Insurance

I have a 1988 Mazda B2200. My friend whom lives less than 2 miles away has the same exact truck, except his is a standard shift. He pays $120 a month with Gieco, while I pay $215 a month with USAA. Why in the fuck is mine so much higher than his? Is there any way I can make my shit come anywhere close to his? Switching to Gieco isn't an option either.

>$215 a month with USAA
You have full coverage with a $500 deductible.

Not bad dude

>implying I have full coverage
No, I have liability and that is it. Plus I have a $1000 deductible.

Oh God

Then you either have multiple claims or you're on the same account as someone who does. You might want to consider going it alone.

This has to be a troll. I pay $100 a month at 22 for a financed 2016 Fusion through State Farm full coverage

Three options:
>He's lying
>He's misinformed (actually has full coverage, $215 is his 6 month premium, etc)
>His parents/siblings have been in multiple at-fault accidents within the last 10 years

My mom got T boned by a minivan about 2 years ago now. She had the green.

You need to leave, underage

You are trying to compare separate companies. And even though you are in close proximity one of you may be considered in a different city/countty etc. Like others have said past claims/driving history makes a differnce. Also trim/safety features, your age, how much you drive, if you are in school, etc etc all effect the rate. Whatever is going on you need to talk to your agent and/or shop around. I pay ~$100/month for 3 cars and a life insurance policy with State Farm

>I pay ~$100/month for 3 cars and a life insurance policy with State Farm

you probably also live in east bumfuck, egypt with a population of 8 people, including the sister you fucked and your 4 kids

Holy fuck. I have a 1992 B2600i and i pay about $9 a month.
Yes nine dollars
>b2200
>short cab
>white
Im jelly, but only if its fuel injected

My first car was a 1990 probe gt. I wouldve loved to swap the 2.2 turbo into the b2200. I know some one did it once it was bad ass.

Tons of people do it. What they dont know is there is a V6 that fits directly, as well as miata engines, and rotaries.

Is it the v6 out of the 626? Also rotary trucks are cool.

The single cam from the MPV. Not sure if its the same as the 626. But the mpv is already set up for RWD.
My dream is a carb'd 13B mazda pickup.
Imagine how empty the engine bay would be.
Also i wouldnt lower it at all. If anything i would lift it an inch or two with some bigger tires

Pic related. Maybe a little less tire. These are 31s

Either way, both of you are paying way too much. I pay 70 a month for my 04 Silverado full coverage, and I'm 22 with a couple of accidents (none were my fault)

Oh my god is paying north of 200 bucks a MONTH for 1988 car a thing in USA?

Hoooolyy shit hahaha. I pay 130 euros a YEAR.

I have usaa and pay 240 for full coverage, 5 hunnid deductible i think

I somehow pay $300 a month for full coverage on a 2006 Civic Si in Colorado Springs.

What the fuck.

Dude, I litteraly have a speeding ticket an an accident of fault within the past year, practically no long term record with an insurance company, am getting full coverage on a vehicle with a 500 deductible, and was qouted at $120 a month with Geico. You are just being assraped by your insurer and need to switch asap.

Same guy as You are paying what I, again with my abysmal record (another note I am male and under 25), for what I was qouted at for leasing a new ~$20k 2016 vehicle.

You need to shop around abit more.

>I have a 1988 Mazda B2200
>$215 a month with USAA
>My friend pays $120/month with Geico

Your policy is too high for an old car whose value they will total out anyways. USAA has all those patriotic radio advertisements talking about how people never switch once they come to USAA or how people treat it like an inheritance and families continue getting USAA generation after generation.

Your insurance rate is also subject to your credit rating and other factors that make you the person different from your friend. His policy might also have a group policy reduction due to getting home insurance. My insurance company discounts my auto policy since I also insure my home thru them. If your credit score is not so hot, consider getting a credit card but treat it like a debit card and immediately pay off all balances. Many banks let you transfer money at the ATM from your checking into your credit card account thus paying off the credit card balance. My credit union does that and I can do that with home banking access too. Regular payments on low level CC balances can give you about 70 positive points on your score after six months. That will help prevent further increases.

Anyways, State Farm is one of the better companies if you stay with them 3 years due to them stacking on discount after discount if you are accident free year after year. It's pretty substantial.

In comparison to you, I have a new 2016 $33K car and it costs $130 per month from Progressive. I live in a bad zip code area so my rate is already high at $130. So your rate for an old car is a real rip off unless you have a felon criminal record, a pile of accidents, and if you have DUI and speeding in school zone tickets, well, those all boost your rates.

Since you state you cannot switch from using USAA, that means there are others on your policy with bad driving records or bad credit history.

This is now a Mazda truck Thread