Connecticunt thread

connecticunt thread

got here two months ago, got my car here over a month ago, there isn't shit to do here. nice curvy drives though. 860 reporting in. wondering if there's any car stuff going on around here

>wondering if there's any car stuff going on around here
You just missed the historic weekend at Lime Rock.

This Sunday is Caffeine and Carburetors.

fuck that's across connecticut. might check one out if it's big enough/worth going to. I like variety but beggars can't be choosers.

back home we had so many weekly meets that got pretty big plus car events and monthly meets that were just as big so ct is slackin

Im planning on going to the Caffeine and Carbs meet as well.

See u lads there.

Where are you guys from? Im in Milford.

don-t remember subscribing to this blog

West Hartford.

Hoping to get the fuck out of here though when I'm done with university.

I feel ya. Im saving up to move out to california.

I'm in groton for about a year for some schooling. wish I could go, but busy this weekend. went to boston last weekend and (north of) nyc weekend before that. absolutely nothing good to do within an hour of here lol

Torrington here. Honestly not much car shows from what i've seen and heard. Some big ones during the summer but no weekly stuff. There is a meet in West Hartford on the 11th though, i need to check again where it is but most likely the mall or somewhere around there

that sounds a bit more inviting. let me know the time and location if you find out user, might make the drive

Connecticut is the only place I've been flipped off for only doing 15 over the limit on the interstate. Literally if I drop below 20 over the limit, people get pissed. Even in the slow lane. What the fuck, guys, that shit don't fly anywhere else.

bruh you will be missing out on the caffeine and carburetors meet.

What city, i've never had that happen to me.

haha, would agree. I've driven a bit through mid/eastern CT and everyone always seems to be speeding. I've never seen so many speed traps either though so I'm always confused and stick to the limit especially bc I have texas plates

how big does it get? back home we had monthly coffee and cars meet. something about a nice cold day drinking coffee and looking at cars makes me hard

Enfieldfag, if you need your car fixed come here. That's literally all we have, auto part stores, service centers, and food
The next town over, Somers, has quite a few fun ass roads to drive down, and they don't really have a police force so you can go as fast as you want around there
There's a ton of car shows in the neighboring towns throughout the summer to go to though.

But all I can say is welcome to the state, enjoy your stay, and prepare for the shit show that we call "winter"

it getes fucking huge

pic related.

this is only one street. there are way more cars.

thanks m8! definitely will be checking some out as I'll still be here for the summer. and I've been getting mixed answers about the winter, planning on buying an awd beater for it. I don't want to get my car dirty, rusty or risk an accident since I haven't seen snow in over a decade in south texas lol

I'm from one of the top five largest cities in the use so not sure about "huge" but definitely will try to check it out! I'd enjoy the drive over

oh wow 860 actually exists on Veeky Forums, that's wild. any CT meets soon?

There was a couple of threads for a New England meet awhile ago and there was a decent amount of people from CT that were interested, but they bailed hard when the location was finalized to Worcester, MA.

I've been thinking of trying to see if they're still around by throwing up a thread, but I don't even know how much longer I'm going to be in CT.

>how big does it get?

As you see in the picture, the organizers even hang a huge banner way up in the air. So it seems the organizers and any businesses in the area want the event to be a regular big draw.