Find me a better hot hatch than this masterpiece

Find me a better hot hatch than this masterpiece.
Protip: Don't bother.

>haldex

woah, This must be something we don't get in the states. What are the specs on it?

As far as cool hot hatches I'm pretty sure the 135i/m hatches are pretty tough to beat.

Im one of those people that hate european cars with a passion, but qt A1 gets my seal of approval

300 horsepower rwd hot hatch would like a word with you.

Too easy

Isn't this just a more expensive, better looking, less powerful Golf R?

It's also one size smaller. The S1 is built on Polo underpinnings, the Golf R equivalent is the S3.

It'll have to catch it first :^)

Well to start, only like 300 of them were made.

/thread

What the fuck is a hot hatch.

We barred them from using the term "sports car" because its not one. So they made up their own fruity name

/Thread

Sounds like a nu male way of talking about 3dr hatches.

mk2 golf gti
205 t16
ef9 sir

Dredful car, only americunts who haven't driven it can say it's good. Proves again most americunts have different imho worse expectations for a cars than picky Europeans.
>pic related

They look nice af, I've considered buying one.. If only I wasn't a poorfag

>205 t16
>hot hatch

It's been a common term in the UK for like 30 years, we just haven't heard it much in America because we've hardly ever gotten any of the cars that qualify.

>50000€

Nah, ill pass. The BMW M140i xDrive with DSG is much better. And costs less.

Why can't I buy or import either of these as a burger?

because your country is shit

Admittedly our car regulations are garbage, yeah.

I guess this would qualifiy. I'd love to get one of these here in the UK.

a fwd talbot sunbeam?

I can only imagine how much of a bitch that thing would be to keep running over there, though.

We've actually had a decent number of hot hatch-type cars in the US, especially '80s and '90s Japanese ones, but nowhere close to what the UK has always had. I've been reading British car mags since I was a kid in the '90s and all the Fords and Peugeots and shit gave me such a "grass is greener" complex that I immediately bought a Fiesta ST when they came out there, just because it was the first small hot hatch to make it to the US in my adult lifetime without being totally gimped.

Pretty much. Have you seen the price for a lotus sunbeam though?

What mags did you read?

Mens World, Razzle, Asian Babes

Softcore shite.

Evo (originally Performance Car) and Top Gear, mostly, and then Octane once it started running.

Not bad.

apologize

>Not Max Power

A1 =/= A2

What am I looking at here

I remember picking up a few issues when I was young, but in general I was more interested in supercars and stuff like that, didn't get into "tuner" cars until my late teens and Max Power was too ricey for me even when I was driving around in an S14 with a fuckhuge GT wing and a straightpipe.

Yeah it really started to go downhill around about 1999

The washer fluid fill port and dipstick of pic related. I don't even think you can open the hood.

Max power came out in 93, the first few years were great. Eventually it was just corsas and saxos in body kits.

You can. There's 2 releases and the whole lot comes off, it's only plastic iirc so it's pretty light.

Ah, so it doesn't really open so much as it just comes off.

Rumors were that it was sealed shut because "just take it to the dealership if something goes wrong".

Yeah, I think it was in the bodykit stage when I read it. I can vividly remember paging through it in the bookstore I used to go to in the late '90s/early '00s and thinking the cars were pretty lame, and know I bought an issue once or twice, but I can't remember exactly when it would've been. Probably late middle school or early high school, since that's when I really got back into cars, which would've made it 99-01 or so.

Tbh most owners wouldn't even bother to open the flap to check the levels. It used to be proper cars with decent engine builds but it then it became all show and no go, I saw an ad for street machine mag in there and switched to liking hot rods/customs for a while.