Just bought a Jetta TDI 1.9 DSG. It will be my first diesel car. What should I know...

Just bought a Jetta TDI 1.9 DSG. It will be my first diesel car. What should I know? What are some good practices or things that I shouldn't do?

>he bought an automatic
Laughingwhores.jpg

Yeah, I just bought it because it was cheap. I really wanted a manual.

Bump

If you really wanted a manual why didn't you buy one? Should've stuck to your guns.

can't argue with a good price for a good car, I ain't op but a diesel jetta ain't no sports car so who gives a flying fuck

it runs? it runs good? it's comfortable? the price is right?

Sometimes you gotta take some and lose some. In this case OP's got a good car at a good price, minus the inconvenience that it isn't a manual as preferred by him.

Now quit bitching about YOUR prefferences and answer the good man's question:

>It will be my first diesel car. What should I know? What are some good practices or things that I shouldn't do?

Be gentle with throttle until car warms up. Make sure to use right oil because somehow wrong one can lead to dpf going apeshit. I hope you plan on puting many miles on it and on long distances, thats what they are best at. If you are driving mostly in city at low revs its good to go on open road every now and drive at higher revs (up to 3k will keep it clean)

Also after driving fast dont turn it off immediately. Wait for couple of minutes for turbo tu cool down, or drive last few minutes slow so you dont have to wait.

>having to change the fluid every 30k miles

>Be gentle with throttle until car warms up. Make sure to use right oil because somehow wrong one can lead to dpf going apeshit. I hope you plan on puting many miles on it and on long distances, thats what they are best at. If you are driving mostly in city at low revs its good to go on open road every now and drive at higher revs (up to 3k will keep it clean)
Either this or thrash it around like a madman everywhere.
Been doing that shit for a year and never had issues with the DPF.
Just let the engine warm up well so the turbo doesn't get fucked.

Thanks mate, that's exactly what's on my mind. It'll be a commuter car, not a drift machine.

Someone told me that I shouldn't mash the accelerator since it could perforate the engine. Of course I didn't believe it, but makes more sense to me to drive it easy and some times rev it up. I always do that to my cars.

>perforate the engine
what the fuck
If the engine is warm you can mash it whenever you want, just like a petrol engine.
But then again, there are diesel engines that are happier to rev than other. TDIs usually aren't as happy to rev as Multijets, but that doesn't mean you can't rev it to your hearts content.

If the Jetta uses the same DSG as the GTI it's better than a manual.

Yeah, I knew it was bullshit. The redline is at 4.5k RPM by the way, so not so rev-happy. Thanks for the advice, mate.

Enjoy it breh.

That's a good question, I've been searching but haven't found any evidence that is the same as the GTI, but I did found that is the same on the GLI. Interesting.

Confirmed, is the same.

I have a dsg gti can confirm it's more fun than my old subie

I've read it is great, I mean, in the inside is like a manual transmission.

I'm in a dilemma.

>This guy is a shit smearing retard that went and bought a diesel Fiat
>He's also the only known one on this board who has a diesel so certainly he must know from experience

Third option would be killing myself as always but I wanna see the outcome of this

Last sunset together before the wife divorces him and takes the car with government sanction, right?