nice shade of blue on a Hemi Cuda.

my American muscle car

>built in Canada

North American muscle car

I'm talking about the rims, looks like an unmarked police car.

>rims
>worried about the police

is your name tyrone

>niggas do love muscle cars

Much better than the same gen camaro ;)
lel not worried, just curious
maybe it was an interceptor back in the day

BTW the police Mustang is neat, it doesn't look like a police car until you look inside (or if you're able to give it a close inspection of the trunk lid. Well played Maryland.

>unironically praising pigs

>pigs

Sup Trayvon

Bumpan

>Ford
kill yourself my man

>literal assmad GM fangirl
stay mad

>assmad
>GM
>fangirl
what did he mean by this?

>daily reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=DxhtbjYGrI4

What kind of muscle car is this?

You're much better off with a budget 383 SBC or LSx/Vortec engine. A decent DZ 302 goes for $15-25k these days. I've seen just blocks sell for $7,500.

A relatively affordable 383 will make more power and rev up to 7,500 RPM if you want it to.

If you're not racing a rule book then big bore and big stroke take the day.

A Cummins
youtube.com/watch?v=uv2S6nP3U0s

Does anyone have that camaro pic from the interior? The one showing the windshield size compared to a hand.

Daily reminder that this car was the fastest 4 door production car in the world for nearly 30 years.
youtube.com/watch?v=J4zjIbdQ0RQ

>tries to catch a Mopar
>flips over
KEK

Actually, it wasn't. The Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 at the time was ever so marginally faster.

Almost as cool as being the best special Olympian in the world for 30 years.

t. buttmad europoors

Isn't a Chevy 302 just a 350 block and a 283 crank? Are there some special parts you need?

>The 300 SEL 6.3 was the fastest production four-door saloon in the world at the time.
notoriousluxury.com/2013/11/01/the-indomitable-mercedes-benz-300-sel-6-3/

And then came along the phase 3 GTHO and it was BTFO

>lower top speed=BTFO
Protip, it's not like golf where the smaller number is the more successful one.

Most of the DZ 302 parts were unique to the DZ 302. The easiest way to make a replica 302 is a small journal 327 block with a small journal 283 crank. Basically all factory 283 cranks are small journal and basically all factory 350 blocks are medium journal. You'll need bearing spacers to put the small journal 283 crank into the medium journal 350 block. Not really sure why you would want to with the price of new 3.48" and 3.75" cranks. Those old 283 drop forged cranks are actually pretty heavy. You're going to need a custom lightweight 3.00" crank and an all out race engine to really see the difference over an off the shelf lightweight 3.48" or 3.75" crank.