Recirculation

Sup Veeky Forums. A buddy of mine sold me an aftermarket bov and I'm thinking of putting it in my '04 wrx. I heard you need a tune to vent to atmosphere. My question is, is it going to be ok as long as I recirculate the vented air back into the system?

Pic: best gen imprezas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fq2ekzptguo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You don't need to do anything with the tune, just drill a hole in the top of the turbo housing and weld the valve in place.

>My question is, is it going to be ok as long as I recirculate the vented air back into the system?
Knowing Subaru probably not. I'm also not sure why you'd replace the stock recirculation valve with a new one that you intend to set up to do the exact same thing.

Something to do on a Saturday morning I guess. I don't know, I just want to experiment. Anyways, it's supposed to be a floating valve. I'm curious how it performs.

If it's venting to atmosphere can you explain how you think it's going to recirculate back infront of the turbo. Or do you actually have a BPV

The new valve has an adaptor for recirculation. And I think all turbo imprezas have piping for recirc in the first place.

>BOV
>losing boost on purpose just for that sikk tsuu tsuu
shiggy diggy

Well then I'm not sure about needing a tune or not but I'm fairly sure BOV only actually do anything if you are running a stupid crazy amount of boost. It's more of just a sound thing.

Well assuming you have an AFR readout then the worst you'll be able to do on accident is turn on the CEL.

>not wanting to dose it
youtube.com/watch?v=fq2ekzptguo

>can't into reading comprehension
It's gonna be recirculated. Are you illiterate? As expected of tripfag

>I have no idea what compressor surge is
Like it matters when you only have 70hp.

sikk
>tsu tsu tsu tsu tststsuuuu

>13 seconds to 60 mph

>mad because a small diesel is making a sikker boost than his rice burner
tsuuuu

My 5400 pound crewmax tundra will embarrass your coke can turbo poorbox.

>a fucking pickup
I don't work in construction, don't really need to carry bags of cement anywhere.

Oh, thought I was mad about your boosted shitbox?
>muh deflections
Kek.

very rice but hey you bought an impreza lmao

>a fucking pickup
lmao

>faster
>much better quality
>worth way more
Yes, a fucking pickup. Keep up those deflections poor kid.