Redpill me on convertibles

Redpill me on convertibles

They're gay

They're only good for showing off your bald spot and looking like a attention whore. Enjoy your heavy and flexy chassis.

you're fucked in a rollover accident.
having your head decapitated in an accident is actually fairly common. It's why there are VERY few convertibles I will even consider.

I dunno man I don't want to live my life thinking "but there might be an accident" because if I get into that state of mind I'll never enjoy life.

I could kill myself tomorrow driving a volvo but I don't worry about it.

only faggots have convertibles.

T-tops are better

There are only a few convertibles I will look at and that BMW in your post is one of them. Look behind the seat.
Structural roll bars.

Don't most convertibles have roll bars now though? and even if not it's usually an easy modification.

Not saying that makes them as safe as a hard top but still

Open tops are only acceptable if the car in question never came with a hard top.

>Don't most convertibles have roll bars now though?
most but not all. The Mustang and Camaro convertibles don't have them. You only see the roll bars on 2 seater convertibles.

>volvo
i fucking doubt it

Sacrificing so much just to attention whore.

They are a bad decision, the only convertible I'll tolerate is a miata, and even then it better have a hard top otherwise you're a loser.
Resale value of a convertible will be lower too, nobody wants that shit.

attention whore? you get a sense of freedom driving top down, feels nice man

No one wants to see your bald spot

I'm 24, I don't have a bald spot.

Sorry to disappoint bro

It depends on what kind.
If it's a newer hardtop, then there's not going to be much difference between it and a fixed top. The seals will be perfect, the window will be glass and have a defroster, and AC and heat will stay in, and there's no drain rails or chances of holes.
Older soft tops can be really troublesome as they're the reverse of everything mentioned above. The biggest problem I have with mine, and no one ever tells you this, if it's hot outside, you're gonna get sweaty. If I'm driving somewhere far away and it's over 90 degrees or so, I have to pack deodorant, a rag, and a spare shirt, because by the time I get there, my back will be just completely soaked. I also have to wear sunscreen and a really tight hat (so it doesn't fly off)
That being said, driving with the top down is really the most fun you can have driving. NOTHING beats just cruising along county backroads on a nice autumn day with the top down, it doesn't matter if your car is slow.

First hat flew off. Bought a tighter one, was so tight that after my commute I had a red mark on my forehead.

In the end I just gave up and cut my hair shorter. Worth it.

Don't listen to those assholes. Convertibles are great, especially when you're trying to take some good shots from the outside of you giving head to your boyfriend.

Frankly, they're just damn awesome. The enhance the driving experience beautifully. Girls think they are sexy, and nothing looks better than a hot girl next to you in a slick convertible.

A sport convertible specifically would be your best bet.

>tfw 2 seat convertible but too much of a loser for a cute gf

>>convertible
>>not t-tops

Top kek m8

They just sound like a hassle and I don't like how they look with the roof "off" personally,

I want ultimate freedom of the open sky above me

targa tops are silly but the miata rf GOD FUCKING DDAAMMNNN

I love the ND but I'm not impressed with the RF.

I don't like how it looks with the roof down, I want that fastback crap gone when it's down.

As much as I dislike the NC I have to admit they hit the nail on the head with the PRHT, wish the ND had done that.

You're essentially buying a car with a feature you'll only use on weekends and will be a nuisance the rest of the week (if it's your daily car).

As long as it's not raining my commute to work and home is done top down

makes it more enjoyable

Whats wrong with the NC? I'm really thinking about getting one.

I don't hate it as a car it's just my least favourite generation of the Miata, I believe it's the largest and heaviest too.

I personally dislike the styling of the "face" on the front of it too.

Redeemable factors:
>nailed the PRHT
>Offer a trim with 1 exhaust either side of the car instead of both on one side

Test drive one and if you like it, go for it, rather than letting some losers on the internet sway your judgement. I'm just personally not that keen on it.

Uhhh /dbt/ wants a word.

Its great to sense the air around you without being a bikefag.

>Redpill me on convertibles
k

pic related

Just ride a motorcycle cuck

Hardtop in the Winter/Summer
Soft Top in the Spring/Fall
Best combo

If you have a convertible you should be top down in summer

Its 120f where I live in the summer. FUCK YOU.

This.
It's way too hot in the summer to drive top down where I live.

Damn son, that would kill my pale skin

But I'd just slap on sunscreen and deal with it

This seems like the right thread so....

