McLaren is boring, Ferrari is a merchandise company, Porsche isn't exotic, and Lamborghini has gone soft...

McLaren is boring, Ferrari is a merchandise company, Porsche isn't exotic, and Lamborghini has gone soft. Is Pagani and Koenigsegg the only cool supercar manufacturers left?

Are you 14?

>McLaren is boring
What is P1 and 675LT?

>Ferrari is a merchandise company
Sure, this is the only shit company her. They never let the customers have the full fun of their cars. I hate Ferraris honestly.

>Porsche isn't exotic?
Say what nigga? Even a Cayman of 50k is good looking nowadays and still has an exotic look and feel.

>Lamborghini has gone soft.
Aventador SV and Huracan SL would like to have a word with you.

Pagani is like its never trying for something new. They basically are now creating new styling lits for Huaryras. While Koenigsegg is still trying new and awesome shit every now and then.

Ferraris are luxury cars now you brag to your friends at the country club.

McLarens are slow. P1 is all hype.

Lambo has gone quiet. Same with Pagani.

I agree OP. Koen is the only cool supercar manu left.

What's with the long ass mirrors?

>McLarens are slow
Lemme guess, your Civic Si is faster, right?

So you can see the road behind you and not just the wide ass rear fenders

>McLarens are slow.
The least expensive car from Mclaren is the 540C and that does 0-60 in 3.4s

The only "problem" with McLaren is that it don't have personality (a.k.a. flaws) to fans to defend.

It is fast, comfortable, reliable, lightweight, cheaper than the competition and even fuel efficient. There is nothing to debate.

It shows why car forums are so shitty. People don't enjoy the cars they own, they want to complain about cars they will never own.

but Veeky Forums is not a car forum...

SSC?

>Tuatara never

Pagani is boring as hell
Koenigsegg just hype their shit up constantly and idiots buy into it

wow a dead Vaporware company

As a McLaren employee I can assure you they do have flaws.

kit car garbage

You can say a lot about Pagani's, but boring is the last thing that comes to mind

They are as bonkers as classic Lambo, just with curves instead of edges

Jesus fuck that's ugly

What car doesn't have flaws?

dunno

I find excess simply for the purpose of excess to be pretty boring

P1 isn't a huge step up over F1.

0-60 is 2.8 vs 3.2
Quarter mile is 11 vs 10

They were both 1 million when they came out. Only difference is P1 has 20 years of technology, 300hp more, but weighs 700lbs extra.

When F1 came out, it was breaking records. When P1 came out, it didn't really do much. In fact, McLaren didn't even let reviewers benchmark it for a good while. An 8 year old Koenigsegg CCX was putting out far more impressive numbers in 2006 then a P1 in 2014.

Here's another point. Look at this generic supercar interior.

>alcantara
>cf
>digital dash

It's like they weren't bothered to try something new or exciting. Just made sure they had a check mark in those columns and moved onto something else.

That Pagani interior looks good thou

lolno

the McLaren looks like a car made to be driven
the Pagani looks like a pretentious art fag threw up in it

Do you guys find this boring?

GT means grand touring, this is just straight up racecar

>driven
Except they forced Top Gear to cancel the LaF/918/P1 race.

Also this is a real interior made 6 years earlier. It's actually got a theme, real design, curves, etc.

P1 looks like it has an ebay dash cover and some kid went crazy with vinyl wrap on adderall. Also that knockoff ipad in the center with windows 95 screensaver lmao.

This.

Yeah, even IDK why ford put GT as it's name.
But that looks 8/10.

Genuinely curious, what sort of flaws do you see (being an employee of mclaren) that the public doesnt know about? Reviewers for supercars generally don't say anything seriously bad about them, otherwise they wont be invited back to review future ones. If you have insight as to reliability issues, build quality, etc, it would be cool to hear.

Also, do you work for a dealership in the states or europe, or actually at woking, or...?

>Koenigsegg just hype their shit up constantly and idiots buy into it
But no one actually buys koenignogs

example pls?

I'm not in love with that interior but there are sound reasons for having it that way, it wasn't just box ticking. That said the F1 interior is far superior.

Reverse snobbery is still snobbery

>Mclaren is boring
675lt, P1 are boring wew

>Ferrari is a merchandise company
so what, they still have the 488, the XX line and the Laferrari.

>Porsche isn't exotic
seeing how a 918 beats an SS on a straight line and wrecks everything else on track, yeah sure. if you say so.

