Classic Car General

Fix my fucking wheels edition

Other urls found in this thread:

wizardcooling.com/?gclid=CJ3d84eThM8CFYsmhgodimkOJA
youtube.com/watch?v=21sP7orRS3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ayyy I was heading to a party from the skate park earlier and saw guy driving one of those. He must have just bought it because it had the paper plates number taped to his windshield

Can you get them with 1 lug and a taper w/ key slot? The wheel mounts right to the axle shaft

Nein, I'll wait for this guy to do it.

Hipsters

Hip STERRRS

>camera turns to show two faggots with ironic mustaches jerking each other off

Boomers

BOOM ERRRS

>camera turns to show old man driving at them (wife is kill)

>wall of cars about to meet
>they all stall
>Down the middle drives a miata
>stops and door opens to show no driver

Why won't you get in, what are you afraid of

My legs are too long to be in a miata

I don't suck enough dick to drive a Miata unironically

So what exactly went bad on the wheel? Spokes, fellows, or hubs?

Sorry, fellow.

Damn autocorrect. Felloe!

Because those cars are EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLL

I just changed the water pump on my Excalibur in roughly three hours; lost two screws and found a random hose clamp. Hopefully that will fix my overheating issue.

classic car people are unable to technology and are either boomers or hipsters on flip phones

>gif
we use webm now
again could be hipster, or boomer, no way to tell

needs a new paint job desu

I too know this feel

Pretty sure we all need a new paint job.

I have the wire brushes and sandpaper, just gotta buy primer and paint.

Gonna do a nice shade of red.

was the old pump not pumpin?

The car would overheat when driven over 55 mph. I replaced the thermostat and flushed the coolant, but the problem still remained. If this doesn't fix it, I'm not sure what to try next.

Try a new, bigger radiator if the water pump doesn't fix it.

Also try flushing it with a garden hose while the engine is running, sticking the garden hose into the water inlet hose and letting it drain out of the water outlet hose. The heat should help loosen some of the shit.

If it's overheating on the highway, that means you need a bigger, or new radiator

my truck overheats if I don't move for a while, what is the issue there?

A bigger radiator is not an option. NOBODY makes a replacement radiator for a 1978 Excalibur. It was fine, before, on cross-country trips and summer driving; having only started to act up recently.

Might need a new radiator cap or possibly the fins on the water pump are damaged in some way. Not moving enough coolant at idle, but move enough at higher rpm.

Might just need a new one, then. My Thunderbird does the same thing. City driving is fine, but if I do more than 100 km/h on the highway when it's hot out, then it get's really hot. I'm certain it's just some shit clogging my rad, as it is the original one

Well it can be made, it would just have to be a custom aluminum unit. We did that at my previous job with a Rolls Royse Silver Spirit. Not going to be cheap though.

If memory serves me correct, isn't it just a Chevy small block in the Excalibur? So any coolant system stuff besides a radiator would be easy to get.

I'm going to try a smaller belt as well; hopefully that'll get the pump spinning faster and moving more coolant; though, I'm not sure that it would make a difference.

It's actually a 454 big block; the majority of the parts on it are '70s Corvette .

You'd need a smaller water pump pulley to make any difference, not a belt

Why did I type belt instead of pulley...

Champion radiators sell radiators by engine, so the only thing beyond that is the supports. In my galaxie I just cut and bent some sheet metal and drilled some holes through it for the top mount, seems to hold the radiator pretty well.

General rule of thumb is:

Overheating in traffic = not enough airflow through the radiator
Overheating on the highway = not enough radiator

you could also be overheating in traffic because the radiator is plugged as well.

butifel

>free with every happy meal

Pic related is the front end I'm working with. Not a lot of options, since it was custom-made to fit the car. I'd have to have it re-cored instead.

If the pump doesn't work and you want to investigate a radiator, I believe this is the place where we had the custom Silver Spirit radiator made. They have the plans for a lot more than what they show on the website.

wizardcooling.com/?gclid=CJ3d84eThM8CFYsmhgodimkOJA

I ended up painting my truck white recently after looking up some test data.
white and silver vehicles are a whole 8-10 degrees F cooler when parked in the sun than black and other dark colors.
Its actually noticeably less hot inside now.

>needs a new paint job
>"I too know this feel"
NO
O

I feel like a quasi-hipster for liking to neo-psychedelic

does anyone else listen to this genre as well? is there any other genre i might like that has parallels?

Nope, just eurobeat and dadrock for me desu

youtube.com/watch?v=21sP7orRS3c
>MUTHA EARF

>classic car people are unable to technology
>he didn't swap to electronic ignition, vacuum chokes, TPS in the lighter, and 50 amp alternators.

kek fag i'm even allowed to pollute all i want.

bro check this out, my boike used to overheat if i stopped moving for a while and i sprayed out the radiator (dead bugs desu) and it doesn't overheat anymore.
It was bad enough to vaporlock the engine at one point in traffic.

dis some fukin wallpaper material right here.

Dracula knows best.

I've got a few more shots of my cars that would be better:

Does your truck have an electric fan? I want to do the conversion on my Dolomite for the same reason (Overheating in traffic).

Arizona?
That's some big sky right there.
Those truly are the best days.