WHERE THE FUCK is the PAGANI HUAYRA convertible REEEEEEE

It's been weeks since the pebble beach Concours d' elegance. Why haven't we seen it yet.

I'm assuming OP likes being alive

Alive outside but dead inside

Nothing. Veeky Forums hates on the nc because >pigfat but it's still substantially lighter than the S2000 and GT86. The prht adds minimal weight but since Veeky Forums only likes to benchrace it generally dislikes it.

Yes the ride height on NCs is too high from the factory but that can be fixed easily.

t. Prht owner

....said no one, ever

you literally just have a leaky gay impractical sunroof that's a bitch to use

Fucking this.
Pic related

Convertibles are the best if you live in a place that gets decent patches of good weather. If you buy a convertible and never drive top-down then you're a total fucking cunt.

good luck killing your self in a volvo buddy...

I had a 350z convertible 2 cars ago. I LOVED it (so-cal.)

Cruising at night with the heated seats going & the stars+full moon is 'the greatest.' The road noise with top up was bad. Leaked a little in the rain, but it was used when i got it.

Last car was NOT a convertible and I missed the Z so much.

Current car is a vette. I take the roof panel off every chance I get. It's the best of both worlds. I 'almost' got a soft-top 4 door jeep.

Oh and my gf sometimes doesn't like top down because of long hair.

>get a big bucket of water
>dump it on the rear deck of your car
>have someone sit in the passenger seat with a squirt gun spraying you the whole time you drive
>with the window open
there, exactly the same experience as owning a convertible, it fucking sucks.

No need.

Would race.

Convertibles are for women. It is as simple as that.

Women like to be seen unless they have emotional or self-confidence issues.

Anytime a vert is driving around there should be a woman in it otherwise it is lame as shit.

A man in a convertible will never be the Raul Duke they picture themselves in their genuinely retarded and broken minds.

Also when it comes to driving lol you are expected to have bars to supporr the car because half of it is literally missing. There is nothing gayer on earth than a man driving alone in his convertible Mustang.

Damn that looks good.

i hate bmws with a passiona but this looks sexy

3600lbs

kys

I just bought a new 2016 convertible car, having before only owned hardtop cars.

Honestly convertibles are impractical, tops will wear down, and are definetly a safety liability.

BUT

Woooo it is soo much damn fun to speed down a highway with a top down or just cruise through the streets feeling that good breeze. And yes you do get way more attention, especially from women :)

If your thinking about getting a convertible make sure you live in a good weather area and the top is good condition.

So to summarize

10/10 no regrets, will only buy convertibles or retractable hardtops from now on

>self-confidence issues

^This is the post about 'issues'.. insecure faggot won't drive something because he is worried about 'muh manhood.'

not driving "vehicle X" because "Y type" drives it

Also live in cali

Once you own a convertible car you cant go back to a hardtop anymore.

>driving a convertible anytime except winter during the day in a hot climate

Yeah I admit they can be nice, but mainly only usable at night for me

>That wheel being at that angle
I cry everytime.

Convertibles are fucking awesome and any stereotype that falls into them is generated by self concious sadistic stangfags. There is a huge market for them.

>confirmed for genuinely retarded, broken mind, loner who thinks hes Raul Duke

I always love seeing this pic.

There are only two reasons to own a convertible and both of them only apply if you have a second vehicle to daily drive and if the convertible is a reputable drive (i.e. not the uninspiring piece of German shit in your pic).

1. The vehicle was only manufactured as a convertible. (Miata, S2000, early Boxster's, etc.)
>or
2. The vehicle has a sonorous engine note that is better enjoyed in convertible form than coupe, especially if you had no plans to track the car regardless. (Corvette, V8 Camaro/Mustang, Ferrari's, etc).

Don't mind what these pre-pubescent bench racers call you, they're not old enough to realize that enjoying the drive is more important to some people than driving the fastest. As long as you don't go assuming your convertible is the fastest car in the world, you'll be okay.

I owned a convertible for 3 years. After that I was so disgusted with the downsides to convertibles I haven't owned another since and never will. Floppy, hot, unsafe loud. Enjoy your skin cancer, faggot.

How is it more enjoyable? You constantly have the sun beating down on you with no shade. You are almost completely exposed to anything flying into the car or any shit you drive through.

In mild weather areas or late in the afternoon

Sun wont bother you

Well I guess if you've never ridden an ATV, Motorcycle, Jetski or snowmobile I could see how the sensation might be foreign to you.

