ITT: Cars that could have been good but weren't

Am I the only one that thinks if the Prelude and Del Sol had been made RWD, they would have changed the game? Imagine the competition the S chassis would've had if the Prelude came out different.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

I've had both a 240sx and a SC300. The only reason I've never owned one is because it isn't RWD. They're such stylin' cars.

Please don't reply to a Corey thread.

Lol this is gonna be a wild ride

Can we change that to "cars that could've been amazing but instead were merely pretty good"?

Seriously, imagine this in RWD. Pretty much a Miata coupe with a V6 instead of an inline 4, and the easiest swap to a 2.5l in the world.

RWD prelude, accord would change the history

OP here, I don't want to present this as a "oh FWD is garbage blah blah" because it's not, FWD is fun and can handle fantastically. Look at the numbers Civics are putting out in TAC these days, but seriously, the prelude would have been flawless as RWD. It has the lines, the distribution, the style. I wish Honda would explore with RWD more.

It's hard enough to find an unmolested Prelude as it is. Most were either wrapped around telephone poles or were impounded/stolen/eaten by rust by the time Bush left office.

Do you see what the average S-chassis car looks like? They all are multicolored Frankenstein abominations that have three different cracked bodykits. The number of stock unmolested examples is probably in the triple digits.

The Prelude is good for what it is, an economy coupe. It handles well and it looks nice. It is not a race car/

>muh rwd

:eyeroll

Please explain?

"Corey" is a shitposter notorious for making FWD vs RWD threads, usually involving the Prelude in some way.

Basically this. He was also retarded miami lad for a while. He's harder to spot for newfags because he just acts really retarded and doesn't sewage-post like our other prolific shitposters.

out of all of them corey is by far the best shitposter
retarded miami lad and wheelbase kid were great characters

Corey's shitposting is definitely more creative than Alphonse's, who just repeats the same thing over and over.

Lol thanks!

agree, you can tell when his autism flares up as his responses get more and more repetative and brief. it's like his brain seizes up lol

worst of all we've now got alphonse imitators, which is cringy as fuck.
why imitate the shittest shitposter on Veeky Forums

>even my washer has ecoboost
kys

I think preludes are relatively easy to find compared to other sporty hondas

>Ferrari and GM lost to a fucing washer at LeMans

TOP FUCKING KEK

NO WAY THEY WILL RECOVER FROM THIS

depends on location i guess? i see other preludes all the fucking time here in texas

I live in Massachusetts, rust & rice took them off the road.
nice digits

King and prez have actually been here longer, they just started tripping recently.

There are a couple clean ones in Maryland but hood rats love to ride them as turbo beaters.

whatever, they're all cookie cutter shit tier trolls who genuinely think people get mad at seeing some memelaps image for the millionth time

They are off the charts on the autism spectrum. They don't care, this is just how they masturbate. A few anons, myself included, are actually setting up a new image board since the mods here have abandoned Veeky Forums and let these fucks run rampant.

link?

www.reddit.com

thanks moite

Autoib.org

my sides are fucking done

yeah but what about the best gen?

>we are going to go to a different school because derek keeps bullying us :(

RWD isn't the problem. The problem with the Prelude was its redundancy. It was always based on the Accord which already had a coupe variant. It should have had a dedicated chassis.

The Del Sol suffered a similar problem. While not redundant because convertible targa top, it too needed a dedicated platform. The problem, imo, with the Del Sol was that it LOOKED mid-engined, but was based on a front engine, FWD Civic. If it were given a dedicated MR platform, ala the Pontiac Fiero, it would've been so much better. Give it the front suspension of the Civic like it already had, but take the front end of the Accord/Prelude and attach it to the back. Then give it an F22, an H22, and one of those C30 V6's as engine options.
In a similar manner, the Pontiac Fiero used the front end of the Chevrolet Chevette, but the rear suspension/drivetrain setup was lock, stock, and barrel straight from the FWD A-body/W-body cars. The front sway bars from an A or W-body car will bolt right into the rear suspension of a Fiero.

It's moving out of a no-go zone. Somewhere so bad law enforcement doesn't bother entering.

Have fun with your dead board
Josh the driver loving fags have tried before and lol
8ch was meant to be the new board for trip fags but it dead at birth

If you dont like Veeky Forums culture on Veeky Forums... fuck off to r/cars

this

hondas dont need to be rwd to change the game son.

>If you dont like Veeky Forums culture on Veeky Forums... fuck off to r/cars
>if you don't like this shit site, go to this even shittier site
no thanks. Third option a best.

