2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Redpill me on the JDM Subaru Legacy B4 RSK.

I have the opportunity to buy one for $6500 CAD with only 60,000km.

The twin turbo seems cool.

it is definitely a wolf in sheeps clothing but don't take that twin turbo boxer 4cyl engine lightly
it must be a clusterfuck pain in the ass to work in
but at 60k KM, why the hell not? take care of it before things break

LHD and parts/repairs are why I'm hesitant

it's not THAT hard to work on dude. I've done plugs/oil/coolant and other things on my STi.

P I G F A T
I
G
F
A
T

Better off getting a well kept Bugeye WRX at that price range if you're into Subarus, or something else entirely

None of that is really working on it m8. That's just maintenance.

>maintenance is not working on a car

wew. I've also completely replaced the brakes, is that not working it? The only hard thing would be getting inside the engine because lol boxer, but it's not like doing that with a V or I configuration is that easy.

Completely replaced the brakes eh? New pads and rotors? Sounds like a lot of work.

and new lines and calipers. Im pretty much a mechanic okay?

The twin turbo models are just nasty cunts. Knowing how to do the brakes and change fluids is good but its not going to pass when it starts having real issues.

Boxers are a bitch to work on. Stuff is hard to get to. They don't make a good power return for the money you have to invest. They're incredibly unreliable under high boost/power. However, they handle wonderfully, they're smooth, and super fun to drive. They're a niche car, something you have to be dedicated to loving. Kinda like a rotary.
>pic is my box mobile

Surprisingly most people online say the Legacy Twin Turbo is actually very reliable. If you keep it stock anyway.

Motherfucker, I am trying to cop the EJ206/8 for my Outback. The only problem I'll run into is having to either reroute the turbo plumbing or go single turbo since the plumbing is for RHD.

The B4 RSK is my favorite Subaru. Buy that shit

There exists a magical black box, that about 15-20 vacuum lines go into. If you open that box up it's full of solenoids and various things. Fuck that shit. It's too complicated. He blew his up too.

Those people have not owned a twin turbo legacy for a long time ;)

How annoying is it to drive with the steering wheel on the right hand side? Do you get used to it pretty quickly?

in 5 minutes you get used to it

Get it open source tuned for the fuel local to you. That thing will eat itself alive on the stock tune.

The "valley of death" between the two turbos is not very bad on these later models and can be tuned out.

Dont turn the boost up. Just adjust the fueling and timing for the stuff you can get locally. Aside from the internals and a few other accessories alot of USDM parts will fit. just don't crash it. those body pieces are not cheap to get due to the different sized crash bars under the plastic bumper compared to the local shit version of this car we got. (canada)

Ya, the fuel tuning was something I was curious about. I live in the maritimes so the best I can get is 91. I know from the factory these things are tuned for 100 RON which I believe is about 94 octane.

If I choose to buy it then it will be my daily, that's why I'm trying to figure out how reliable it is if left stock and properly maintained (oil and all that).

Oil, make your own call. Lots of people run mobil1
amsoil, rotella t6, Motul. But for sure find someone that can get the car opensource tuned.
I know theres someone here in the prairies that does it but that doesn't help you lol.

Also you'd be surprised how canadian 91 compares to american 91. When tuning canadian 91 seems to have the same characteristics as 87 in the US.

Personally i run Rotella t6. My oil reports are good and clean though i run a short interval of only 4500kms using OEM filters, i buy em in a pack of 12 at the dealership. Got a 5%over cost there so why not.
Thats for my 09 Legacy GT

those seats give me boners

its RHD

I used to own a 2001 JDM legacy GT bilstein. It was averagely fast. It would never sit on 100km/h (it was always either speeding up or slowing down) the black box of vacuum lines was a mind fuck and eventually it cracked a head and I sold it for $1400. It did ride nicely and I like the factory variable exhaust they come out with. But it was never the super fast cheap shit box that I bought it expecting it to be.