>Lamborghini has gone soft
Lamborghini is shit but hasn't gone soft.

i like the way the pagani looks but the ccxr and up have a better engine, ecu, suspension, technology, and higher speed

>675 and P1 are boring

Yeah, they are. A car is more than specs on a sheet. The F1 was cool not just because of its speed.

>Porsche isnt exotic

weak bait. I could drive around a base 996 and turn heads.

work at woking, mainly build quality that I can see and mostly with the 570, the 675LT is amazing, love driving it but the 570 is crap...the doors are shocking the gaps between the panels are disgusting. If you look at 570 photos you can see them and the 570GT's are actually leaking through the rear quarter panels.

>British
>Reliable
Lelellele xd

Yea a car company that dosn't make their own engines and gets destroyed by the cheaper Mclaren and Porsche is the cool one. Also pagani interiors are literal trash

>P1 isn't a huge step up over F1.

Because the F1 was 30 steps ahead of everybody.
Few cars today are faster than the F1.

Pagani is the shit here. They don't produce an engine of their own and they literally just produce body kits.

By literally you mean not literally?

I always thought supercars had good looking interiors but these are all disgusting

Porsche is the best, with heritage and a history stemming from WWII all the way to the modern day.

If you have ever driven one you'd know they are thoroughbred machines with an impeccable steering feel and impressive chassis.

By literally I meant literally.

>They don't produce an engine of their own
dont need to when they can just use the best available.

>literally just produce bodykits
yeah okay, this is actually a miata in disguise

yeah cant say any of them really knock my socks off

Yes he is.

But the Zonda is literally a Miata with AMG engine, user.

Then build them better, I want to get a 570GT in the future to pick up whores, sluts, and groceries.

Then get an F1. That way you an have a total smokeshow on either side.

Porsche is a boutique company but a damn good one at that. They're simply unparalleled by anything else on the market.

Yes, in your small town in a flyover state, you could turn heads

Gumpert?

>Porsche
>Boutique
No. Boutique car builders are companies like Ultima and Caterham and Superformance.

More like GRUMPERT amirite?

>best available

Is that why Pagani can't beat the other manufactures?

>McLaren is soulless

>Ferrari has gone full muh heritage sellout mode

>Porsche just won't do something new with their supercars

>Lamborghini has become Hotwheels for grownups

You grew up. Supercar interiors are generally tacky.

I lve in Houston Texas one of the world's largest cities. Stay in denial, wannabe richfag

>I live in Houston

My condolences fellow Texasbro.

>tfw no more Lotus, Maserati, or Jaguar supercars.

At least Lotus makes great sports cars. The other two mike dime a dozen, boring luxotourers

Pretty sure the SVR is supercar tier at a low price.

Just another fat Ferrari.

well, I'm not sure about that. I see some shit downtown.

I hate working down there but seeing panameras for days along with Ferarri 488s, Bentleys, Rolls, etc helps make it at least a bit better.
>tfw park next to an air conditioned and sealed off parking garage where the cheapest thing to enter is a Ferd Raptor

god the new gt is jut fucking irredeemable.

Exterior looks like fucking garbage, interior looks like a bland garbage fire. Where the fuck are all of the GT40 motifs? Where the fuck is the snarly, crackling roar of the engine?

For all their engineers they played it safe and made something to compete with mid-level Ferarris instead of something to compete with the big 3. What a piece of shit. I can't wait for it to be as unreliable and terrible as the old GT.

understated and clean. I like it a lot. so many of these cars have too many bright accents and are overall very loud and not really... tasteful. I know they're preposterous cars to begin with but I just can't get into the things Pagani and Ferrari do in there. They usually try to jam pack too much 'stuff' and it's cluttered.

>supercar interiors

Get on this level

>all these companies have abandoned or are phasing out manuals

Yeah, nah. Fuck that. If I'm going to spend a stupid amount of money on a car, I want a car. Not status symbols for baby boomers.

>boring
>not overdesigned and tacky means boring

it would be really good looking in black

>Say what nigga? Even a Cayman of 50k is good looking nowadays and still has an exotic look and feel.

Pro tip: The Cayman is the best Porsche you can buy right now and the GT4 is the best track car they've ever made.

Jaguar is going to release a halo car and plans a car a year through their SVO, so it's hard to write them off just yet

Yeah but you're driving around an area of concentrated wealth, a base 996 still looks tits enough to look like a nice car is all in saying especially if you have a nice set of wheels on it

With a few simple mods my civic is way faster

how gaudy