That Guy

>Passing in left lane on the interstate
>There's traffic in front of me in the left lane so I can't pass as fast as I would normally and get back over to the right lane
>Driver behind me rides my ass, then swerves into the right lane, cutting off the person in that lane, guns it, then cuts me off as he swerves back into the left lane
>mfw people think you're just sitting in the left lane and not trying to pass because you're not 5 feet off the bumper of the car in front of you at 75 mph and they take it as an invitation to cut you off

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/BerlinTomek
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That shit pisses me off so much. It's the same mentality as when I'm trying to time a red light so I let off the gas and slow down only to watch the idiot behind me take the left lane, speed up, get back into my lane, and stop at the light so I have to take the left lane when it turns green to keep my momentum.

>this shit happens
>its a BMW or an Audi every single fucking time

I've recently started to bite the bullet now and just chill in the right lane until traffic in the left lane is moving fast enough for me to pass quickly instead of taking 5 minutes to pass a semi because of heavy traffic or some asshole 5 cars in front of me who is sitting in the left lane with nobody in front of him and won't move over. It dorsn't take much more time this way and it's much less stressful and dangerous. There's no reason to be constantly stressed and angry when driving, I hate driving with people who are always yelling and pissed off every single time they go anywhere, they seem miserable and are probably shortening their lifespan.

And they let traffic ruin their day when they KNOW there's traffic since there's traffic every day. Leave early enough so that you aren't running late for something important. It's totally up to you whether you want to be happy or moserable in traffic, it's going to be there either way. Just plan ahead and have water and and a bluetooth connection to listen to podscasts and music and you're set.

>someone passed me on the highway
Cry about it, you gigafaggot. Some people drive faster than you.

>Guy gets in the fast lane and blocks traffic with his slow ass
This happens way to much

Did you read my post? I AM passing, I'm just not tailgating while I do it.

You were passing. He was passing. You were both passing. Shut up.

>that guy driving with his headlights on at noon on a sunny day
>swerving big timie
>keeps drifting into the other lane
>pass the clown at WOT so when he crashes i wont get caught in his fuckmess

He was passing me unsafely by cutting off me and the person next to me, as well as tailgating everyone. Just because you can physically fit your car into the space between me and the car in front of me doesn't mean you should pass. Do I have to explain why tailgating and cutting people off is not okay? Should I tailgate the car in front of me to be a good driver according to you?

Tailgating and cutting-off are buzzwords shitty drivers use.
Did you get into an accident? Did you have to swerve or slam on the brakes to avoid getting hit?
Sounds to me like he's the more competent driver and was able to accurately gauge your speed and distance met with his car's size and acceleration, and overtook you in a manner that not only benefits you since you didn't have to make another lane change, but himself as well since he didn't have to waste time waiting for you to get back over.
Now both of you are happily continuing on your merry little ways, except you've got a victim complex and have to cry about this imaginative offense he committed.

>that guy driving with his headlights on at noon on a sunny day

What's wrong with this? It doesn't bother anyone unless your hi beams are on and it makes you slightly more visible even on a sunny day. Of course I'm not saying that I can't see a car in broad daylight with no headlights, I'm saying that headlights on a sunny day make you 0.01% more visible and that might make the difference between someone not paying attention seeing you or not. Also many roads in my city alternate between shady and sunny so I just leave them on because headlights do make your car significantly more visible on shady roads, even if it's sunny out.

t. Jerry Seinfeld

No even OP

It's called daytime running lights you dumbfuck. Do you even knowcars?

Your headlights are not drls...

The ones in my 98 work truck are. Aren't you supposed to be in school?

>Tailgating and cutting-off are buzzwords shitty drivers use.

Nope, these are real things. You really don't know what people mean by this?

>Did you get into an accident? Did you have to swerve or slam on the brakes to avoid getting hit?
Sounds to me like he's the more competent driver and was able to accurately gauge your speed and distance met with his car's size and acceleration, and overtook you in a manner that not only benefits you since you didn't have to make another lane change, but himself as well since he didn't have to waste time waiting for you to get back over.
Now both of you are happily continuing on your merry little ways, except you've got a victim complex and have to cry about this imaginative offense he committed.

Have you heard of these words called "risk" and "probability"? Drivers who tailgate and cut people off increase the likelihood of a crash directly caused by them. Them not causing a crash at a particular time is irrelevant, by driving the way they do, they raise the risk of a crash and giving themselves and everyone around them less reaction time by being unpredictable and driving too close to the person in front of them.

It doesn't take skill to tailgate and cut people off, I could do that if I wanted to but I'm not an asshole who rolls the dice with other peoples lives. Just admit you care more about having fun driving fast weaving in and out of traffic and being selfish than about safety.