>hurr durr all boards are/b/
>hurr durr autists constantly sewageposting and flooding the board is fine
>hurr durr go somewhere even more terrible

>samefagging this hard
Ayyyyyyy lmao

I've always like the Preludes looks, I just hate FWD

>240sx
Too bad, toyota can't make good sports cars like nissan.

>inb4 muh 86
It's a piece of fucking shit that's slower than a fiesta in every way.

Lol?

People that actually drive/drift irl generally know that Toyota has made great sportscars - most especially in the 80s/90s when 240sx were being produced.

>What is an mr-2

And it needed to have Jet engines but it didnt so it's a piece of shit!!1

JK Prelude was a very nice car.

A flimsier rustier slower tercel with an engine in the back seat and overall fatal weight distribution?

delete this

almost never. not a day goes by that im not sad the 5's don't have cute headlights that never work

youtube.com/watch?v=a7jJnwEeiU0

Rotflmao

Seconding this. K engine still makes a fwd car pretty hectic. Most perfect V6 ever.

he said mr-2 not aw11

fwd ruins everything

how is it slower? even the 4wd turdcel wagon has a slower 0-60

i love gm but holy fuck 10/10 top kek

Would've required a new RWD platform and just about everything Honda made at that point was FWD.

The S2K and NSX are exceptions.

Yeah but they're both cucks anyway.

Not op and it would've never happened, but a MR car based on the Civic would've been and still would be the sickest car ever.
>B16
>2500lbs
>Double wishbone
>MR

this this this

also, the new platform that the prelude was on should have been a honda rwd platform

>its another "the del sol shoulda been mr cause it looks mr bro!" post

I'd give my left nut for a RWD Prelude

They did with the S series. Preludes would have been a great V6 RWD that would have been a mini NSX vs a V6 FWD which would have been the Accord coupe.

That would have been my fucking dream to own one of each. To be honest, I did not like S2k just because of the convertible shit.

Why not just keep the miata lighter with an inline 4

RWD ruins even more. Just a reminder. Pic related. Completely ruined by a RWD conversion for the sake of making boomer panties wet.

Every car is worse with fwd

>FWD Chevy goes through RWD conversion.
>IRS is thrown in the trash. replaced by a live rear axle from the 60s
>High tech DOHC 24 valve V6 is trashed in favor of a pushrod small block V8 from the 1950's
>Resulting car is only good for straight lines and would lose any race around a legitimate track by a bone stock unmodified FWD variant
fuck off retard

Honestly I hate cars with fart cannons but a one of these with a fart cannon and a V6 has never sounded sweeter.

>chevy in charge of performance
Fuck off

>anons in charge of common sense
fuck retard

>this assmad you got btfo
lol

Monte Carl Winslow

The Mazda K engine weighs almost exactly the same as the B engine. They're within 5 pounds of each other.

>opinions
>btfo
pick one.

Both.

Btfo

trick question. Because it's you, you don't get to pick anything.

That looks like a pretty awesome skid machine.

Rude

Same happens to rwd converted integras. Also i hope you like weight distribution around 70 20 cause otherwise you need 400lb in the back with the lightest engine that fits. Lightest engine that fits is only slightly stronger than a base line miata. Rotary dosent fit at all.

>Also i hope you like weight distribution around 70 20
That's terrible. Even the (stock) FWD W-body cars like the RWD converted Monte Carlo mentioned have a weight distribution around 60/40... which is typical for a FWD car. Converting a FWD car to RWD ruins it utterly 9 times out of 10.

NO the prelude doesn't need to be rear wheel drive, to quote Mr Regular everything needs a character flaw in a metal rex sorta way

I don't agree with the OP about the RWD aspect but anything can be a race car.

better blunt and rude than stupid and ignorant.

How? This makes no sense.

Why would a FWD car need weight in the back when normally all the weight would be in the front anyway?

>I have no clue how complicated a RWD conversion is

Well you'd start by cutting a transmission tunnel. Then cut out the rear of the car, make some mounts, fit up a subframe from some other car and fit some suspension in. Then slap a fuel cell in on top.

I'm not understanding how you get 70-20 unless you put in an over sized motor, or an undersized rear subframe.

Rotflmao

>weight distribution around 70/20
Where is the other 10%???

Rekt

Why would you buy a fwd car in the first place? They're pieces of shit.

found the neckbeard

Stay retarded

shave your neckbeard.

Stay retarded

Found the broke ass that has to take the bus to begin with

Retard

i duno man they are definitely better than rwd if you live anywhere that gets snow. easier to not die in that is

What if the 5th gen prelude had been based on the S2000?

It would have been the best attainable Honda ever.