Driven manual for extensive time

>driven manual for extensive time
>driven automatic for extensive time
>go test drive 2016 Mazda Miata MX-5 manual
>eh

After driven automatic for so long I just don't see the flair of going back to manual. With manual it seems like I have to focus on something I shouldn't even have to, and that takes away from the driving experience for me. Also, I don't like how much force it requires to move the gear shifter knob.

after a while with a manual, it requires not much extra focus. you just know what gear you need to be in.
>Also, I don't like how much force it requires to move the gear shifter knob
do you even lift?

So buy an auto. Good luck with the resale value.

Are you gay?

Automatic transmissions are more enjoyable to drive because they let you focus on the thrill of driving and the road ahead instead of focusing on operating the clutch and shifting gears.

On public roads you should focus on the road with both hands on the wheel. Not steering with one hand wondering what gear your in or what rpm to switch to.

Manual might give you more control but nigger it isn't more fun to drive.

I do lift.

I'm actually homophobic.

Sometimes when I would try to shift to 1st coming into a rolling stop, it seems like it wouldn't let me either. I don't know whether this is a safety precaution or whatever but it definitely threw me off.

I'm sure if I got used to it, I'd be a lot more comfortable. I was also nervous test driving a 30k car I didn't own.

Just get an automatic frs like all the other poser faggots who stoplight race and lose to camrys, faggot.

>he shifts in a corner

I own a manual ND. 1st gear is harder to get into than the others, I suspect so people are sure they want to be in that gear before grenading the transmission at speed

Faggot. Be a man

I just feel like I'm going back to a primitive way of driving is all. Like with everything, the less amount of work you have to do, the better (except sex). I know it's most definitely because I've been driving automatic for so long, but I just don't see myself going back to manual.

>OP trying to justify his homosexuality
I don't care what you drive
Don't try and force your opinions on me.

Nice blog

>the less amount of work you have to do, the better (except sex)
>he doesn't fuck his car

so many manualbabies upset hahahah

>With manual it seems like I have to focus on something I shouldn't even have to
I feel like that when I see your thread in the catalog

>Also, I don't like how much force it requires to move the gear shifter knob.
I bet you also have issues with the big turney thing too.

>Trying to shift into 1st when the car hasn't come to a complete stop

This is a troll but ill bite.

>Automatic transmissions are more enjoyable to drive because they let you focus on the thrill of driving and the road ahead instead of focusing on operating the clutch and shifting gears.

>Manual might give you more control but nigger it isn't more fun to drive.

Yeah No

Get paddle shifters OP.

>Thrill of driving
>A car

> I don't like how much force it requires to move the gear shifter knob.

What the fuck is this thread ?

I do this all the time, my shitty car starts to bounce and shake if I go below 6mph in second.

people who write here about ''focusing on shifting and not on the driving experience'' have literally never driven a manual before. When you've driven for even a short while it becomes natural and you don't even think about it

Maybe I'm jut "not in the know" of how to drive manuals, but everyone I've ever had I would never do that in. A friend of mine forced his dad's frontier into first gear at like 3mph (He said he had to fight it) and completely ruined 1st gear. Every car I've had could handle dropping to second even below 5mph with no issues. I only ever shift into first if my car is at a complete stop.

Automatic more enjoyable in a vehicle that's offered with a proper manual transmission?

Its not like we're talking about a GT-R which is only avail in the twin clutch automatic transmission, you don't really have a choice.

This thread is the purest of cancer.

>I just feel like I'm going back to a primitive way of driving is all. Like with everything, the less amount of work you have to do, the better

Wait a few years and get a self driving car, then

>takes away from the driving experience for me
ok yeah, noting to be done about you it seems
stick to DCTs

Self driving cars are a meme.

Manuals get you more pussy anyways, the shifting turns girls on like crazy.

I understand how you feel. The only time it really matters that much is for control reasons in situations like drifting or rally racing where you wanna lock into 2nd or 3rd gear and redline it with the wheels spinning.

Cars have basically evolved to the point where we are actually considering self driving cars to be a viable thing within the lifetime of our grandchildren and its pretty cool desu. Fucking in cars while driving down the highway will be the equivalent to spacious interiors with shag carpets.

this
>itt retards who think shifting into first at any speed other than 0 doesn't damage the trans

>regular miata isn't gay enough

>within the lifetime of our grandchildren
Grandpa is that you?
self driving cars will be a thing before 2030

>not enjoying going through the gears

Newer auto miata can still be awesome, I drive one and and it;s perfect for me. I also love the retractable hard-top.

Good for you?

this pasta is stale

>this pasta is stale
t. butthurt auto fangurl

This. I have no clue what these morons are rambling on about. If anything, having a stick gives you more input than just flooring the gas.

Manual should be like riding a bicycle, are you a woman?

read the post I replied to carefully again.

Do you give your wife's son rides in that car?

I feel you OP. My first car was a manual and it put me off manuals because of a problem it had. The car wouldn't idle after it warmed up, so when I had to stop at lights or in traffic I needed to press down all 3 pedals or the car would stall and it wouldn't start up again until it cooled down. I hated that car and purposely let the engine seize up.

I do feel like a faggot though for being nervous to drive a manual now since it has been like 8 years since I touched one.