Post your 4x4's

Post your 4x4's

Dream truck

She's an old gal.

Just started it and took it out of my garage today after sitting sense April.

Getting it ready for winter today

2000 4.0L SOHC

Never left my walking or stuck once though.

Do you ever fear steep hills with a sharp edge at the top? I'd always be afraid of finding one of those and not being able to get past without bottoming out

It's pretty well tucked up underneath so anything I'm willing to drag it down doesn't have breakovers that I'm too worried about.
I keep my hard wheeling to bikes anyways

Alrigjt pavement queens. Tell me why pic related is terrible and i shouldn't save my sheckles for a new diesel one.

Mmm that's a clean WJ

Nice

I'd buy one, maybe rhino line it. I'd still rather rock a offroad van

Why stop there user? Make a play date with /out/ and /k/

Nice

is that a gazelle?

I had the three part toy version of that rig when I was a kid, made me love offroad vans. This is my dream right here, I'd add solar panels and a swing away grill and I'm set.

The tactical rape van. I like it

Take out the windows though so no witnesses

It's the south african special, I like toyota's take on it.

Some jackass hit my truck with a shopping cart the other day.

what an inconsiderate fuck

If if comes out in NA with the diesel option I'm trading in my JK Sport for a Rubicon trim truck.

Are you Dylan Noble?

No

My baby

Nice is the 3inch or 4 inch? what size tires?

It's not mine, but I went beach driving for the first time last week. Enjoyed it alot more than I thought I would, wasn't expecting it to drift and slide around so much on the sand.

that is nice. you got manual on that?

I love that paint on the taco, but the tundras look like shit with it.

Unfortunatly no its an auto.
Thanks man its been fun so far

Where is that picture at ?

>that custom license plate

sup /k/omrade

I'm extremely jealous of your battle buggy

need that just to get through joburg

Moab Utah Gemini Bridges

Thanks
Its been amazing
> need a pkm mount in the bed tho

my daily

>AWD

What motor ?
I have one in single cab 4x4 with the 4.0 dohc

ayyy

Wow 2 other 3rd gen tacos, I'm surprised...

I've got a gen 3 SR Utility package, 4x2 though because I never need it for the "offroading" I do, which is basically grassy fields & gravel that any econo shitbox can do.

Spent the money I saved on more dirtbikes. Shrug.

My YJ

>Toyota's take on it

Muh Durrrdge......

Irvine?

I've come to the conclusion that my moms WK is subjectively my favorite vehicle I have extensive driving experience with. However, hers is low milage. Would it be a mistake to consider buying one in the future? Are they notorious for any specific design flaws, or can the feasibly reach high milage?

Also wondering the same questions as above but towards the SRT8 version, having my beloved WK in a 6.1 makes me quiver.

Depends on what you want it for. Overall the GCs newer than ZJ are pretty junk.

SRT8 is pretty cool though if you have way too much money

I intend my very basic garage to consist of an suv and a sports oriented bike, so majority of the GC's role would be either slight to moderate offroading (colorado mountains), hauling multiple people and/or bulky goods over asphalt, or long distance travel. I'm not gonna lift it for any real crawling but I wont baby it over gravel and scree either. I've never lost confidence during inclement weather while driving the WK, so any rain or snow conditions would be tackled by the jeep as well. I speed a lot, the 3.7 WK with which I have experience is frequently pushed to max speed (~114 on a steep downhill) and often takes extended highway cruises at 80-100mph.

Another factor is that I'm in love with the interior design on the '08 laredo, not too high tech but also not excessively simple. I love the analog knobs for climate systems, but also a straight forward no-nonsense touchscreen GPS console for nav and non-syncing USB/3.5mm inputs for entertainment. Despite the creature comforts I don't feel like it's an interior I have to coddle. IMO that year and trim struck the perfect balance.

Basically my end use would be that of a soccer mom, but one who drives fast and gets real wet driving fast over gravel/dirt.

My other alternative was a 97-99 XJ 4.0 but that vehicle is far less efficient, far less comfortable, and far less sporty. My main attraction to the XJ is how easy it'd be for me to wrench on it and the reputation for high-mileage longevity.

Water actually made it inside the cabin that day, was a proud day.

Im thinking about checking out this 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 for sale.

>$3500 obo
>237k miles
>manual
>grey cloth interior
>a bit of rust (will post pics)

Should i even bother looking at it?

