Houston meet thread

hwat
/hou/
night wave

whatever, someone is sure to post about the next meet and we will all agree on it

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15463224/#q15463224
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/#q15682555
groupme.com/join_group/23408529/tr6qiN
abc13.com/news/students-concerned-about-increased-crime-near-uh/1504487/
chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Two-Houston-neighborhoods-called-most-dangerous-4476367.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump for my niggas die for my niggas

/hou/ confirmed ded

I think they moved all their discussion off Veeky Forums and on to zello or whatever.

Is it because something happened at the last meet

Yes and no.

Participation was dropping compared to previous meets, though this was likely due to natural factors of people getting bored than any sort of problem. Last meet had a lot more bureaucracy than previous though, and it was difficult to get people to agree on a plan and stick to it. Didn't help that a group had met up three weeks in advance of a meet, planned out a bunch of details, and then another meet ran parallel to the first one.

I think the biggest problem was the formation of little cliques within the group, which caused it to veer off from being this sort of disorganized thing for anyone to a structured and planned periodic event with regulars who knew each other.

I think a monthly meet would be best.

they also have an instagram although they don't post any meet info on there

It stopped being fun.

/hou/

>F

Norcal has been going strong for over a year with meets every couple weeks and pretty much zero drama

Why are you Texas guys such fags?

Who knows? I personally think the overall cause is what said.

Two major parties vying for control weren't helping matters. Made it hard to figure out when events were and what was going on, you'd plan to show up one night and get told a few days before that it's actually this other night instead. Start times, start dates, planned routes, etc could never get finalized because someone would be upset they couldn't make it or thought a course was boring.

Looking back, instead of having the group decide on every detail, someone probably should've been elected every month to plan out everything and have final say. That way you don't try and please everyone every single month and have to accommodate all schedules and times. We'd have some people upset, but it would improve cohesion tenfold. I have a feeling a lot of the people who showed up to the first few meets didn't care about any of the minor details and instead just wanted a time and place to be, and when that's up in the air, no one wants to show up at an empty meet.

some one started to bitch about how we were having meets too often, minimeets, and "cock fondling sessions" I quote

Then people were saying meets should be a quarterly thing. "no"

there seems to be a large percentage of Veeky Forumstists that think a crew means "show up when you feel like it and sport a common sticker"

That group clashes with the more dedicated element of our crew. The true autists that wrenches, drives, eats sleeps and breathes autos.

I started to pour money into stickers and t shirts but that didn't really do anything for the group. It didn't pull in New members and in fact many/most members who sport the crest I purchased are MIA. Many thanks to those who paid me.

I like the groupme crowd, I trust them not to abandon the family so that's why I cut for those folks, as opposed to some meet thread randos who feel free to come and fall out of /hou/ as they please.

The last meet was a success, the real niggas came through at night. The main dividing factor held his own meet the next day which he himself did not even attend. I maintain we work off off consensus and not have any leadership to avoid this issue in the first place. His constant bitching and bickering and desire to start shit led to many member being soured on /hou/ and putting off like 90% of our prospects

I'm not gonna lie I don't like the next meet but I'm going to plan some festivities for after the import faceoff. I'm not opposed to us coming together as a group and throwing out the event and going to the drawing board and starting a meet from scratch

You seem to be the only bitter one here.

and it begins

>You seem to be the only bitter one here.

Another problem for Meet threads on Veeky Forums was that al=ph-on-s=e kept on attacking to push the Meet threads off. the page. When there were a lot of different meet threads going at the same time, it would be time for him to run his script to jam in a bunch of spam threads.

It used to be fun before some people started to want to do 5 hour cruises to buttfuck nowhere, yet i think most people just wanted to hang out and talk about cars.

also how do i join groupme, whats the code or whatever its called

You can look at other groups and see how their Meets go. One thing is not to let one toxic loudmouth try to wreck a Meet. You also have those people who have no intent on showing up, but who will loudly proclaim ideas. Meets are for those who are actually willing to show up. Meet plans should not be determined by people who use terms like "cock fondling" or "total shit". We've already seen such people enjoy trolling and derailing things and they'd like to ruin a Meet if possible so that others do not have fun at all.

