>no OHC
>no hybrid system
>no active aero
>just a big fucking V10

Will displacelets ever learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

gtrlife.com/forums/topic/39219-back-seat-usability/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And then they axed it because they can't fit side curtain airbags in it.

Nurburgring time?

>pushrod cuckolds believe this

It has 13 track records, more than any car has ever had. Does it need a Durrburgerking time?

That was quick. This will be a good thread. I can tell.

At dodge
>What will are next ACR be?
>I know, Lets grab the racing spec viper and make it street legal
>BRILLIANT

kek. Either way, its a pretty good car

Why are you doing this, user

Chrysler can make a record breaking Viper but can't make an econobox
>HURR DURR AMERICANS GOOD AT BUILD CAR

Because yurocucks and weebs need to get it through their fucking skulls that there really is no replacement for displacement.

It has 13 track records in America after a weekend or more of testing at each one while the European cars were just there for a few hotlaps in the hands of a magazine?
Cool I guess but not really

das it

kek

>weekend or more of testing

Citation needed? The Viper was given to Motortrend and they broke Laguna Seca's record in one go so why do you think they'd need entire days for times around other tracks?

7:12

4 seconds slower then NISMO GTR

>previous generation on a chassis made in 2003
>only 3 seconds slower than a time set in 2015

Is Nissan even trying?

>struggling to compete with a V6 nissan
all of my keks

>the best, most cutting-edge tech Japan has to offer
>only 3 seconds faster than an uncivilized brute of a car that's well over a decade older
>on a 7 minute lap

Nissan seems to be the one struggling to compete here.

Active aero is only useful in F1, or daily drivers. Dodge's refusal to use it actually gives the ACR an extremely effective wing, moreso than it would have if it were active. Still, since it can't retract, it hurts the top speed - but that doesn't matter as much out on the track.

Did the new Viper even post an official time yet? Why not? They probably couldn't beat the Nismo GTR.

AWD is king. That's why you get for having a front engine, RWD. Plenty of donuts (which amerifats love) but shit performance.

>damage control
rotflmao
this

>hurts top speed
Nurburgring has a speed limit of 155mph on the straight. If anything, it helps the Viper.

A gtr couldn't turn, crashed and killed 2 people last year. Manufacture lap times have since been banned.

Yeah and an F1 car can lap the nurburgring in less than 5 minutes.

Still doesn't make it a good car.

Riiiiight, it was the GTR's fault.

The new ACR is faster than the old one in every way and has a huge gap between itself and the old one on most tracks. the $280,000 nurburgring package nismo was 3-4 seconds faster than the old one. I don't see it being slower than the Nismo. it will probably be slower than the 918 because of the sheer power advantage + the fastest shifting DCT in the world (PDK).

Why reply to that? the bAc is slower than older vettes and 911s on some tracks and there not even any laptimes between the two on the Lotus comparo.

>Yeah and an F1 car can lap the nurburgring in less than 5 minutes.
Citation? That'd mean an F1 car is more than a minute faster than the official all-time lap record of 6:11.

terrible meme faggots, Ford, Alfa Romeo, BMW, VW and other have released nurburgring laptimes after the GTR crash

that is a false excuse said by GM and FCA to justify not going to the ring

No, they haven't been banned. It's been lifted for months.

Old ACR-X officially managed to run a 7.03 because it had 650hp, a barebones gutted interior (3300lbs), and wasn't even street legal. 5 seconds faster then a 4 seater, street legal GTR with 600hp and 3800lbs. Amerifats need 50hp more and 500lbs less weight to win lmao. But it doesn't count because it's not road legal so we ignore it.

New Viper never ran an official time because Dodge is scared shitless. Apparently their team posted an unofficial 7.01 but never posted a video or stats. Know why they didn't post a video? Because the fucking thing is gutted just like before.

By comparison, NISMO GTR N Attack only did a spare tire and rear seats delete along with bucket seats. That was it for weight reductions. The ACRX didn't have a radio, aircon, carpets, interior, nothing.

