/tfg/ - Truckerfag Thread

HAMMER DOWN EDITION
>Obtaining a CDL: How do?
Community College or a dedicating truck driving school. Do your research and don't get sucked into a "school" that's actually just a meat grinder for a shit company. Do not pay over $5000 for a course that lasts several months.
>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
Here are some decent/good companies:
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH
If you don't see the company you're looking at included on this list, lurk moar.

>I could totally go to school but I'd rather be a trucker.
If you think you'll love the lifestyle, maybe. You'd be better off getting a """""real""""" job. You can fall back on trucking at any time, but it is essentially a path of decent money for those that fail at everything else.
You can have good business sense and work ethic and make it big as an owner operator, but you would do even better at any other job.

Obligatory meme section
-----
>You will get fat.
>The only clothing you'll own are pajamas.
>The only reason you get paid well is because you work 70 hours per week.
>The longest relationship you'll get is 15 minutes with a lizard.
>Eating nothing is better than roller dogs.
>You have the most dangerous job in the nation.
>The D.O.T., Police, and Le'dash-uh in receiving hate you, and will harass you every chance they get.
>Other drivers hate you.
>Your job will be obsolete once self-driving trucks become available.
>Your loved ones miss you.
>If you don't change careers you will forever be considered a cuck and a homo. Especially if you cuckbox with another fag driver.
>lol 'murrica
>lol yurop

>4 4 K E K S
>4
>K
>E
>K
>S

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2016/09/08/transportation-planes-trains-and-trucks-point-to-economic-downturn.html
youtube.com/watch?v=RUZrNnJ5ScE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

44TONNES
T
O
N
N
E
S

I like trucks.

So is the trucking industry recovering yet?

Eurofag here driving 25m long full trailer combination. Picture semi related. I don't know what to tell but you can ask me and I will try and answer.

Nice doubles.

>Non truckerfag here

How do you deal with cities? Or are 2+ trailers for exclusively areas outside of cities? How do you reverse with 2+ trailers (besides perfectly straight)?

Can you even reverse that thing up to a dock?

From what I read the other day, the Panama Canal expansion is competing with you guys shipping stuff cross-country.

Actually realized your pic was different than I thought. It's not 2 separate trailers

Oh fuck it's actually a D combo. Should've opened the picture first

Cities are designed to be drived in with these so you will fit around intersections and tight corners. There are also areas where vehicles this long can't enter. It's pretty rare that I have to drive in the city center since terminals are mostly on outskirts of towns.

The reversing takes practice but it's not that hard after that. There are some tight places but mostly places are designed to be accessible with these kind of combinations.

>How do you reverse with 2+ trailers?
You don't.

And yeah, those Yuro trucks are like a straight truck with a trailer attached. Looks like a bitch to drive. Turning radius of a straight truck (which is fucking horrible) and the trailing of the rear wheels.

I can't stand straight trucks. Once in a blue moon I will be in one of our International 10-bays and I try to make U-turns I can easily do with a 46' trailer but end up making 3-point turns in the middle of an intersection.

I reverse my 2 trailers erryday nigga. Although they are shorter than a 2 53' combination... It's really not that complicated, just involves a lot of preemptive turning and guessing where your trailers are actually going to go.

The turning radius is not that bad as you would imagine. The wheelbase is quite short. Of course it's longer than in euro semis but about the same or shorter as us semis.
I usually have two trailers. A semi and a dolly underneath it. And it's totally reversable with training. Even in corners and trough narrow gates.

Looks like I'm swinging 3 stops a day all 4 days this week. Starting tomorrow at 6am to make sure I have time for everyone's fuck ups.

I call the rectangular rear view mirrors "west coast mirrors" because they were required by regulation first on the west coast, so only drivers that went to the west coast hat the fuckhueg mirrors that are standard today.

Nope. Worst it's been since 2008. Might start ticking back up Q1 next year after the Q4 rush crash ends.

Most cross country freight is intermodal, and travels by rail. It's ending the decade long rail boom.

Why do truckers feel its okay to stop in the middle of busy streets and unload wherever they please? Seriously is this something they teach you guys or what? Just stop wherever is easiest and just throw your hazards on and unload?

So do we have the story behind the OP pic?

Guy's tandems weren't sliding so he pay the hammer down with the trailer brake on. Pulled the trailer clean off, flipped the tandem chassis in the process.

Where else do you suggest they park? When I drove a box truck my boss said drive around the block twice, if you can't find a spot and you're gonna be quick double park and if you get a ticket I'll pay it.
Forgot my name

It's usually only done when it's the only option.

When drivers forget to lock their tandems thrill eventually hit the brakes hard enough to get the tandems off the trailer. I've seen them get up to a half mile past the trailer dragging ass on the interstate.

>Where else do you suggest they park
Off on the side of the road, not in the middle of a super busy 2 lane road, like common sense would dictate.

