/hhg/ - Hot Hatch General

Red on a hatch is sexy af Edition

A thread to discuss about Econo-Pocket-Rockets. Regular hatches are welcome too.

>hatchback Q & A
>post your pocket-rockets
>your adventures with it
>your problems with it
>what have you fixed recently?
>what upgrades do you plan in it?
>post anything hatchbacks

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No, with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Last thread: (Archived)

is it worth supercharging my mk6 fist or just use the money on a faster car?

I have a Toyota aygo, am I hot?

put turbo then ur hot :^)

red is a shitty colour and mazdas are also shit

Oh?

Couldn't afford anything nicer, huh?

Why so salt at Mazda? They are good company desu

I'm an engineer, dude. I just don't blow my whole paycheck on cars. There's a difference between "inability to afford" and "recognizing a bargain".

dude I'm also an engineer and make 6 no wait 7 figures

Stop counting decimals kek

that would make it 9 figures dude. Mazdas are for human trash only btw

Still waiting on my parts to show up.

Sure thing, pal. A guy with 7 figures needs to brag anonymously about it.

9 figures. I'm also smarter than u

You jackasses pass the PE exam yet?

Get on my level, get an official seal.

>being this mad over a good company
Wew
I could understand nissan scum or bmw junk.
But mazda is really good

I haven't been here in a long time. Surprised these threads still exist. I miss my hot hatch.

Hey guys do I get to participate in this thread?

Nope. GTFO

I don't know who you are but you're an awesome person.

>2016 Focus ST

This is my car that I'm currently leasing for a couple years to commute in, go to the snow, etc.

I consider myself to be an enthusiastic driver but this car I just for some reason cannot get into. It's flatout boring.

It has good pickup but everything else is meh

>Am I crazy? or is it just the new-car numbness that just doesn't satisfy me?

>Coming from a 2003 Mini Cooper to Focus ST

should have got the speed3 instead.

Sorry man, but this is one of the reasons I went with my Juke. I looked at a Focus ST and it was just boring

Yeah I was looking into getting out of the lease early bc there are about a million other cars I'd rather have but it seems impossible

>any suggestions to get out of a lease?

Talk to the Sales Manager and ask? Explain the situation, see if you can take a penalty. You'd have to read your lease contract

How does it drive? Been looking at these but there isn't one near me to test drive. Living in the middle of nowhere sucks ass

Veeky Forums hates the shit out of it but I'm really loving this car. It's so much fun to drive! I don't know how the AWD would be or the non tuned RS model, but I'm running FWD 6 speed manual.

It's pretty quick. 0-60 is 6.8s, which while not tuner car level, is still good for an SUV/Crossover. Handling and steering is rock steady and the steering wheel is nice and stiff, feels great. The Recaro seats are super comfortable and the wheel/arm area is covered in this kinda suede material that's very comfy to hold.

I've got two minor complaints with driving it. One is the torque steer. The turbo doesn't really kick in until about 3500 rpm, and when it does it goes HAM on the steering in 1st/2nd, so better make sure you are straight or have a good grip on the wheel. Second problem is that 1st gear is excessively short, and you'll be redlining by about 25-30 mph or so, so you'll have to be quick to shift.

Otherwise though, the power is great all throughout the speed range if you keep it 3500 + so the turbo is rolling. Even sitting on the highway at 90 in 5th, you can put your foot down and just GO.

I'm the guy that started /hhg/ and wrote the copypasta.