What's the point of FWD?

What's the point of FWD?

cheaper safer and have less power loss than AWD or RWD
is better than RWD in snow or rain

Unless you're doing atleast one burnout or drift a day then you don't need RWD. If you drive a RWD the rear tires better be worn and the rocker panels better have burnt rubber on them.

More interior space
Less drivetrain losses
Safer for the average driver

Not much else

lol the vast majority of people on here obsessed with rwd have probably never even taken a car sideways on purpose for fun before and can't afford track days.

in the context of daily driving, fwd and awd are great options for tuners that do more than post on Veeky Forums in between forza laps.

RWD is better though

for superior performance over american rwd vehicles

dumb frogposter

No shit. The average normie doesn't need it though.

>slower than the 1966 GT
BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Fwd is shit. Stay retarded

>He doesnt daily drift

every day nigga, get gud

fwiw i drive a toyota cressida and drift once a week.

every sleeper i see irl is fwd because people obsessed with drivetrain are no different than mustang owners.

to become a genuinely good driver in the context of street racing, you need experience with all 3 of the major types... and even then you're gonna want to explore mid engine layouts. this takes literal years of trial and error and why it is not surprising to see a people clowning kids that just got their licenses in engine swapped cars.

>slower than the 1966 GT
nope. a broken fwd nissan is faster than any ford race car around the post 2013 circuit de la sarthe

>bbbut this layout with no chicanes!!!

>damage control
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

It's better than rwd in every way for 99% of the population

Nope.

Front Wheel drive is trash

> projecting
BTFO URSELF!

>why cant ecoboost rwd compete with fwd

Why did you all respond to a shitpost thread?

>literally gets proven wrong
>rewords his post so he won't get rekt further
Stay BTFO

rotflmao

>literally gets proven wrong
but a broken fwd nissan is faster than the ford gt?? how can i be wrong???

>this mad
roflmao

The new GT is faster though.

stay btfo

Cheaper to make, easier on fuel.

Then you've got a company (e.g. Honda or Mitsu) that has a whole lineup of FWD cars and the 90s Japanese sports car battle royale is about to start. There's no time to churn out a new RWD platform for a new sports car so what options are there for a souped-up version of your commuters?

>AWD, see also; Lancer Evo, Galant/Legnum VR-4, 3000GT VR-4/GTO MR
>doing whatever Nipnong blood magic Honda used to make the Type-R models as good as they were

>The new GT is faster though
nope, otherwise it would have a lap time

>ford gt literally slower than a fucking fwd acura sedan
roflmao

Real response: better mpg, more rear space, safer to drive (understeer is better than oversteer) , cheaper

I like shitting up Veeky Forums

>no! it's not true!
B T F O
T
F
O

sadly it is true my friend.

>why is ford gt slower than fwd acura?

understeer is safer than oversteer, not better

It isn't. The ecoboost is faster.

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

>It isn't.
the picture says otherwise

>bbut ecoboost
not faster than a fwd nissan tho, ROFLMAO

Easier to handle for america's masses of untrained drivers and mpgees

Correcting understeer is piss easy
Correcting oversteer is easier than in RWD

The 1966 GT is faster though

lmao

>nissan can't compete with a car from 50 years ago
Absolutely BTFO

No recovery possible at this point

>The 1966 GT is faster though
on a layout without half a dozen chicanes, sure

>No recovery possible at this point
thansk for proving that na v8>turbo v6 btw. roflmao!

>literally admits it's faster
>damage control
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Fun user's

>literally admits it's faster
yes na v8 is faster than twin turbo v6. thanks for helpng me establish this fact, my dear friend

It isn't. The toyota lmp1 set a 3:19 qualifying lap time.

V6>V8
Absolutely BTFO

>cuck is getting btfo for the 3rd day in a row
Rotflmao

>he ragequit
rotflmao

My sides

>The toyota lmp1 set a 3:19 qualifying lap time
so basically we come to the conclusion that ecoboost v6 is dog poop and inferior to pushrod v8s and every other type of v6? cool

>ecobbost v6 slower than fwd
>he will try to damage control and move goalposts because cant deal
roflmao roflmao

The 1966 GT is faster though

rotflmao

>Cheaper
They've only become cheaper as they're the primary drive, back when they were just really coming onto the market in the late 70's and early 80's they were more expensive

>Safer
How?

>Less power loss than RWD
How? RWD system is simpler

>Better than RWD in snow or rain
A FWD on all seasons will slide all over ice and snow while a RWD with winter tires will keep good grip. Yes a FWD will have more weight over the front tires, but my Volvo 240 with 120 pounds of rock salt in the back made it up our road in the winter much better than neighbor's 2000's Focuses and Hondas

Understeer is neither safer nor better than oversteer. It's just easier to pin on the driver in the case of a potential lawsuit. Legal and marketing concerns are the real reason FWD is so common now, not any sort actual engineering issue.

>How? RWD system is simpler
Transaxles don't have driveshafts. Look at the power difference on a dyno between a steel driveshaft and a carbon fiber one. Now imagine if it had zero mass and infinite spring rate.

I despise FWD but even I'll admit it's better in winter. Adding xxxlbs of weight to get traction kind of defeats the purpose. RWD is useless if you have to start up a hill with no momentum.

safer because understeer is built into it without having to engineer the car to do so.

power loss is iffy because it depends on the car

FWD is better in snow for the average driver because of the understeering mechanic. you can utilize momentum without as much risk of spinning.

The only advantage FWD has in adverse conditions is being able to articulate the driven wheels if you start to dig yourself a pit. FWD is not better on pavement, at all, ever, under any circumstances, all else being equal (yes, your Focus ST is a better car than a Lada Riva; I'm not arguing that no FWD car can ever be as good as any RWD car).

>cheaper
less parts to manufacture, driving costs down. You're not this dumb.

>safer
understeering is a more natural feeling to casual driving plebs. Becky is chatting on her phone, if she loses traction in FWD she's not going to oversteer, cross the median, and wrap her car into a minivan in oncoming traffic.
You're not this dumb
>Less power loss
Driveshafts. You're not this dumb
>Better in snow/rain
>A fwd will slide on ice with all seasons while a rwd with winters will grip
all seasons vs winters, what is false equivalency?
>finishes post with anecdote
Oh, never mind, you actually are this dumb.

>safer

fwd a shit

This

>power difference on a dyno between a steel driveshaft and a carbon fiber one

Really any worthwhile difference?

some like the engine in a bitch of a position to change sparkplugs (v6)

>KT vs gan san
both pretty good drivers but gan san is getting old mang

i was triggered
but i saged the others don't seems to know what it mean thought

how else are we going to differentiate between retards and true driving enthusiasts?

One exception to this is smaller cars like a Neon that can use a handbrake vs something like an old RWD American automatic that uses a footbrake for parking

lol

Cheaper to make, more interior room in compact cars, more fuel efficient, less power loss, easy to control, good traction in mud and snow

Car gets cheaper by removing real axle and driveshaft.

Allows for cheaper and more lightweight designs than RWD or AWD, with better fuel economy than AWD, and better snow/rain traction than RWD.

Also just my opinion, but it also makes a much better DD than RWD.

Bump

RWD is only good if your car has more than 300 bhp

Naw. I'd take a 100hp RWD over a 300hp tuned FWD any day. Even if you can only spin the tires on gravel or snow its still way the fuck more fun than a FWD.