>Basically my end use would be that of a soccer mom, but one who drives fast and gets real wet driving fast over gravel/dirt.
Buy a Subaru WRX or similar

For that price, I personally wouldn't bother. People seem to thing a toyota badge slapped onto a high mileage car merits a higher price.

I replaced a motor in a later 80's cruiser with something like 250k on the clock, and just....nothing aged well around it.

But if you're curious to check it out, make sure you look underneath. Frame, shackles, the usual, and see what the rust looks like there.

>Rusty Land Cruiser
>$3500
No

so even if I could get it for 2k or even less it wouldnt be worth it?

I don't need a 4x4

cuck

The 4x4 doesn't work but it still has a 4x4 dial

looked like a limousine at first desu
ridiculous

Same, 4.0L
old pic, but just rolled over 260k miles

Dam mine misfireing cylinder 2 at 135,000. Changing the injectors today actually. Its good to see that motor can make it that long .

Who else drives the 1992 Geo Tracker, the official car of Veeky Forums?

>tfw pajero radiator cracked

It's getting fixed rn and I already miss muh baby

>Only one other XJ
Cmon
Pic is my other pansy ass friends' cars before a rain came in, they thought it might hail

doggo coming up next

full time 4wd, Hi and Low select lever, 6k lb tow, muh v8, transfer case lock, rear lsd and a comfy ass ride.

yeah man

It will be mine some day

Looking at one of these tomorrow, but hoping to hang onto my 4Runner as well. 2 Toyota 4wds seems kind of redundant, but I want to turn the 3rd gen into a bit more of a capable offroader, and keep the GX as a comfy dd/road trip vehicle.

BTW no rear LSD on the GX, it's a Torsen diff in the middle, ie shuttle more power front/rear in response to slip at the opposite end of the vehicle.

It'll rarely touch grass.

More like this

why tho? they're the worst in class for offroad performance.

My grandparents use one of these for ranch work and whatnot.

And yes, a lot of that involves off-road work.

goddamn that is nice

Thanks im definitely enjoying it. Its everything i want and need in a 4x4 camping rig atm.

2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 camper and 1981 Toyota Hilux, both 4x4

2nd Jeep
05 Rocky Mountain Edition

Enjoy those bfgs before they chunk apart on the gravel. Very nice truck though.

Sup Tacoma bros, every time I drive up to one it feels so big compared to my Hilux, how do y9u even reverse park those rigs? I have enough trouble in this thing

No idea what they'd typically be worth in your specific market, but the rust in the body wouldn't turn me away. Just inspect the chassis real good, particularly around suspension hangers and shackle mounts, and spots that are likely to trap dirt, water and salt within the boxed frame.
Looks good. Don't think our doggo would fit behind the third row seats in the NL though...

i drive a shitty cargo van for a living. i have to back it into all kinds of tight spaces. honestly the taco feels maneuverable as fuck in comparison. that and mine came with all the options, so it has the rear sonar and backup cam

Going by what exactly?

well, for starters, one of the test vehicles had an airbag go off while doing 7mph on a gravel road. it also has worst in class approach angle with or without the air dam. its shit m8, even the old ass frontier design beats it outright in stock capability. the only thing gm has going for it is the diesel, but that doesnt really make a difference in an offroad rig

>one of the test vehicles had an airbag go off while doing 7mph on a gravel road.
That's a problem I've never heard about in any of the production models elsewhere in the world.
>it also has worst in class approach angle with or without the air dam
If something as superficial as a factory airdam is what's stopping you from heading wayward, perhaps offroading isn't for you.

I can first hand account that the Colorados and D-Max derivatives are fantastic offroad workhorses.

you've done literally nothing to refute my claims. the fact of the matter is it has worst in class offroad performance out of the box. you shouldnt have to pour money into a custom bumper so you can go down a logging road.

literally any vehicle can be an offroad beast if you put money into it

>you've done literally nothing to refute my claims
You've done nothing to instate them.
>the fact of the matter is it has worst in class offroad performance out of the box.
citation needed.
>you shouldnt have to pour money into a custom bumper so you can go down a logging road
I don't, but I know how to drive. You on the other hand...
>literally any vehicle can be an offroad beast if you put money into it
Sure, but some are out of the box, barring maybe some superficial body parts. Seems to be the only measure you claim "it's worse out of the box" is due to some approach angles on paper, like a true armchair offroader.