/ywg/ - Yo-kai Watch General #69.5

Previous Thread:
The return of motemote~ Edition.

YO-KAI WATCH 2 IS OUT NOW, GET TO BEFRIENDING

Join the discord to make friends and battle others!
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

The Yo-kai Watch 2 Demo is out on the e-shop! Tell your friends to give it a try!

Yo-kai Watch 3 is out in Japan! Details here!
youkai-watch.jp/yw3/

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo for the first game was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game. The demo for 2 was slightly better.
It's heavily recommended to skip the first game and go straight for Yo-kai Watch 2.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai Watch 1 FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a Pastebin for all your Yo-kai Watch 2 FAQ needs:
pastebin.com/JVBgWF8s
We're working on an FAQ for Yo-kai Watch 2 now! This includes event passwords and QR codes, Poking tips, Door locations, and other good shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

yokaishopping.tumblr.com/
pastebin.com/gY6BjrXu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Inaho in santa suit is cute! CUTE!

>last thread just died
I think we're on our last legs guys....

Oh get that buhu out of your room. This isn't the first time threads die

I do wonder why Yokai struggles so much on the internet though.

Just wont catch on.

Just kinda feels like there isn't anything left after beating it. Post game is okay but there isn't much.

Not shocking, Ni No Kuni's endgame was also kind of disappointing outside of a couple of battles
>beat everything
>only thing you get is a car that's kind of fast but you don't remotely need because you got a goddamn dragon forever ago

>see the legendary bird flying in the sky
>can never interact with it
I was so hyped when I saw this thing in the sky, shame it's just an easter egg, or a hidden detail whatever you wanna call it.

Ni no kuni's post game was actually interesting, that last quest-line and the final reveal about the weird bunny-head guy's identity was neat IMO. The car reward was just a silly thing. Yokai watch has the infinite inferno but it doesn't really feel all that important.

I'm interested in getting the 1st game, how good is it?
Torn between that and the new Phoenix Wright.

Compared to 2 it's bland. Honestly I'd skip the first game and go for the second game (bony spirits/fleshy souls). More to do, not too much knowledge of 1 is needed, and has online pvp. Australia recently got yw2, so if you're in Europe you can import the game from there to play it.

Skip the first game and go straight for the second if you plan on getting YW. It's a way better experience overall.

Yeah YW2 or if you are pirating play the first 2 hours of yw1 then go to 2 just so you get the main cast setup.

Or i guess watch the first 2 eps of the show.

Anyone else feel like online battles drag on? Every attack seems to take five seconds to load and I sometimes have yo-kai switch in with their Soulimates activated during the lag. I could also just have a shitty connection.

You just have a shitty connection, I haven't personally had any issues.

Need less discord

I figured as much. Looks like I do have to upgrade my connection and see if my roommates are cool with a two dollar price hike to play my vidya.

Battle system turns a lot of people off.

Now that Nintendo has a new system i hope we get a game that looks more like the YW beta footage. Or more cosmetic stuff like switching clothes and hair styles, or having much larger worlds to explore.

I saw someone mention that they got Pandanoko just before the second Yo-kai Watch came out.

Is it possible to get Pandanoko in the first game by Self-StreetPassing? I need to know if I'm wasting my time using three 3DSes.

It's a shame. Even positive reviews don't really do a good job explaining the advantages of having a battle system like YW's, I find.

Makes me wish I could do my own videos on stuff like that, but I have a little girl voice and a shitty laptop so I guess I'll stick to fanart.

I want a YW game on the Switch, but to be honest I always thought the beta footage looked kinda... bad. Cosmetically, at least. Also think the camera should be just a tad bit farther from the character.

I'm also a bit concerned about how the battle system would work without a touchscreen, unless that tablet does have touchscreen capabilities and I missed that.

The camera could stand to be zoomed out a little, i agree. And really i guess you could say the beta only looks good is because you get a closer look at the character models and environment. Which i would like to see more personally.

As for the battle system as much as i kind of enjoy what the game does i really wouldnt mind them trying something new. Ideally something less RNG reliant. More like an actual party you can control and build and customize the skills and talents of.

Personally, I'd like them to keep the "Yokai attack on their own" aspect. Even when they changed up the battle system in YW3 they kept it, and it was nice to see them commit to such a weird idea that they started with the first game. I think it's part of the series' identity at this point.

Maybe you as the protagonist could fight along side your yokai and have direct control over your actions, while occasionally giving out specific orders to your team while they fight on their own most of the time?

Would also like a new protagonist, for the game to take place in a city, and for the Yokai World itself to play a large role but those are just really specific wants of mine, personally.

I've noticed that sometimes the framerates seem to be locked very low in online battles. I'm guessing it's for compensation of some sort, but it's pretty annoying.

bamp

Anyone got a Tigappa to trade? The crank is killing me.

I got a spare

Sweet. Adding you. Want anything in particular? I don't have a lot but maybe something.

Whatever's good

Alright. Whenever you're ready.

Thank you very much.

Rip /ywg/. If you losers were cool we could talk about YW3 and Sukiyaki more

All the injectorbros left and a lot of people followed I guess.

I keep seeing injecting and I'm interested. Googling gives me homebrew Save Editors, is that what it is?

On a side note, do I need to be far in the game to befriend Sailornyan/Robonyan F and other item encounters? Or is the befriend rate pretty low?