The dedicated car autists who want to attend a Meet are the ones that should be supported. Others can choose to come or not to come. But they will miss out on any adventures the group has. You can mix your events to have driving, a destination, snack breaks, and even a visit to some place that is car-related. Or not. Look at how the /WA/ group seems to have Meets in the past Veeky Forums threads. It's basically once every two months or so. That gives time to plan, check out a route by pre-scouting it, and of course, enough time for advance notice.

Monthly meets are probably too often because of the time factor. First thing, you need to give at least two weeks or more notice. So right off the bat, if you have a monthly event, that is only 2 weeks after the prior meet to plan, check out any route, etc. Too fast a cycle. That 2 weeks means any new ideas have to be posted right away. Some people like to have a week cooldown after a prior Meet too because they do have busy lives.

N/o/rcal does well since people step up and step down over all the time they have been doing things. I think that is better than having some sort of formal elected group. Part of the "charm" (or uncharm as some might put it) is that there is some disorganization. A little roughness adds to the overall amusement as long as a route is not harmful or dangerous (no surprise mega-pothole routes to crack rims for example).

>His constant bitching and bickering and desire to start shit led to many member being soured on /hou/ and putting off like 90% of our prospects

He was there just to poison things. He didn't even attend the counter-event he created to draw off meet members from the original main Meet. Someone like that is just trolling to try to wreck things for schadenfreude.

S-stop fighting ;-;

No one is fighting here. We are only trying to figure out the past problems. Without common discussion, problems remain hidden and keep on being problems. In the case of trolls, they hate sunlight being shined on them.

I know, just Veeky Forums drama just boggles my fucking mind in the first place. All the Veeky Forums groups I was part of all devolved into one or two people starting shit and they ended up fracturing. The only group from this website I was part of that didn't fracture was the Space Coast Florida /k/ group.

I just want to enjoy myself and drive.

Part of the issue I saw was we had a constant thread up that was garnering attention, we had constant meets which may have worn people out, and of course the few cunts that wanted to start shit. I don't browse the NorCal threads, but the Washington meet seems to be a lot smaller as well.

Speaking of trolls, I think /hou/ was being invaded by shit stirrers on occasion as well. Discussion would veer wildly off at time compared to normal operations.

saw this today, jaguar xc 220

wow I wonder if the king ranch family owns it. If the owner isn't driving I'm sure they would love this cell phone jabbering driver.

Well since we agree that we shouldn't have a thread up all of the time, then this shall become the next meet thread.

>download groupme from app market
>look up "night.wave"

[spoiler]traps allowed[/spoiler]

I need to replace my tie rods now that the brakes are done, the one front drum that dragged and squeaked kept the vibration at 45-50 mph at bay.

At least there's some half-decent roads about 20 minutes away from me up here at college.

it was a rally, there was also a mclaren behind it and 2 ferraris. i didnt get a picture of them but i think he was on the phone with one of them

Scenery isn't too bad either.

>Washington meet seems to be a lot smaller as well.
As for /WA/ in terms of posting on Veeky Forums before the Meet, there have been gradually fewer and fewer posts because everyone went to KIK to do the preplanning or comments there. Or they have each other's cell numbers now the ones that were willing to not be wholly anonymous.

For the most recent /wa/ Meet that finished a short time ago, there were three or so threads. Two of them managed to get longer but alphonse killed them both like the others.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15463224/#q15463224

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15682555/#q15682555

Multiple /wa/ Meeters have gopro that they record the travels. So it's not like people on KIK get left out if they want to ask for some photos if they missed taking any. Even at the restaurant at the August Meet, people exchanged images across smartphones.

