Nissan 350z

I am going to buy it used, what do you guys think? Is there anything I should look out for?

>Is there anything I should look out for?
A different car

Friend has one they seem to be decently reliable cars, he doesent know shit about cars and bought it for looks but it still runs great at 75000+ miles. The door handles tend to warp because the silver is not actually painted but is actually a foil. Other than that everyone will think you are a boy racer.

Google is your friend, this question is literally posted each week.

The 2003-2004 model motors were non rev up type producing like 287HP.
The 2005 and 2006 model years uses the higher reving motor producing 300HP.
The 2007 and 2008 used a 307HP but with slighlty less torque

The 2005 and 2006 are rev-up which are known to eat oil like crazy.

2003-2004 trannys are shit, syncros will go out, but nothing that will make it undrivable.

Anything else, probably not, look for unriced ones, vq engines are solid so high mileage is not a problem, mainly those 2 issues.

i wish you were buying the one in ur pic

only acceptable car on this platform is the G37.

Good car it will spank s2ks all week stock for stock, not to mention frs/brz fags will lose every time. Anyone that hates on this car has no concept of how good this thing is for the sub $10k price range.

over weight and ugly no thanks

miata might be more your speed faggot.

g37 looks great and is only 100-200lbs heavier than the 350z.

oh im sorry are you triggered :^)
a 350z owner doesnt care about miatas m8

Heres the thing if you want a track car buy the 350/370 if you need more seats and dont care about performance/handling buy the 35/37.
Honestly the 37 just looks fat and ugly the 35 is just better of the two.

fpbp

Is the 350z faster than the WRX

An older one, yes
A newer one is like 285 so maybe

buddy weight matter to some people maybe you should git gud and read on power to weight ratios and how they act on vehicle performance,

oh wait were on Veeky Forums and everyone here likes to pretend to know shit about cars and the mechanics of them when only 10% of us on here actually do.

OP have you test driven one yet?

No I havn't driven it yet. I just kept seeing great deals for non salvaged ones on cragslist with under 120K miles on them

>The 2005 and 2006 are rev-up which are known to eat oil like crazy.
this, oh god this

sure, weight matters. but boyracers on Veeky Forums are not good enough drivers to tell the difference between a little bit more weight.

But it won't be as fun or feel as good. It's a 3200lb FR that feels like a 4000lb Maxima. And only a HR will be quicker than a S2000.

lmao this.

Unless you are planning on track days the 350z isn't worth diving into. It is a very capable car but the main reason the Fairladies have always had a bit of a following was for its style. This goes back to the Datsun dayZ.

If you like Nissan that much you really should get into their older cars, especially imports. They're significantly cheaper, more fun to drive yet just as capable and you will actually turn more heads if you are only in it for a pony car membership.

Had a 2006 for a couple years. I loved it but the gas mileage was horrible. The only thing you need to do is top off the oil every month or so and you'll be fine. It was very reliable for me.

>Is there anything I should look out for?

Any car that has an especially low front should be checked to see if you can drive it where you expect to go.

For example, if your workplace has a certain tall speedbump, you'll never be able to park it in your work parking lot. Or if you live in a HOA that is going to implement taller speed bumps, you might find your car unable to even get to your driveway. My HOA stopped all low riders (that are unable to elevate) by having speedbumps at the entrance and various other places.

FUCK.

What if I go really slow over the speed bumps

And make sure your tires are inflated to the proper pressure. If they are under-inflated, then the car will be low on the speed bumps.

Standards are also good. My city makes new curbs up to the standard height and no more. That is fortunate since my car's air dam might touch a curb stop, but the hard fascia is a mere 0.75 to 1 inch above the concrete. Kind of scary the first time I absent-mindedly got too close to the curb.

Now I am always paranoid and never let my front get near a curb or one of those parking blocks if it looks "tall".

But nissans are garbage

That's why you shouldn't buy any car you cannot actually drive anywhere but perfectly level roads. My dealer was selling a garage queen corvette that was was really low to the ground. Both myself and the salesman said that we couldn't drive that car home due to either a highly sloping driveway or tall speedbumps. Not that we'd impulsively buy such a car in the first place.