Battle Of The Box Trucks!

Hello, Veeky Forums. I've been getting a major hardon for 1980s box trucks and one WILL be in my possession within the month.

Which one & why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vykd2NCEfkY
fortsmith.craigslist.org/cto/5742115465.html
youtu.be/Msd5ltrMd3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=ShiKM3OibGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reliability: Ford
looks: Dodge
mediocrity: Chevy

Dodge if you want something different
Ford if your girl is gona drive it
Chevrolet if you plan to use it

Also box and tuck of my choice

Naw m8.
The Dodge will literally break in half before the engine ever gives you trouble.

>The Dodge will literally break in half before the engine ever gives you trouble.
I thought that was Toyota.

Retard

Honestly just choose what brand you prefer.
They're the same.
>bronco/blazer/ramcharger use Dana front diff's, new process transfer case, bendex brakes,
If you rebuild one, Moog makes suspension/steering parts for all of them.

Explain so I can tell you where you went wrong.

If you can find a w150/w250 that isn't rotted to fuck then get her. And whoever considers buying an old ford should kys.

80s Ford trucks are literal junk
73-79 Fords are good but only with the 460 engine
-owned a 79 F250

70s/80s Chevys are good but are very prone to bed rot. 350 and 454 engines are great and common
-own a 78 c10 and a 83 k10

80s Dodges are great. Some like to rot and some don't. 318 and 360 LA engines are strong, common and bulletproof
-own a 85 W150 and a 87 Ramcharger

70s Dodges are GOAT. They're uncommon depending on your location and have a great look.
The 318 and 360 LA are as stated above, the 70s trucks also came with the 383 and 400 B engines and 440 RB engine. All 3 are big blocks

youtube.com/watch?v=vykd2NCEfkY

After seeing this video, I desire an identical truck.

1987 Chevrolet Step Side 4x4 V10 Pickup -

$**19500**

fortsmith.craigslist.org/cto/5742115465.html

my DICK

Rebuilt 5.7L 350 V8 TBI, 4884mi

4spd THM700R4

>I can't afford this truck for at least 2-3 years

Why live?

Dodge, of course.

80's chevy's are prone to rust, especially on the rocker panels and wheel wells, but they're objectively the best looking imo, no shortage of oem/aftermarket parts, and a literal autist could wrench those fuckers with no problem.

t. '87 C10 owner

>80's fords are junk
>literally more of them on the road today than same era Chevy's and dodges combined.

I've owned multiple fords and gm trucks from every decade from mid 60's to 2000.

Fords are by far the best. Which is why you rarely see cheevy or dodge tow trucks- they break down too often under heavy use.

*Ute

I have basically the same exact ford as in that picture, and let me tell you, the 300 inline is fucking amazingly bulletproof. I guarantee you the truck will fall apart around the motor before the motor dies.

Aussie get out.

I had both a 84 Ram with the 318 and 82 Chevy 2500 w/305. The Fords of that era look kinda weak. If I were to choose now I'd lean towards the dodge they look badass. pic related is my second choice.

>mediocrity

Bitch please.

Go chevy op, they're cheaper and better looking. As long as the frames good and rust isn't everywhere you won't regret it.

Pic is my daily, not a single regret.

85 3/4ton with over 400k miles on it, odo finally quit around 375k, things rusty in the cab corners, cab is twisted from being tboned in the early 90s, it just keeps going and taking the abuse of heavy work and gives zero fucks. full pallet of paver stones and more in the bed.

>Beds with stepsides
MUH DICK

>dodge owner only cares about how "badass" his truck looks

Typical fucking dodge owner.

Buy a real truck faggot. These can be had for the same price or cheaper than a good condition 80s truck

>Not getting a 1st gen Doge with a 12 Valve Cummins.

git gud

Pick the one that is the least beat, in the best shape, and more importantly is least rusty. You can't go wrong with any of the big three 80's trucks.
youtu.be/Msd5ltrMd3Y

youtu.be/Msd5ltrMd3Y

Those rims give my dick a hardbody

ikr, wonder where all of them went because I sure as hell have never seen any

Ford
video related
youtube.com/watch?v=ShiKM3OibGQ

Daily drove a 1979 Chevy to work for about 12 years, never any major problems.