Welp, I finally did it, Veeky Forums. I joined the Crown Vic club with this 03 Grand Marquis...

Welp, I finally did it, Veeky Forums. I joined the Crown Vic club with this 03 Grand Marquis, and I don't think I did too bad:

>126k miles
>decently new tires
>seems to be running fine
>$1800

Anyone else want to post their land boats? I'm kind of excited because this is the first V8, as well as the first RWD car I've ever owned.

Other urls found in this thread:

repairpal.com/intake-manifold-may-crack-leaking-coolant-behind-the-alternator-408
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks comfy, make it 5 speed

Learn how to park properly, you phaggot.

I wasn't aware there was a swap. Can you elaborate a bit?

And yes, this is comfy as all hell. Still not used to column shift.

You didn't do bad at all. I paid 1200 for same but 92. That was 5 yrs ago tho and I fixed it til it broke. It had other issues that made me not wanna fux with it anymore like the window motor went out and it was retarded $ to replace. Had a deck, amp, and speakers. Never got around to putting a sub but I kept everything else. I badly want another one tho to make ultimate blunt cruiser for me and da homies.

Lol its a 4.6 on a regular rwd chassis anything a mustang has you can have.

The swap is 6k for the entire kit from a site called adtr

I'm just trying to figure out how hard it'd be to do all the cutting to fit it in.

lol nevermind, it's fine the way it is.

Significant. I mean if you have the means and tools for fab work its weekend warrior status. If not the cost of tools alone would make it stupid.

For a car that's going to cost me about 2200 in the end, I think I'll pass. I'm interested in throwing those P71 spec struts on for tossing around corners, but I don't know where to get them, or if I'd need to swap out the whole suspension to see a difference.

Looks clean as hell, user.

Get that headlight fixed, though, it's bothering me!

Good call. They are for blunt cruising and its hard to smoke a blunt and shift. I know this. Also I mean getting your handling up on a grand marquis is rather pointless as everything on them is softer for more comfort.

DUDE

take veeate.
put in miat.
best $1800 you'll ever spend.

Yes?

That was a hell of a deal considering it is still in good condition.

I paid $2000 for my 1996, and ran it until the dreaded Intake Manifold Coolant Leak that Grand Marquis/Crown Vic have a reputation for

> repairpal.com/intake-manifold-may-crack-leaking-coolant-behind-the-alternator-408

No chance that's isolated to that year range, is it? I think I got the price I did because there's a lot of little things (the bumper is cracked from a snow bank, the hood needs new struts, it needs a new belt, the seats had a small cigarette burn).

That's what happened to mine tore it all down and put back together but it wasn't quite right and as mentioned before the window was broke rain got in. I washed my hands of the situation in frustration and sold it to a pick an pull.I think it was 90$ limited I've 4 other 4.6s from the new millennium and haven't encountered it. They will blow a specific spark plug but this isn't a hard fix really after it happens.

I've heard about the spark plug, but I think they fixed it by '03. I think. At 126k I don't think it'll happen anytime soon. I'm more worried about when I wrap it around a tree because I already started doing donuts in the dirt lot by the boat ramp in town.

I believe it was 1995-2001

So you should be in the clear

Some local yokel bought it off me for $1800 to haul his family's RV around. Rumor has it that it is still on the road to this day. But I just couldn't afford to give it the love it deserved at the time.

The pic is the exact moment I realized I was probably gonna hafta say goodbye to it.

Personal experience is post 03 and higher mileage than that. The threads just failed for no reason. Very frustrating but as I said not too prohibitive of a fix I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Do I have to swap a head, or can I just pay someone to bendix it?

>he fell for the Crown Vic meme

my condolences OP

No both happened to vehicles owned by my dad so he had a mechanic do it and they just put replacement threads on a sleeve in. Idk what bendix is.

Bendix is just where they re-sleeve the hole, like your dad did. It's probably not used anymore, I learned it from a mechanic from way back in the day.

>look, guize! i joined the crown vic club
>look at this car that isn't a crown vic

top b8

why so h8ful

glad you finally got admitted into an old folks' home, user!

It's a Crown Vic, retard.

it's a grand marquis

it's a grandpa car instead of a fedora car

Crown vic isn't a fedora car. It's either an "I'm poor but want a V8 car" or an "I wish I was a cop" car.

How reliable are they? I see a lot of early 2000s crown vics on craigslist for under 3k.

the engine wont fail you, but there are a lot of electrical gremlins and if you're not OCD about everything working it should be fine

I don't know how you did it, OP. I just couldn't deal with how big the Crown Vic I drove felt. I was always afraid of clipping parked cars.

They're pretty dang reliable, I have a 2011 vic P7B (police package) with 105k miles on it and it hasnt failed me, theyre so fun in the winter here in quebec, canada.