Hey UK autists, I need your help

Hey UK autists, I need your help

My first and only car is a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa. It was 10 years old & had 80k on the clock when I bought it and I paid £1,200. It's pretty shite to drive but I haven't had a single fault with the thing over the past four years, so that's something.

For various reasons, I now need to get a new car. Unfortunately I earn next to nothing and I'm a tight bastard, so I am actually looking for a car that's cheaper to insure (group 1 or 2), tax and run than my current car. I don't mind paying extra up front to get a car that will save me money long term.

Pic related - I think the newer Smart car looks lovely, but it's probably out of my price range. I could stretch to that on finance but I highly doubt it's worth it.

Thanks in advance lads

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-HONDA-JAZZ-1-4-5-DOOR-HONDA-HISTORY-NICE-SPEC-VERY-CLEAN-IN-OUT-/152230957462?hash=item2371ac1196:g:K80AAOSw65FXqzAh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

VW UP, Toyota aygo

how much money are you on and where

I'm on 18k in Essex, but due a raise soon (yeah right)

VW UP looks like a decent buy. I've heard the Aygo had some reliability issues though? With water leaking and stuff.

Also, what do you think about getting little cars like these in automatic? i've never driven an auto but it seems like it would be nice because I'm a lazy cunt desu. Just worried about not being able to downshift quickly when I need torque

Only idiots buy Smart cars.

This.

What's your budget

i would prefer manual down to reliability but if you are leasing it then maybe consider it but it's going to be gutless, what's your job?

Yeah, I thought as much. I still think it's a pretty little car though.

I'm not sure lad, I could do with some help figuring that out. I want to buy whatever will work out cheapest for me over the next ~5 years or so, including purchase price & running costs. Need to save for the future.

Ahh, I didn't know automatics were less reliable. That answers that.

I'm in IT.

support or something? how old are you (can matter for insurance) kind of shit wage for down south. honestly i would save your money and get a used jazz/yaris they will last for about 5 years and would require little maintenance imo

Just got a fucking 50cc scooter if a 1.2 CORSA is too much for you. Jesus.

Just buy a cheap Fiesta/Corsa dosed car (about £1k) and drive it into the ground. Rinse and repeat. I doubt you will need more than two £1k cars over a 5-year period. Don't lease. Don't buy a new car on finance.

These city memecars don't last at all well on British roads. They're too harsh for the cheap small components. And they're full of electrical gremlins that will start once the warranty runs out. And they're more cheap and plasticky than the older cars by cheapish brands like Ford or Vauxhall. Don't get an automatic small car ever.

Let me add to this - I earn 16k and can easily afford to run a 2004 WRX STi.

You must live at home with parents or you live with mates in a house share then. We don't know OP's circumstances.

I do like Hondas. Alright, thanks user.

Thanks for the constructive input m8

It is. 100mpg, cheap as fuck to buy, cheap as fuck to run. What more do you want?

mate i'm on a 80 grand and i drive a suzuki alto

Bullshit.

>not coming to brit meets
>not buying from friendly local Essex autists
DON'T HELP HIM

Thanks a lot lad, that makes sense. I do like to thrash my car (thank God for B-road commutes).

Circumstances aren't great desu. it's so expensive to live around here.

Not him but you also can avoid traffic jams because lmao filtering. You just need a CBT certificate, and you have two years to pass the 2-part practical. If you fuck up you do your CBT again then you have another two years to finish the practicals. It's amazing.

I can't bring a 14-year old 1 litre Corsa to a car meet lad, come on now

The aygo isn't a bad car. The aygo, citroen c1 and Peugeot 107 are all the same car but Toyota supply the engines. So you get Japanese reliability so you could choose whichever of the 3 you can find cheapest and still get a decent car. I've never seen any reliability issues, if you get one get the brake pipes inspected and undersealed as these are prone to corrosion.

renting or buying or living with parents?

>going to shitty Veeky Forums meets
Even the mlp meet threads on /co/ back in '10/11 weren't as autistic or cringe. Kill yourself my man.

renting, over half my income every month for a 1 bed flat

I'd rather kill myself than live in a house share

Do not buy a smart car. They're expensive and unreliable.

Just buy a Fiesta and be done with it.

Why can't you move back in with your parents? It's fucking madness to leave these days. I'm 28 and I live at home, purely because there's no fucking way I'm leaving until I can put a sizeable deposit down on a house. The money I save on paying my parents less in rent goes into the deposit account as well as a large chunk of my wages. Fuck anyone who tells you that you're immature for living at home. Renting is a fucking waste of money.

fucking hell can't live with parents or something, anyway look at something like this

should be more reliable than a fiesta/corsa

ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-HONDA-JAZZ-1-4-5-DOOR-HONDA-HISTORY-NICE-SPEC-VERY-CLEAN-IN-OUT-/152230957462?hash=item2371ac1196:g:K80AAOSw65FXqzAh

That's actually a steal.

get in there then or just watch the price, but at this mileage is when the cam chain might need to be replaced

I already own a car, m8. I'm not OP.

but you can bring a 14-year old 1 litre Micra to a car meet

it's not an option unfortunately, otherwise I'd do it in a heartbeat

pic related for the jazz

nice scenery, where was this? and what's that car on the left?

Hahaha oh wow

How the fuck m8. Are you a youngfag with zero no claims?

How much would it cost to insure a s15 silvia in bongland, if you are like 18 to 20? An r32?

Why don't you try getting a quote from a broker you lazy cunt?

21, 4 years no claims

i don't live in bongland

Use a UK proxy and search on GoCompare or something

That's fucking insane. I'm 28 and I have no no claims and I insure my 340bhp Focus RS mk1 (all mods declared) for 700 quid. I've only had my license for 3 years and I live in a shithole of crime and multiculti enrichment lmao.

try parked on the street, mileage 6000 and say you are a student (bit risky)

And add parents or even grandparents to the policy as named drivers.

Move to America

Seriously, I keep seeing from bong posters about how insurance is fucking your spirit out of your body. I feel like you don't get to drive what you love just from insurance.

Rates here can be piss cheap if you are a good lad, and in this country you get knife rights. Awesome, right?

But in America insurance companies are even more Jewish and many sates are no-fault.

as a bong, from what i can tell insurance rates in murica are all over the place. for every guy who pays $30/month to insure 4 interesting cars on a multi car policy there's another who pays $300/month to insure a shitbox.

in bongland though, lots of people seem to be turned off by higher road tax brackets for no good reason at all
>i can't get [older sports car] because it's in a high tax bracket, i'll get [new shitbox] instead because cheaper road tax
the new shitbox may cost many thousands more to buy, all for a saving of a hundred quid per year on road tax. and that is pretty insignificant to the other costs of running a car.