Toyota, WHY?!

The dream of the Supra is lost now

???

Let me guess, you're one of those newfag fucking morons who thinks that's going to be the real paint job, that those circular lights are the real tail lights, and the circular headlights are the real headlights.

>paintjob
how new are you?

>z4 coupe

going to buy one unless theyre super expensive desu

JUST

this better not be fucking real

???

already look better than the old Poopras

Ayy lmao tail lights

hope they fix that shit

kek

they're placeholders

same plattform new bmw z5

WAKE ME UP

>le small windows xDD REEEE

why don't you buy a minivan you fucking faggots

>reducing visibility enhances the driving experience
neck yourself

>reducing visibility

lmao stop being a manlet

oh hey its the camero owner again
"fast as fuck tank" right?

What a fuckin cunt you are

>he has his autistic window tantrum in every thread

no I'm not and the camaro is ugly

You are all like it's a surprise that Toyota makes ugly cars. Gee.

Hey I'm 5'5'' and I can't look over the steering wheel either

>implying I'm a lanklet

top kek manlet detected

lol whoever posted this is trying very hard

lol please get your drivers license and/or try your first trackday before ever trying to sound smart again

My body is ready

because all racecars have big windows :^)

sorry, i meant to reply to the post you were quoting.

like lmfao if anyone had to worry about looking behind them in a surpa because they daily it in rushhour downtown city traffic

Wtf, I hate Toyota now.

Looks much better than the Z5. Less roadster more sport car. I really don't "get" the BMW Zs. They should be more like sport cars but I guess that is what their 2 series is now. But imagine a lower 2 seater lighter 2 series, not this modern interpretation of roadster thing. It would kick ass.

Post yfw Toyota fucks it up even more with

>V6
>Single turbo
>Non jz platform
>AWD
>CVT
>No manual option
>Weight over 4k

>hybrid

Man when this car comes out Veeky Forums is going to be so butthurt
>Angry if it's ugly
>Angry if its pretty
>Angry if fast
>Angry if slow
>Angry if good
>Angry if bad

Take a shit and chill out senpai

V6 is superior to l6
Dunno why they would use a single for an engine with two banks but whatever
Jz is a dead platform and will never return because of emissions
Cvt.. they aren't nissan

>company that puts prius tires and and engine with torque dip in one car
>b-but they aren't nissan!

Calling it
>Hybrid
>3.0L V6 turbo with 1 electric motor
>450HP
>3600lbs
>Production model is uglier then concept
>$90,000 starting MSRP

They gonna hit their brand like Honda killed the NSX

All I ask is for a manual option. Even if its a pigfat GT it will still be worth it if it's manual.

It looks just like a fucking Supra why are you complaining?

Subaru made that engine

Why do they put the crazy designs on the cars when we can see the shape of it?

y-you mean that's not a new Toyota paint option?

>>tfw you'll never confuse enemy submarines with your dazzle-painted econobox.

to be fair, wouldn't you want the windows in a Camaro to be as small as possible to prevent yourself being seen driving it?

I'd just get mine sealed up with steel panels like a coffin, because if I'm in a boomer-mobile i deserve to be dead.

The Prius tires were so you could skid easier.

This is cool and all, but this is a mistake on Toyota's behalf. Even if it came with 600 hp+, 10,000 ft-lbs, the most aerodynamic, and beautifully styled body, RWD and a 6 speed stick, it would still disappoint.
>"BUT IF IT HAD ALL THAT THEN IT-"
It's not that it's bad that it is, but it really shouldn't be released. No car Toyota can make and label "Supra" will be able to live up to the hype and myth the Supra generated. Sure, they might be able to release a top-notch GT coupe (if they throw out the hybrid system, AWD, CVT, and the likes), but they will never make a GT coupe like the Supra was a GT coupe.