You mean blocking a traffic lane rather than the turn lane?

Nope, blocking the main lane of traffic to unload a gradall. Foprcing people to go around into oncoming traffic. When the dude had a shoulder about 30 feet up the road.

Look at this lazy fuck. Look at him and laugh.

I don't know how things got that bad when the economy is supposedly growing.

>I don't know how things got that bad when the economy is supposedly growing.
It isn't it. Recession incoming in the next year or so. For anyone that's looking to buy a home right now it's better to hold on to your money. And if you want to sell do it soon.

cnbc.com/2016/09/08/transportation-planes-trains-and-trucks-point-to-economic-downturn.html

Don't you love the smell of hot piss emanating off an even hotter pavement in the summer.

It's the smell of trucking.

Fuck no, that smell pisses me off 11/10 would rage again.

You might be in the wrong biz, cuz.

guys help i can't stop grinding the shit out of the clutch give tips pls

Use the clutch brake.

Long Haul Drone Trucking.

1 driver in the truck. When he hits his mandated rest time. Someone in a central locations drives his truck by remote. While the driver sleeps.

If we can fly an airplane in Afghanistan, from Nevada. Then we can have someone in Arkansas drive a truck in Wyoming.

Grinding it when?
If it's when you're putting it into gear while at a dead stop, you need to completely floor the clutch pedal to engage clutch brake.
If it's grinding just when you're changing gears while rolling down the road, don't put the pedal down so far, you're hitting the clutch brake - it's only needed when at a full stop.
What is latency?

Except for the fact that 364 days of the year, deer don't fly.

I'm completely new to driving with a clutch of any sort period, i'm okay with the clutch brake when idle but getting it into any gear at all(my instructor started me out trying to go from 4th to 5th) i just end up grinding the shit out of the clutch and i freeze up then my instructor pushes it into gear for me ;_;

are there any good videos for me to learn from at all? my access to trucks is limited for now so i can't practice much...

>grinding the shit out of the clutch

It's the cogs inside the gearbox grinding.

Watch this vid, it may help you understand how to shift.
youtube.com/watch?v=RUZrNnJ5ScE

t. Eaton Fuller shill.

>yfw this guy drives this everyday

You guys ever gotten in a fist fight over work? I had a driver from a different division of our company get out if his truck and try to throw hands because I was delivering on "his" route. Lmao

why do you truckers never maintain your shit? every delivery we got to my work the trailer tires would be bald,the truck tires would be bald, or there was enough rust on the trailer for a catastrophic accident just waiting to happen.

why do you assholes give so little shits about putting people's lives in danger?
i just had a friend who rides motorcycles get flipped off his bike on the highway because he hit a chunk of truck tire in the road.
you cucks should lose your liscense if you're found to be at fault of an accident and in cases like my friend, arrested for negligence.

ok

Pickup your retread, retard.

Me.

>economy is supposedly growing
Yeah, that's a myth. The USA is heading for a recession again, as well as the EU.

Meanwhile, britain has hit 3% growth since telling the EU to get stuffed. Guess we didn't need their poor asses.

1.usually not our trailer,all we can do is report it
i brought one in with 3 bald tires and sais as much
2.guy who owns said trailer isnt going to spend the money to fix it till it breaks
mechanic said it was "technically legal"
3. when it breaks it will get the bare minimum fix to make it legal.

as for the tire, we do pick it up(least i do) unless its unsafe. im not going to walts out into a 4 lane highway for a chunk of rubber the size of a 50. cent coin. ill tell you the same shit they tell us. be vigilant

>thinking the recession actually ended

why not have someone drive it remotely 100% of the time?

Someone's gotta back it into spaces, and guard the keys.

Why have someone remoting it, though, when it's entirely possible for them to self-guide?

I saw one doing that, when there was a parking spot like, 300 meters away, and a toilet right next to it.

...is that a snorkel?

I didn't even notice that. Looks to be!

LOL I know this guy he's from long island

Pu… put a fifth wheel on it.

Are those moths in the radiator?

Why is the outer lane so unpopular.

Th-that couldn't possibly be legal c-could it?

Checked
Also would love to see that and this beast in the flesh

Not sure if you're serious and some city planner was dumb enough to paint a lane divider line solid white, or if you're being sarcastic and that's just folks driving on the shoulder.
Have you ever seen the Red Giant?
fukken sik

>dumb enough to paint a lane divider line solid white

It's solid white because it's dividing the turn-only lanes from a straight-only lane. You're not supposed to change lanes after the line goes from dashed to solid. Very common pavement striping out here on the west coast.

I think he's complaining about the spread of cars between the two left turn lanes; two lanes to turn left but everyone is trying to pile into only one of them. The guys in the two crossovers are so hellbent on having the inside lane through the intersection that they're blocking access to the outside lane.

I see this behavior all the time.

someone has to put fuel into it, make sure the cargo is properly handled, do the driving when the link is down or the AI can't figure something out.