And since I'm assuming you're thinking of a convertible outside of the context I created within my post (i.e. it's a second car and shouldn't be a primary), you can go fuck yourself.

This coming from an user who lives in AZ and has a permanent disdain for the sun, to boot.

Holy shit, proof right here that convertibles are for the tardiest of the tards.

I live in AZ, I know what it is like being out in the sun for any length of time. It sucks dick after 10 minutes. Why the hell would you want a car that is designed to subject you to this. Oh I know only drive it at night, what the fuck is the point of owning a car only for that?

The only reason you would own one of these pieces of shit is because you are more than %50 woman and rather be uncomfortable to get attention.

Okay I live in Australia, so I know what the sun can do.

Let's just say it's your weekend car and you take it out on a nice early Sunday morning to fang around the hills. Early enough that the sun won't bother you. Also, nothing wrong with driving it top down on a hot summer's night letting the breeze cool you down.

There are still times when it's enjoyable. Very enjoyable

maybe you should try not live on surface of the sun and try convertibles some less smoldering hot place

You need to live in certain parts of the country to fully appreciate them without suffering serious weather consequences.

You need to have enough money where it doesn't matter if you throw it away on something impractical, sparingly used, and overpriced to repair.

You need to live in an area where people aren't going to target it for theft or abuse.

You need to be prepared for being lumped in with those who are shallow, compensating, memeing, and scumbag cokehead-rich.

If you fuck up in one or get in an accident in one, you're more exposed and more likely to suffer gruesome injury or death.

The cruise factor isn't nearly as cool or refreshing as it's made out to be, particularly if you live somewhere where its dusty, smoggy, or has a lot of insects and or birds.

In short, the wow factor isn't enough to counteract all the cons, unless you're part of a niche group of people where some or most of the above don't apply.

Itt: People who don't like to have fun

Less safe in a rollover is the most valid concern that has been posted itt. It is why I don't drive them anymore.

>Lives in Hot Desert Shit Hole
>Hates convertibles

Convertibles werent made for those places, drive one down cool pacific coast highway on a nice day and you will understand why they are better than hardtops

>Living anywhere in the world other than California

Seriously, why even bother?

>Inb4 politics

When I owned one I was in norcal. They are still shit for the same reason. Nice 75 degree day out, not when you are sitting in the sun baking.

I got a hard top for my miata, then bolted it down using spec miata plates and never took it off again.

You are a fucking idiot if you like soft tops.

>my 60-year-old mother DD's a convertable
>half of Veeky Forums can't deal with it

Convertibles are just cars, dude. You do you, dude. Don't have people turn you away from a type of car if you like it.
But for sure, make sure to keep that roof in good shape. They look pretty terrible if they're beat to shit, dude.

Sif women know about what's dangerous or not.
They just care about how they look

>Buys the most popular and beloved convertible car in the world

>Bolts down shitty hard top to it

Nice job on ruining a great convertible car

>sacrificing fun for practicality

who's the woman now?

Er..Touche

Bad hair day.
Noise.
Other people seeing you pull a brain noodle out your nose.

This. Convertibles exist to strut your bitch and drive in the breeze.

For me to have ruined it, it would have had to have been a good car in the first place. It wasn't

It's hard to have fun when you can't focus on driving fast because nature is all up in your shit.

lol cuck mad he rides in his vert stang alone

Only acceptable type of convertible.

Lincoln Continental.
Infact any American convertible landbarge a man can drive

Theyre fucking easy to steal

>ITT. man children with ugly girlfriends ot fat wives.

T tops are better

The S2000 also has a sonorous engine note though.

daily reminder that roadsters are the true enthusiast's car

OP you should get a real sports car.
If youre going bmw then get a standard diesel bmw which is the only good and safest value for the money.

Only owned one. I had a '89 Cabbie for a few months last year. Fucking loved that car.

"Redpill" you? This isn't fucking reddit, stop using that phrase.

YES it makes sense, sort of, in context. But it's cringey as fuck. Can't you just ask for the rundown? What's wrong with saying "what are the pros and cons of convertibles"?

Anyway, they're heavier and floppier (generally) chassis. Don't buy a performance car unless it's a straight line muscle car. Shitboxes like are a prime example of a car that's awesome as a convertible. However, think of something fast like a GTR or a McLaren; those would be fucking ruined as convertibles.