>omg $90k for that? wow what happened to dem days when japan had affordable sports cars damn japan has really gone downhill xDDD

It's a spy photo, basically it's before the car is put into production so they do that so it doesn't spoil the "surprise"

Shut the fuck up asshole.

you could never satisfy Veeky Forums with the new Supra. It would have to be

>inline twin turbo 6
>six speed manual
>under 1300kg or its pigfat
>no hybrid shit! new technology = bad
>has to look exactly like the old supra but still different
>has to be faster than the GT-R/C7 or endless shitposting abound
>at least 700hp or its slower than a minivan

now while all those things are technically possible and would make it one of the greatest sports cars of all time

>really cheap or it's overpriced, as if the old supra was cheap

and thats why no one will ever be happy

No actual argument? Is there a little doubt gnawing at the back of your mind, knowing that the new Supra is never going to live up to the hype, because no car they make can?

($4,000) 1991 CAMERO V6 L@@K - Chicago

That's kinda the problem with legendary names like that. Even though the Supra wasn't insanely super fast stock, it's come to form this sort of epic that's been passed down enough generations to basically be exaggerated beyond any reason to a lot of people. So yeah, it'll be a Supra, but it won't be THE Supra.

No one cares about hype from 12 year Olds. It's the most irrelevant thing ever and Is no basis for an argument
No matter what it will be better than the mk4 unless it comes with only 200hp
So yes fuck off

>V6 is superior to l6

Stupidest thing I've read all day.

I hope the V6 meme will die already. Also the electric hybrid technology.

Mad because you're wrong. Literally cannot disprove my statement.

You're a fucking retard

All were asking for is that it has a manual option, rwd, and weight no more than 1.5 tonnes.

Also larger side windows wtf

Don't give a fuck if its l6 v6 or fuckinv W12 as long as it isn't cucked.

Basically a next level gt86

What is it with you yanks and Supras?

They've only even been expensive pigfat GT cars. The only good thing about them was an engine that you could boost to stupid numbers and plenty of other toyotas had it too. Or do you base your idea of wat car is gud from Fast and Furious?

Welcome to 2017 lads.

The future is bleak, very bleak considering you can't even see out of vehicles any more.

doesnt matter what it is. Veeky Forums will not stop bitching about it when it comes out bc a 20 year old honda civic will be faster than it around the tsukuba

That literally is their redeeming value

The new supra is called a lexus lfa and the cheaper 4cylinder versions are called toyota 86

If V6 are hiking shoes, the I6 are the dress shoes. Now the former might be more practical or even comfortable and cheap, but does that make it better than the other one?

The funny thing is it will probably be a turbo inline 6 with a manual and weight under 1500kg. So it's going to be pretty close. I think BMW is actually going to deliver on this one.

>1400kg
>pigfat
have you seen the weight of literally any modern car except the new miata?
retard

Its basically just an old car thats over priced because of the fast and furious and video games like need for speed.

contrarian faggot

1:01 around tsukuba is god tier

Supra was ugly. Whad did you expect?
It'll be just another GT 86/BRZ

Exactly. Sure, we can make another one, but should we.
The problem is, it isn't little kids anymore. The 10 year olds that watched Fast and Furious are now 24, and they still see the Supra as this thing of legends. As for the irrelevance, it is still very relevant. Just look at this thread. There's contempt for the new Supra, simply because it's new. I see no counter argument in your post, so excuse me if my points don't match the argument you don't have.

>1:01 around Tsukuba
>Top secret ebin tune
>good

Even with the best, it is still a piece of shit. AE86s went faster easily.

>There's contempt for the new Supra, simply because it's new
because Veeky Forums is full of contrarian hipster faggots. they hate everything.
toyota doesnt care about poorfags who think a rusty bone stock miata with lettuce suspension is the best car ever, theyve never been the intended market of the supra and never will be. there is zero logical reason to blindly hate a new car just because it has the same name as a 25 year old shit box that you jerked to when you were a kid. seriously, fuck off.

>AE86s went faster easily
an N2 ae86 with racing slicks is about the same speed. that is a street car on street tires.

