Jacking car on an incline

I have a problem, my car is parked on an incline with the front down and I need to raise the rear wheels up but my problem is that it's RWD ergo, the ebrake is on the rear wheels.

Thus far, I've used everything from 2x4s to wheel chocks on the front wheels but any attempt to raise the rear, the jack keeps sliding off.

How can I raise the rear on an incline? will these wheel locks actually hold my car in place if I put 2 on the front wheels?

I can't turn on my car

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Ratchet-Hoist-Pulley-System-Puller/dp/B005FGMIV8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is there anywhere you can roll it? jacking on an incline is incredibly unsafe and you shouldn't be under it jackstands or not.

I can't roll it anywhere, the street ends in a cul de sac.

Everytime I jacked it slightly, the car would move forward and the jack would slide off.

This OP, put it and neutral and find a mor elevel surface, if the incline is so steep that jacking it up with chokes on the wheels isnt suffecient, the incline is GAR too steep. Unsafe no matter what you do nigga. Because the weight is moving horizontally instead of vertically.

you either need to clear out your garage or carpark or roll it into the street. maybe tow it with another vehicle.

if you try to make this work you are, unsarcastically, very likely to kill yourself. it's not worth it.

I sometimes find myself inclined to jack myself on an incline, though if you find yourself with the inclination to jack your car on an incline I am inclined to agree that it is a bad idea.

If you absolutely have to, put chokes on the front wheels, and get a crowbar or any long bar and jam it between the seat and brake pedal (depressing the brake pedal as much as possible) ass soon as you take the wheels off, put them under the vehicle whereve ryou feel it will stop it from killing you as much as possible. Whatever you are working on, do it quickly because this is EXTREMELY unsafe.

Even with those wheel locks?

I can't roll it anywhere because it's a small street and everyone parks everywhere.

Do it at when all the cars are gone (around 9am most people go to work) and if you can buy those wheel locks, then they will help, but jacking up a car on an incline is juse unsafe always because the way the weight shifts horizontally as well.

>will these wheel locks actually hold my car in place if I put 2 on the front wheels?
When you kill yourself please report back. Us suicidal anons would like to know what it was like.

I'm guessing conscious for 30-45 seconds while in terrible pain and unable to breathe.

What say other anons?

She tried to work under a car jacked up on an incline, how do you think she feels now?

That isn't what happened you retard

is spot on
don't cut corners on this shit man. having a car fall on you is no joke. you can walk away from a wreck, but you're going nowhere if even a small car falls on you. you'll come out of it in an ambulance or a body bag.

No dice, It's physically impossible to push my car up the driveway and all the areas are full of cars on the street.

I was thinking of the front brakes, I'll do that and stick 8 jacks and 2 wheel crates down there.

I have to remove my fuel tank.

I started to laugh...

...and then it turned into screaming

jackstands*

>the jack keeps sliding off.
You stated you "... need to raise the rear wheels...." but you only need to change one wheel at a time. There is no need to raise both wheels up at the same time.

It will slide out from jackstands or even collapse the jackstands. That's because your jackstands touch ground at 4 points.

But the angle causes almost all the weight to appear on only two of the four points. Thus, the stress on your jackstand is increased quite a bit. If it is harbor freight, then you cannot trust the metal.

Another approach is to have a sturdy truck in front of your car attach a winch cable and pull the cable firmly taut. You can then use a jackstand on one side of the car to change that one tire. However, you stated you need to raise BOTH rear wheels up in the air. That doesn't make sense if you are changing a tire.

No matter what you do it will still be very dangerous, I do not recommend you jack the car up on an incline but if you must you better take every possible precaution you can think of m8.

I'm dropping my gas tank.

you need more friends to help, one of these:
amazon.com/Ratchet-Hoist-Pulley-System-Puller/dp/B005FGMIV8
an anchor point in your garage concrete foundation (and thus probably a hammer drill), and a cable/chain.

drill hole in concrete. insert eye anchor. attach cable to anchor, and one to vehicle through come along ratchet. some people push from sides on a A/B pillars and you ratchet the thingy up.

it can be done. Did it with an old blazer I overheated the engine on.

I'm confused.

i made a thing for you

>it's RWD ergo, the ebrake is on the rear wheels.

YOUR LOGIC IS BAD, AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD.

The handbrake is always on the rear wheels. That's how it stops the car from rolling backwards down a hill.

Fucktard.

inb4 news story about teenager
Killing self when cars falls on him
During repair
Because jacked on incline
And surviving parents attempt to sue everyone

Actually I'm going to screen cap this entire thread JUST in case this happens so I can send it to the parents and attorneys as proof that OP was just retarded and set on killing himself.

I jack my car up in the driveway all the time, just don't be retarded and it works fine.
Block the wheels really well and make sure that shit is solid before you get under it.

Idiot. Some parking brakes only work in one direction - forward. Engage the parking brake on say, a Ford Ranger of any flavor or year and it only does a little bit of braking in reverse but basically locks up the rear tires going forward. It has to do with the direction the brake shoes pivot, but you probably aren't smart enough to understand any of this.