Old Gas Smell?

I found an old truck in the wood and took the gas cap off to smell for gas, but what was inside smelled like nasty aged wine or really strong liquor. Why would 30 something year old gas be so pungent?

>Why would 30 something year old gas be so pungent?
Because gas goes bad

Gas doesnt last forever dingus

Oxidation.
Most things react with oxygen over time.

That's why things that don't are considered so valuable, like gold

I am aware that its not good anymore, my question was why does is smell like wine?

Because it's essentially wine at this point. I wouldn't drink it but it's mostly alcohol and lead now.

Thank you for your answer

Ding ding ding get high

Probably because the aromatics have all evaporated leaving behind the heavier organics that some microbes were able to ferment once the killer aromatics were gone.

Is this a serious post? I've never heard of aromatics being used to reduce the presence of microbial byproducts in gasoline.

The lighter fractions just evaporate...
No one's saying they're used for antimicrobial properties

I'm really gassy tonite i keep farting little farts i can feel them 10 minutes before they're released it's really uncompfterble

Try eating fewer potato chips.
Resistant starch is good, but in moderation.

You were most likely smelling a mixture of fuel and stagnant water that seeped into the tank over the years.

I was confused by
>killer aromatics

That makes sense, benzene vaporization does require lower enthalpy than long hydrocarbons do.

Thanks user for reminding me why I failed orgo.

Dude this is the second thread I've seen you on

If I see you on a third I'm keking

I found a pic of OP.

Veeky Forums - organic chemistry

My bootyhole releases nice smelling gas, better than the smell of wine

It's those aromatics that cause denaturing of microbes. Once those aromatics evaporate off, the microbes can then exist without being killed (denatured).

>cool! look! An old truck!
>I should smell it's gas!
What went through your mind OP? Be honest.

b i s m u t h s u b s a l i c y l a t e
i
s
m
u
t
h
s
u
b
s
a