Can't speak for injecting, but you can get Sailornyan / Robonyan F pretty early, especially if you get some good rank S pulls from the crank-a-kai. Befriend rate is pretty low, so might be good to get to rank C / model zero watch so that you can use popularity and/or poke.

>mfw people left because they couldn't cheat anymore
Is this what video games have come to?

Oh sweet, will work on that first then, thanks user.

bump

How can i befriend the wicked yokai?

Traveling through time when Shinuchi comes here.

Elites shouldn't be befriendable by normal means, but some of the possessed kaimakai can be obtained via special crankakai coins

Why is Blizzaria such a bitch?

Because Swellterrior denies her his friendship.

Rightfully so, mind you.

being cute comes with a cost.

fuck slimamander

Slimamander isn't for lewd, you silly user.

imagine the middle mouth on your shaft and the side ones on each nut.

uuunnnhhh

>about to cum
>Soulimate activates

He is for hug not for fug!

Slimamander a cute! CUTE!

I really dont know what they were thinking with that kind of skill

bump

Are you female?

Busters needs to come out soon

I'm doing the text reviews for Yo-kai merch I buy, good or bad, but I've been told to try videos for the sake of someone making them that ISN'T shilling for YouTube bux or isn't a child.

What should I do? A silent video with a voice-over added afterwards? All I have to record is an iPhone.

Personally the videos i tend to enjoy more are the ones that have voice added on after editing and getting it ready. Doing it live and on the fly can be good too but only if you're used that sort of thing or can read from a script well.

I've tried doing live videos before, but I'm really shy for that kind of thing and the lighting in my room is shit. I can't really afford lighting or accessories right now.

I think it's best to work with what you got, instead of trying to do things in your videos just for the sake of it. If you dont want to or dont have the means to make a live video well then just do the next best thing.

Then don't do videos then ya dip. If it isn't entertaining then there's no point. It'd just be 'man, this guy's videos are shit, guess I'll go watch memesmash man'

>just for the sake of it
What do you mean?

Like if you know you dont have the chops or the equipment to pull off a live video dont just do it cause you think it'll get more views or be more accessible.

I'll stick to text reviews that no one will read, then.

Shilling Time yokaishopping.tumblr.com/

I personally don't mind written reviews.

It's nice sometimes when you can just read a review in few minutes to get all the info you need instead of having to sit through a 10 minute video with maybe only 5-6 minutes of useful information and the rest being useless shilling and self promotion.

But after reading a few of your reviews, I can see where video could be helpful. Maybe just continue with written reviews but create videos of specific features of a product and insert them into your reviews, which would help the reader understand a little bit more about the product.

For example, maybe for your Yokai Watch U Prototype review, insert a few short videos showing the intensity of the light on the watch when a medal is inserted, the quality of the sound and the difference in sound quality between when its being worn opposed to when its just the watch itself.

Doing it this way will allow you to still be a shy, mute user but also include the benefits of seeing the watch in action and not in a still format, such as a picture.

I'm not saying not to include pictures because those have their benefits as well but after reading your review, I'll admit I was more than a little curious of how the whole action of inserting a medal and the ensuing action would look.

Doesnt matter if the speech is dubbed over later or done at the time.

Just get the merch out and show it from all angles, get like one of those rotating platforms if you want. I think it's most important to just have good footage instead of a shaky cam while you turn the items around in your hands.

Why do youkai pee if they are ghosts?

they eat too. No idea.

Why do they eat? They pretty much just seem to do whatever's convenient for them. If they can eat they'll eat, if they can sleep they'll sleep.

Why?

>>
>I'm not saying not to include pictures because those have their benefits as well but after reading your review, I'll admit I was more than a little curious of how the whole action of inserting a medal and the ensuing action would look.
At least it made you curious about the watch, I guess.

But yeah, that's a good idea to actually show footage of any problems or positive things I talk about.

>Tfw Wydeawake when should not be Wydawake

Why shouldn't you be?

Cause it's way too late

Depends on what you need to do

Yeah, and it's not much but I think of it this way, if I wake up earlier and get all I need taken care of then, that frees up more time for YW. Just a matter of putting it down first

pastebin.com/gY6BjrXu

In-progress but for bump's sake.

So is hikkikomori rich? Seems like it...in the second movie she was riding a limo and also bribed the guards with solid gold

>She
Stop this shit. He's a boy and this has been said many times.

I was too lazy to put he/she. I dont care about its gender...i just picked one and went with it.

Thank god for slimamander allowing me to cut down all these critnyans

Very rich actually, but all that attention isn't good for him, which is often why he hides in the closet.
Don't remember how he got rich though

IIRC, the stock market.

Yes.

I sound younger than I should, though.

Anybody ever figure out what these are for? Is there a trophy for finding them all or something?

No one I've asked has any fucking clue.

Probably just for collection's sake and aesthetics. Seems like the only way to get more aside from quests is the lottery

But they're not even naked, why bother.

Anyone else kind of disappointed that there were no Cryptid Yokai in Yokai Watch 3? There could have been Bigfoot and Mothman yokai

>tfw there will never be another yokai with a design as good as this

I actually like Furgus a little better. He's still cute, though.

what does he look like underneath all that hair? Anyone thought about giving him a 'shave?'

He's just a ball of hair.

I went back and threw in an older video I did using a medal with the U Prototype, but in the future I'll start putting in small videos when the review calls for it.

Thanks for the suggestion.