>implying I was still a child when F&F came out
Ok, I'm seeing two different points here.
>Poor people will never be the Supra's target audience
I figured this was a given fact.
>there is contempt for the supra because it's new
>Veeky Forums is contrarian
It's easy to type something you don't believe into a computer, some of their real opinions are not here.

>because Veeky Forums is full of contrarian hipster faggots. they hate everything.

Truth. If the Supra's popular, it must be shit.

>all these people who don't know what concept camouflage is

Why am I even on this board?

So go wank over a chaser then.

Oh wait, that wasnt in F&F

Why do you care what people masturbate to?

>people thinking this is the final design of the Supra

I bet you think this is gonna be the C8 Corvette too

FD 1200kg
NSX 1300kg
R32 GTR 1400kg
Supra 1500kg

It's the fattest and it doesn't even have all the 4wd crap weighing down the GTR.

That's not even that bad. About on par with a Corvette or R34 Skyline. You want pigfat you want a GT-R or an M5. Those cars have weight that actually start to become a hindrance unlike the Supra.

This looks like trash senpai, the old ones were far better.

Oh shut the fuck up already.

C4 - 3,300 lbs
C5- 3,300 lbs
R33 - 3,400 lbs
R34 - 3,400 lbs
Z32 - 3,400-3,500 lbs
GTO - 3,700 lbs

Yet no one ever calls anything else pigfat. Uneducated memespouters.

This desu.

It's not really fair comparing it to a GTR or M5 (assuming you mean R35 and F10) with all the extra safety shit.

E34 M5 which was it's contemporary was only an extra 250kg over the supra and that's a 4 door luxury sedan.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the new one and unlike most people in this thread I might actually buy one when I trade up from my 86.

But the Mk4 was a big beast of a car in its day. It rwally was a Japanese Mustang, massive power when molded but lolcantturn.

And saying it weights the same as American cars and 4wd cars is kind proving my point m8

Not to mention:

Lotus Esprit - 3,100 lbs
Porsche 968 - 3,100 lbs
1994 Porsche 911 - 3,300 lbs
Firebird - 3,400 lbs
Viper RT/10 - 3,450 lbs
ZR1 - 3,500 lbs
Ferrari 512TR - 3,700 lbs

>massive power when molded but lolcantturn.

Hoooooooooly shit, just fuck off and just admit you've never actually driven one.

I was agreeing with you until

>lolcantturn

You realize weight isn't the only factor involved in a car's handling, and the chassis in fact handles very well?

looks like a commodore ute 2 mii m8

>that ducktail
looks p neato matey

Haven't driven, but I've been a passenger in.

Could have been a shitty driver tho, it was a gurl when i was at Uni.

Alright, so you haven't driven one and haven't been witness to it being thrown around corners. Why are you commenting on its handling?

OK clarkson, I'm sorry I haven't driven every car ever.

Sure it might be quick around a track, but even just as a passenger you can see its no light nimble car like an Rx7 or GT86.

please toyota for the love of god please make a inline six turbo motor with that d-4s injection, not for a supra primarily but also a tundra or a 4runner or a tacoma but without the turbos for 4runner/tacoma

I think it looks pretty good besides the small windows

>talks shit about cars he's never even driven
>"w-w-w-wow! s-s-sorry for not having driven EVER CAR EVER, y-you DICK!"

How about you talk about things you have credentials to speak about? The MK4 Supra is an incredibly well balanced vehicle and pulls more lateral G-forces on the skidpad than than your GT86. Get some proper tires and shocks on it and you can pull some ridiculously-tight maneuvers. 3,400 LBS is absolutely middle-weight. M3s weigh that much, Corvettes weigh that much, R34s weigh that much. Stop listening to Veeky Forums memes for your vehicle knowledge.

>someone who actually knows what they're talking about on Veeky Forums

I never thought I'd see the day.T-thank you, faggot-kun ...

FUCK ALL YOU FAGGOTS FOR NOT PURPOSEFULLY EDITING OUT ALL THOSE FUCKING TAGS AND NAMES

OR AT LEAST DEFACING THEM