Who #refusingloads here?

>14 hours is up at midnight
>my next preplan has me doing a 1:00 appointment
>tell them I'm out of hours I can't do that shit
>they tell me hurry up and get there early before my 14 runs out
>I tell them to go fuck themselves, I'm not waiting for them to take 6 hours unloading me at 1 a.m. well after my 14 is up
>"but user, they allow overnight parking! You can start your 10 when they're done and go home after!"
>'no'

Am I getting fired?

no. its illegal to send you anywhere with insufficient hours to be able to leave again they fire you for it ontop of that its a nice lawsuit.

Even if they allow overnight?

you have to have enough hours for the duration of the unload.period. you are SUPPOSED to be on duty while they unload/load you. even if you're sitting on your ass in the front seat. it matters not that they let you sleep there.
keep in mind they'll passive aggressive your ass if you refuse so be prepared for that.

Can't you legally be on duty after your 14 is up as long as you don't drive until you take a 10 hour reset?

What's a better truck, a newer International ProStar or a Freightliner Cascadia?

the extent of it is paperwork and a post trip inspection. nothing involving the truck moving or customer product, and yes ten hours from when you stop being on duty.whenever that ends up being. the short of it is this. the driver has the final say. if he doesn't want to he doesn't have to. ive had this bullshit put on me a few times
>but gordo, you're allowed to park overnight!
bullshit im sleeping here ill be there in the morning.
>show up in the morning ask if they allow overnights
answer is usually "the fuck are you talking about? no one has been allowed to stay overnight in years."
course ive also been to places where there's no way in hell i should be allowed to stay and they've been super excited to let me.
hell, two of them even got me dinner.

Driven both, pros and cons. As far as storage, amenities, comfort, and driver friendliness are concerned I actually prefer the Prolapse. I could make a list of about 20 small reasons why it has a better design but I'm lazy right now. That being said, if I were to buy or lease one of the two I'd probably go with the Asscadia. Just because it seems more durable and has a better track record for reliability.

Throwing down on a chick? OOSH

Tell your dumb fuck friend to watch where he's driving, especially on a motorbike. What an idiot.

>my friend was zoning out while driving his suicidemobile and hit a small obstacle that a vehicle that size should have had no problem avoiding
>REEEEEEEEEE

So, you're saying there's a market for a company that makes trucks with a euro-spec interior but a decent engine and transmission?

Should be simple enough to do for small-scale production. Buy glider kits of driver-friendly trucks, install reliable mechanicals, sell at a markup.

every pic in this thread is semi related

-hey guys,did I do it right?-

Why is the thread so SLOW?!

REEEEEEEE

>tfw Saturday

So just had some people come check out the house. I guess it was the realtor, some lady and her daughter. I thought it was 3 college or grad students since they all looked like 20s to maybe 30 years old and were fine as fuck. If they buy this house, I might just stay here with them.

Wanted to get a creepshot but couldn't do it without being awkward.

Are you fucking black or not? I still can't tell if it's true or an elaborate ruse.

>tfw we're all pink on the inside
Except black chicks kinda have those purple pussy lips

you would know because you're an ebony-loving degenerate.

my guess is that he's a half-breed mulatto

What are the 12v ports to charge shit rated at in trucks? Do they max out at 150w like cars?

If pepsi's not black, he's transnigger in his soul.

Most trucks have 4-12 sockets in various places. The ones in the dash can usually go up to 400w.

What the fuck is wrong with that Babybel?

It was found in the pocket of a jacket that hadn't been worn in 5 years.

Generally yes. I'm only aware of two sockets in Cascadias that have 20 amp fuses instead of 10, meaning those two sockets can do 240 watts.
That honestly made me retch.
>The Newports
Kek.
Friends think I'm weird cause my daily carry includes a New 3DS XL and sometimes a Vita too. It would suck if I got mugged.

What did they mean by this?

>what's the difference between a black man and a large pizza

So those ones in the bunk area can only do 120w?

Who here blazing it on this beautiful afternoon

so were doing an edc now? well allright..

I can run a 150w inverter on them but I probably am not maxing it out, so that sounds right.

I smoke every day, but I don't feel the need to announce it like it's anything out of the ordinary. I also had a few cigarettes this afternoon, and took a shit.

A black man doesn't scream while he's feeding his family of 4 in the oven?

Me.

Yep that's the intake placement on Pete 320s

>International key

I hope it's not a ProStar.

u know it is son

It's not a MaxxForce engine, I hope.

Also
>ATS ProStar mod.
Where do I get it?

Any local flatbed/tanker companies I should look at in central florida? I wanna switch ot O/O eventually, but don't have the up front just yet.

I wanna get off this OTR ride....

>Central Florida
Move to another state if you wanna trugg

I wanna, but I can't afford to just yet. And I know there are options down here.