See Americans don't actually focus on the art of designing a high quality car, they just supersaturate it with power and call it a day. Dodge was the only clever manufacturer that came along and said "let's take stuff out." Maybe in 10 years time they'll come up with another clever idea like designing a car that actually directs air into their wing or better weight distribution.

>Old ACR-X officially managed to run a 7.03

We're not talking about the ACR-X but the street-legal ACR so where is this shit coming from?

>New Viper never ran an official time because Dodge is scared shitless.

Of what? it shits on the Nismo on all tracks they both been on.

>Amerifats need 50hp more and 500lbs less weight to win lmao. But it doesn't count because it's not road legal so we ignore it.

Nissan needs $280,000 DCT AWD and a shit ton of computers to win. so only they are allowed to have any advantage?

>a 4 seater

You mean those useless rear """seats""" that can't sit jack shit other than amputees and toddlers? Not sure why that's even worth mentioning.

>By comparison, NISMO GTR N Attack only did a spare tire and rear seats delete along with bucket seats. That was it for weight reductions. The ACRX didn't have a radio, aircon, carpets, interior, nothing.

How the hell did that amount to an extra $100,000+ for the N-attack then? seems like they had to do a shit-ton more than that. oh and we are talking about the last ACR which did 7:12. The ACR X was like the Zonda R just for shits and giggles.

>See Americans don't actually focus on the art of designing a high quality car

Starting to sound like fanboy drivel. Elaborate on Viper vs GTR "quality"?

>Dodge was the only clever manufacturer that came along and said "let's take stuff out."

Porsche has been doing that for years and they are considered the best for doing so.
>pic related

>Maybe in 10 years time they'll come up with another clever idea like designing a car that actually directs air into their wing or better weight distribution.

The weight distribution is fucking fantastic on those cars. They won numerous GT Endurance races despite a heavy than most engine in its day that needed nothing short of near perfect distribution. that is what allowed them to win races like the 24 hours of Nurburgring 3 times.

Last but not least is this some kind of copy pasta? just feels like it.

>Nissan needs $280,000 DCT AWD and a shit ton of computers to win. so only they are allowed to have any advantage?
It's called actual engineering. Nissan doesn't do what American car companies do every new cycle - add power, steal styling, and that's it. There's more to cars then that. R35 is a huge leap from R34. New Viper is much like the old Viper, it's just got styling and a huge wing now.

>You mean those useless rear """seats""" that can't sit jack shit other than amputees and toddlers? Not sure why that's even worth mentioning.
You could move the front seats up. I'm 6'4 and sat in the back of my 300zx before. There's space when you need it. Or have the chicks sit in the back. They don't mind.

>How the hell did that amount to an extra $100,000+ for the N-attack then?
Suspension, aerodynamics, better cooling, and a bunch of carbon fiber. CF is expensive user.

>The ACR X was like the Zonda R just for shits and giggles.
Kek. One's built entirely from carbon fiber, the other is a chassis on wheels.

>Nissan doesn't do what American car companies do every new cycle
>add power

The GTR has been gaining power every few years. its like they raise the boost and jack up the price along with it.

>steal styling

Pretty vague, the Viper has always had its own styling identity other than being a long-ish hooded coupe like other long-ish hooded coupes that came before.

>You could move the front seats up

On Forums 5'9 guys and even with the seats pushed up he couldn't fit any normal sized adult back there and with children/car seats said it was highly comfortable.

>Kek. One's built entirely from carbon fiber, the other is a chassis on wheels.

One can be used on tracks anywhere and the other violets noise restrictions so i guess the "shits and giggles" thing might not apply to the ACR-X as much as the Zonda R which was just seeing how fast they could possibly go with almost no legal limits.

>It's called actual engineering.