The next meet is the Import Faceoff on the 18th, Sunday. Gonna get our cars lined up, ready to go in the morning and represent ourselves to Houston. About 3,000 people are gonna be there, so it's a good chance to expand Night Wave. Some of us won't be able to make it in the morning, so we will do a run after the show ends, we'll see what to do but we will definitely check out the Washburn Tunnel since it's only 10 minutes away from that place. Will go into more detail perhaps on the next thread.

worst highway? worst section?

my vote is for 610 N/S around galleria

pure hell

Really hope the October meet is back to tougay fashion. Those seemed to attract the most people. By then I should have a new sway bar and tyres

youve never driven on 290

Let's not have any toegay road that makes us need a new alignment job. It's better to academically think of a road as being bad instead of going out to prove it first hand.

getting robbed is part of the UH experience imo

abc13.com/news/students-concerned-about-increased-crime-near-uh/1504487/

>getting robbed is part of the UH experience imo
What would Ward 3 think about a stream of /hou/ cars cruising thru?

someone would get shot

speaking of which didn't one of us shoot a hobo?

What's this supposed to mean?

Doing miles of rough roads full of heaved up sections of cracked asphalt mixed with potholes can throw a car out of alignment. The same with poorly maintained washboard roads.

Basically, don't drive on pointless roads just to be on them.

Yes, I was attending UH when it happened. I remember my calculus teacher saying "come for the education, stay because you're dead."

They used to send out emails to students of crimes that happened on campus too. My favorite one was when a male student was at a party and passed out after getting high or drunk, I can't remember. When he came to, he went to the police because he had "severe anal discomfort" and believed he was raped. There was never a follow up email so I guess they never found out what happened.

>severe anal discomfort

topkek

>There was never a follow up email so I guess they never found out what happened.

Probably because the police didn't want to "explore" the scene of crime to determine what happened.

Quoted news article from May 1, 2013:
"The sixth-most dangerous neighborhood in America is Sunnyside, a historically black community located off Texas 288 south of downtown Houston. The violent crime rate (per 1,000) is reported as 91.27, and residents have a 1 in 11 chance of becoming a victim of crime in one year." Besides Sunnyside ranked 6th in FBI data, the Third Ward is ranked 15th. The University of Houston is located near the third ward and thus became a crime target. chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Two-Houston-neighborhoods-called-most-dangerous-4476367.php

anyone know where I can get some carne asada fries ?

>anyone know where I can get some carne asada fries ?

You're obviously not a /hou/ Meet regular!

TELL ME WHERE

it's the freaking weekend maybe i'mma bought to have me some fun

West loop and 290 are atrocious. 45 north can be just as bad at times. 1960 is a shitshow. There was a stoplight out there yesterday and it took me over an hour to drive two miles.

Just go to the Meet and find out. People do eat out casually before or after the Meet you know.

And if there are three or four of you who want carne asada fries, it's better to order one at a time and split the bill for the first one. That way the fries are still sort of crisp by the time everyone finishes eating the split up portion. We then order the 2nd carne asada fries and split it. We are then pretty full. And we didn't waste it by having a ton of leftovers to throw away.

Kill me

Sure...but why

>The next meet is the Import Faceoff on the 18th, Sunday. Gonna get our cars lined up, ready to go in the morning and represent ourselves to Houston.

Discussions outside of alphonse's ability to kill threads uses the GroupMe app that works with Skype.

>I'm going to plan some festivities for after the import faceoff. I'm not opposed to us coming together as a group and throwing out the event and going to the drawing board and starting a meet from scratch

What about some attendees ending the Meet at one of those food trucks with our version of Night Wave TexMex Dim Sum? Just have a few people agree to split the order cost (and someone bring some paper plates). We order a few items and then split them up especially since there's no need to gorge on one big item. For example, four people order together:
a. Carne Asada Fries
b. Asada Soft Tacos (usually a plate with of 4 or 5)
c. Quesadillas
d. Something else

The four people then split up the above and it becomes the "dim sum" meal where everyone gets a taste of everything without the need to gorge on just one item. If the idea works out, then more people can join in if it gets streamlined and people stop being "gruff" with other Veeky Forums anons. Not everyone needs to "raise shields" and remain a loner all the time especially at a Meet.

lonely racers bruh

>What about some attendees ending the Meet at one of those food trucks with our version of Night Wave TexMex Dim Sum?

Well it actually be great if all the attendees did that after the import face off it would give us all time to assemble and get all of our membership together so we can roll out to Washburn tunnel and then onward North to a tougay of our liking. We can take our time because from 6 o clock two hours of day light remain.