New car, need help

Hey guys, I just bought this car a month ago. I just got my driving permit because i put it off for so long. I bought this car for $1,500 USD and i think it's a steal. But I need help, do you guys think this car is riced out? Yes or no.

Pictures:

gyazo.com/ca1f71791c629ed618eae7473da913e0

gyazo.com/65a59981543671d894c10b8249205999

gyazo.com/f8d1a41bd740ad45525ee831f88d9487

gyazo.com/19db88442846a413b2c7bd7db87a9b03

gyazo.com/029b4d001a0010190d33a75d682566ca

Pretty ricey if you ask me. Shouldnt be too hard to de-rice

yeah pretty riced out.

post a pic of what's under the hood. And stop making me go to gyazo. you're on an imageboard you dingus.

Can you suggest some things to do to un-rice it?

Paint wheels differnt color, take off the tail lens tint, take off stickers and spoiler. Id like to help you more but post pics here, not on that site you have linked

new wheels ABSOLUTELY, no lateral wing things ABSOLUTELY, no stickers, maybe keep one or two you like.

Interior is fine, but I'm not sure what's going on with the back seats tbqh

Im not able to get a picture of under the hood at the moment. Sorry, But the guy that I bought it from said he just put a D-series stock engine in it when he locked the other one up

By new wheels, do you mean new rims? Sorry, I'm pretty new to the whole car scene. I've always had an interest in them, just never really know where to start.

>not having checked before buying
>not perfectly knowing it before even going to buy it

D-series goes from 1.2 to 1.7 litres, Vtec and not Vtec...be more specific you dumbo

"Rims" are acutally called wheels. I wouldnt go out and spend a bunch of money if new wheels. Just repaint them yourself. Look up a how-to video on youtube.

>stickerbombed instrument panel
just get an OEM one from a junkyard

>XXR's
plenty of affordable wheels that aren't absolute dogshit quality made in 4x100 bolt pattern

>blacked out taillights
while at junkyard for new instrument panel, get a set of un-molested taillights too people can actually see if you're braking

>whatever the fuck those flaps are bolted to the rear hatch
yeah just take those out unless you like rust

>orange peel paint
not much you can do about that unless you are handy with spray tools

pic related is what a nice ek should look like imo

I mean take the fucking blue away from that thing, painting, unpainting, buying new, buying used, doesn't matter. Un rice those wheels, they are the main thing that makes the car bad.

It's a 1.7 Liter with and non-vtec. But has a v tec switch in the dash with a rpm controller near the speedometor.

......are you sure

Where is the engine probably from? Just so I can find which D17 you should have.

Under the hood

And yes im sure that's what it is. But i have no clue where the engine is from, like i said, idk where he got it or if everything is even installed correctly.

Take a look at where your air filter is loacted. Its on the end of the long black tube with the blue flanges on it. Make sure it is not able to get wet during rain

I checked and it isn't exposed at all. Thank you for the heads up though!

We aut/o/ people call that the gas pedal user

>this thread
Clever ruse/10

>v tec switch in the dash with a rpm controller near the speedometor

Hahaha whaat

whats up with the second spark plug?

Just paint the wheels black if you're gonna keep the rear lights tinted. Its a popular fad now. Modifying taillights has been a thing in Japan for many years so don't worry about haters - just stay within the legal limits of your area.

Stickers aside the interior is nice. What you want to do now is focus on getting it to look that good under your hood.

Check for rust and take care of it early. Check your suspension but don't dump money into it. Don't fucking lower it or cam the wheels out.

Your main priority right now should be researching your engine, how it works and things you can swap into it. Also research routine maintenance and engine rebuilds.

If you decide you want to keep the car for a while you will want to have the engine bay repainted when you pull it to either swap or rebuild. This is where you want to focus on any crazy aesthetics. Think painted parts and covers but don't get carried away and let it detract from performance. Generally the simpler the better. Keep a clean and functional build before thinking veerrryyy carefully about any further ricer mods you want to do after that assuming you aren't broke and want the car for years. The best place to start is a steering wheel and shifter knob. A bodykit should be the last thing you do unless already damaged.

If you want to be respected you will want to start meeting people that actually work on cars and are genuine enthusiasts. Research online. Go to meets. Start with groups that know your car and don't be afraid to ask questions or look stupid. Willingness to learn is the easiest way in. From there you will start to meet people that actually go to tracks or do legit street racing that will have years of experience and can teach you amazing things.

Once you get a feel for your car, how it works and how to properly drive it you can start meeting people that drive different cars than you and really share back and forth things each of you have learned about whatever you end up specializing in.

Not that bad honestly, I've seen way worse, as long as the engine and drivetrain are fine.

Thats a d16y8 it's a 1.6l not a 1.7

I see a vtec solenoid on the head, it's vtec.

That's a D16y8 not a D17 Jesus. All in all you got that thing for a steal. I'm actually jealous

No timing belt cover?

Thanks guys, im actually 15, lol. I know ill probably get reported for being underage but i didn't know anywhere else to go.

not a vtec, looks like a dx motor, since the header is integrated with a cat on it, welcome to the honda family tho

From thumb
>Rice stickers
>Shit spoiler
Yeah its riced

it's vtec, there's a solenoid on the back of the head underneath the breather filter.

If it was a dx it would have a d15b7 which has the spark plugs towards the rear of the valve cover, not up front like the d16y8 and y7's.

You're wrong. None of these 6th gens came with the d15. The eks only came with 4 motors. B16a2 the non vtec d16y7 the vtec d16y8 and the economy vtec d16y5. Learn your motors.

OP said it was from another Honda. Read your posts.

Don't know if you're OP but you're a retard for saying that since you'll probably get banned. Hell, I might be underage too but I wouldn't post it.

yeah he said it was a d17 which it isnt because the 7th gen was the first series they introduced coil packs
the d15 is in the 5th gens. the d16y8 thats in his car now came from the same 6th gen series just not on the hatch backs they came in the coups and sedans only.

theres some education for you.