Both cars run a different path to achieve their goals. In a way, the Viper is like the RX7. the RX7 could actually beat a GTR of its day on some tracks because it was extremely light and had a good power-weight ratio. Mazda chose to take advantage of their chassis and the natural laws of physics to get as much performance out of their car as possible for the cheapest amount of money and little electronic assist leading to an extremely fast and overall low-cost of maintenance sports-car. The Viper in many ways continues this path by being cheaper than most super-cars to own/buy while providing extreme performance for those who don't necessarily want to pay millions for hyper-car performance or go down the Modified car route. (modifying most cars usually voids warranty)

I wouldn't just toss it off as lack of "engineering" because the method they chose to deliver that performance is so different. In my opinion its makes for better diverse options instead of every car being an AWD V6 Turbo (New NSX) its why Top Gear enjoyed the car so much.

Except the Viper gets significantly better gas mileage

>pic

Neat. You kind of expect the Viper to be a 50ft long sportsbarge, so I'm always surprised how small they are in person.

>How does inflation work?
There's your price jack.

>Own styling
Which is why they styled it after a Vette which was styled after a Ferrari.

>On Forums 5'9 guys and even with the seats pushed up
Not forums, a topic. This is the topic you got it from after a quick google search. I'm guess you never sat in a GTR before so don't bullshit:
gtrlife.com/forums/topic/39219-back-seat-usability/

And you missed the post where a guy had 3 full sized dudes in his car (each 6') and they fit.

>Viper is like RX7
MY FUCKING SIDES. RX7 is lightweight and nimble, Viper is a glorified pony car. The only difference is, it's got more power then ever before but with less practical use then ever. I guarantee you they ran a gutted Viper down to the metal. Let's wait for the vid if they ever decide to post it.

BTW how are Viper sales doing? They still dropping by the price by $15,000 to getting people to buy it?

that's just fucking sad

i'm not an american, but the viper is fucking COOL. and to get shit on because of MUH SAFETY REGULATIONS?

just don't drive it if u don't want to, for fuck's sake don't ruin it for everyone else.

add a big ass disclaimer (no airbags) and let people make their own mind up.

>Which is why they styled it after a Vette which was styled after a Ferrari.

except the viper was released first, one of the first Veeky Forums memes about the c7 was how similar it was to the viper

>they styled it after a Vette
the only thing they have in common is they're both coupes. Idiot.

1/10
I replied

F1 cars are RWD, cuck

Yes there is.

How do turbocharged & supercharged pro-mod cars (limited to 540ci & 526ci respectively) compete with nitrous entries who have no cubic inch limits but tend to have around 850-900ci engines.

The fastest production bike in the world has

>no AWD
>no DCT
>DOHC
>No hybrid system
>No active aero
>Just a 1L engine with a supercharger

1/8 the size engine, and over half the HP

>"Data" from Top Gear
>Reliable and not in any way a form of Britcuck propaganda meant to keep the entire population from committing near-simultaneous suicide

Pick one friend.

>I'm 6'4 and sat in the back of my 300zx before.
I'm 6'1 and sat in the back of a Z32. If you told me to sit back there for an hour I'd tell you to fuck off.

most american thing said here.

>1/8 the size engine, and over half the HP
Math isn't your strong suit is it

Give us an example.

>>fastest
wrong

but could that beat the GTR on the burgering

so we're just going to ignore the actual fastest car in the world, the 918?

>fastest actual road car on the ring
>beats Veyron SS on a straight line

k. bunch of memesters on here.

definitely

supersonic drifting is h e k t i k as fuck

Why is it so strangely slow to 100kph

They dont take f1 cars there, too bumpy and no one wants to pay

Except 'americans' would sue and say the disclaimer wasn't noticeable enough.

>top gear trqack
>street legal in america vs street legal in the united kingdom of gokarts

He's full of shit. An F1 car would shake itself to bits on the 'ring. The guy who set the record in the early 80's in the Porsche was an absolute madman who had zero regard for his life, and was later killed in a different race.

If the 6min 11 sec record is ever broken, it'll be because the car practically drove itself around the track. Nobody's had the balls for thirty years to match that time.

This.

No F1 car can run the ring. It can't be tuned for the road without making it too slow to even bother

Nigger, you're joking, right?

J/k, you have to be joking. 10/10

No, I flunked math but you get the point.

No