I swear 90% of americans would die if they ever got on autobahn. I realy dont get why is speed limit in usa 65 mph? With those wide roads and german drivers and german laws there would never be any traffic jams or accidants.

Basically most of American drivers are third world country level

I've had more trucks and angry shitbox drivers do it to me.

The speed limit isn't 65mph in most states. Only shitty ones have 65mph, most are at 70 and a few others do 75 and 80.
You're probably not wrong, our driving tests are too easy.

>our driving tests are too easy.
Everyone will learn to drive eventualy, regardless of how easy or hard is the test. Problem is that you have huge wide roads and lower or in best case same speed limits as in europe where roads are much smaller and nowhere near as wide. Driving 80mph at wide american road is like standing, there shouldnt be limit on those roads.

Because of such "laid off" style of driving there are pople like op who think someone is maniac because they moved to their lane without leaving 50 metes of distance.

They are a maniac you fuck

I'm trying to travel somewhere, not drive as fast and aggressively as possible.

I'M NOT FUCKING SITTING IN THE LEFT LANE, I AM PASSING TRAFFIC IN THE RIGHT LANE AND WOULD DO IT FASTER IF THERE WASN'T SOMEONE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME IN THE LEFT LANE. I AM A GOOD DRIVER SO I DO NOT TAILGATE. I AM NOT HOLDING UP TRAFFIC IN THE GODDAMN LEFT LANE BY BEING MORE THAN HALF A SECOND OF REACTION TIME BEHIND SOMEONE.

GOOD DRIVER /= WEAVING IN AND OUT OF TRAFFIC, TAILGATING, AND CUTTING PEOPLE OFF TO GET ONE CAR AHEAD AND STILL BE STUCK BEHIND THE SAME PERSON I WAS STUCK BEHIND

Do you live in America? Cause I hardly ever see trucks on the M3 in Europe, just angry dudes with German cars that think they're the cock of the walk cause they paid more for their car

Then get the fuck out of left lane. It should be called passing lane to keep people like you away from it.

>SOMEONE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME
50m is not right in front of you
> I DO NOT TAILGATE
you dont have to ride bumper but if you are passing then move closer, othervise how the fuck is someone in front of you supposed to know yu would like to pass if you are 100m behind him

This channel will show you how people drive in europe and germany especially. You dont need to be schumacher, but for fuck sakes dont be the guy who doesnt pay attention to anything either. Move your ass from passing lane and use it for passing, not cruising. If someone is cruising in passing lane dont be idiot and tailgate because often there will be another idiot who will slow down on purporse but make it obvious you want to pass.

I can often read here how posters slow down and dont let people pass if they want to overtake, makes me sick. Someday you might get call form wife/daughter/parents saying they are in danger and that you need to come quickly and youll be to late to help them because you run on someone liek yourself who will not be passed because fuck you, nobody passes me, im doing the limit.

youtube.com/user/BerlinTomek

You stupid motherfucker.

I know not to sit in the left lane and not pass anymone, that's not what I'm doing. If I am in the left lane I am passing. I can't do anything about it if there is traffic in front of me in the left lane. I am not holding up traffic by being there. If I move over to the right lane there is still a line of cars in the left lane blocking it.

I'm not a huge distance back, I'm at a SAFE distance back. I am trying to pass the people in the right lane just like the guy behind me is. Tailgating does not make traffic on front of you magically move out of the way.

Come to Ontario, Canada with our 62mph/100kmh highway limits

B8, or dlives in a country where trucks are illegal for civillians to drive

>truck driver is going 20 in a 30
>get around him, signal early every lane change
>one light later
>we're both turning left onto a two lane street
>i turn into the proper lane, and need to be in the other one before the next light
>he drifts to the second lane and guns it, matches my speed so i can't get into that lane
>end up circling back instead of racing on a residential
he was the better driver obviously

i was such a chump for having lane discipline and daring to get in front of the almighty truck

That's only technicaly passing but in reality its just cruising at higher speed. If motherfuckers like you stayed in right lane, all people who wanted to overtake would be able to do so and once they are gone in distance it would lower down density and increase flow, but no if there are 3 lanes right one is going 50, middle one 55 and left lane 60. It's shame really because most of these roads are more than capable of being without speed limit, but drivers clearly aren't. Someone moving from one lane to another is weawing for you, letting someone know I'm intending to pass is tailgating for you, seriously you'd all be better of with autopilots.

>the highway onramp in my town is built into the fast lane
>gun it so I can merge into the oncoming traffic
>every 90's shitbox boyracer who's driving behind me at the onramp thinks I'm mocking them so they try to catch up with me and cut me off

They're not illuminated as much as your low beams are. Try some reading comprehension, kid.
>calling others a kid when you're eighteen and drive a beat up "work" truck

There is too much traffic for anyone to pass, all three lanes are full.

Fuck you retard