Thanks guys I probably need a new radiator cap desu. What pound one you think I should get?

My paint is pretty fucked T B H

No, and I should get one, buy I'm not going to do that on this shit old radiator. Maybe I just need mine boiled out as well

wat car dis

Excalibur

Hai guise. What's a good classic car to be had on the cheap that's reasonably reliable, and/or simple to maintain? Open to any suggestions.

u a busta

MGB

A 60s to 80s ford or Chevrolet pickup truck

>Reliable

when you're dealing with parts that can be as old as 60 years, you're running on borrowed time no matter what car.

>wanting to paint over good patina unironically
>tfw this Nova that sat for more than a decade a couple blocks away is now gone and I can't help but think it was turned into a cube

This Nova was perfection for patina to me and its gone forever

F

I should have written
>Lucas electrics

But true. Nice thing about these trucks though, they petty much make all new parts in the us still. I just got a coil, a sensor and a few other things new.

This is also wallpaper material.

It's not even original patina though, I want the truck painted a Pastel dark green.
>Tfw no leaded paint

Either way, paint is the last thing this will get.

Yep. I bought the car outside of Phoenix and drove it along Route 66 until I had to veer off towards home in Texas.

Does Chrysler/Mopar actually produce crate engines in official capacity?
All i'm seeing is some flaky looking websites.

Yes but your best bet is a Mopar catalog

Thanks friend

nigga don't even have pricing in their catalog.
I want a wedgehead 2bh

It still looks nice none the less

I also cannot see how pastel dark green would not look like shit senpai no offense

If you get a B later than (IIRC) 74 it switched to 12 volt electrics and negative ground and is just as reliable as any other car from the era.

It's the earlier ones with 6 volt positive grounds that fuck up constantly

Sauce on car?

Because the original color was hunter green (pic related), and I like it a lot more.

Interesting didn't know that

It's his car

I mean what make and model is it chucklefuck daddy

pontiac testarossa with a 71 chevelle bodykit

Ah, dunno why I didn't recognize it, that was my dad's first car

Your fucking with me made me feel angry yet laughing at the same time

kek it happens.

So, would a 1970-73 camaro z-28 rear fascia fit on a 78-81 model?

Shit needs some LEDs.

Spikes. They're 50 years old so it was only a matter of time. I think some water must've gotten through the varnish and started to weaken the wood at the hub
>Excalibur in CCG
Disgraceful

They started building cars in '65 and mine is 38 years old; irrefutably a classic, bus rider.

72 Chevelle

I believe so yeah, I saw a second gen with the split bumper nose and he had that long bar taillight of the later years (not sure what years they had that)

Oh shit I suck cocks, I saw fascia and thought you meant the front

Yeah I'm not sure desu, the back ends are crazy different, the 70-73 has a flat back and these have the angled back if that makes any sense kek

Galaxie Fag reporting back. 100 mile road trip there was nice, 100 mile road trip back was full of hydroplaning and no defrosters.

I can still hear a ping but it's not nearly as bad as before.

The highland games were fun to watch.

The $30 craigslist transmission apparently is going to last.

Now I'm going to bed as it's been 30 hours since I've slept.

Good night, Veeky Forums.

dog bless

>implying sealed beam isn't the best aesthetically speaking

>IMG
parker rd???

alright i gots a question
6s-70s vehicles actually had the radiator sat like a foot behind the grille right? Standard shit.
I'm looking for an engine bay from that time period that will fit a Buick straight-8.

Obv the str8-8 is a long engine and also pretty tall.
I'm pretty sure length-wise, it can fit in a 70's era Monte-Carlo.

as far as height, it's an OHV so it can end up being pretty tall. Not sure if i should consider a flathead straight 8 but here's a picture of the engine and i'm sure you all know Monte Carlos have truly vast engine bays.

Want to do it for a bonneville car tbqh

Lincolns from the 70s. Before the downsizing.

>bonneville car
>lincoln

disregard my post.

What about it?
Ford marques have their own class right?

A Chevy citation is 30+ years old but that doesn't make it a classic

I'm not a snob about anything car-related, but excaliburs are silly cars for silly people

>bus rider
Rude desu

Havana, but close enough

always knew kkk was cuban

wut kar

Kek'd

>tfw windows phone so i can't dank my pictures.

>windows phone
JUST

>tfw no symbian

1912 Packard model 30

Was my grandpas, now my dad's

What's silly about it? It's a Corvette drive train in a body reminiscent of a million dollar Mercedes. They handle very well and are a blast to drive.

:) I'm from that area

Parker and mainstreet/jordan rd

cruise night was last night. it was pretty cool. there was a ton of different cars, and i cruised around for a bit. eventually had to take it home bc when it gets hot, it spews trans fluid everywhere. come to find out the diff is leaking out the pinion seal so i gotta fix that first.

ugh what a pain in the ass i just want to driveeeeeeeeee

as for the trans, its coming from the bellhousing but im not 100 percent certain, but it is coming from the front end so

wuh

new tires come in tomorrow that THATS GOOD I GUESS

nice. what car do you have?

>old cars are fun they said
>built like tanks they said
>ITS A BULLETPROOF CAH they said

Are you me? I want to do the same thing.
Although the late-2nd gen ass is growing on me slightly.