First car

Hi Veeky Forums
Audi 80 2.3 133HP gasoline is good for first car?

Other urls found in this thread:

motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39033&hilit=b4 avant rally
audifans.net/ftopic-23739-days0-orderasc-quattro-0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Car is reliable
Engine sounds good
Engine works without electronics
Throttle body can be increased in size

noice shitbox/10

My dad had one of these in the early 90's

If you can find one in that color, hell yeah. Take pics if you get.

I have only 1 pic

BTW i can get this car for 500 euro

>Engine works without electronics
>ke-jettronic
Ancient forgotten technology/10

Electrics Electrics Electrics... Had one of these babies. Was an awsome drive but man electric issues... killed ma wallet

just pull the cable on the Mengenteiler and it runs without the two electronic units

Wut? Were are u from?

Kupiłbym (Would buy). Unless it's rusted, then that's clearly had an accident before (the body comes galvanized (?) from the factory) and requires deeper look into. That 5 cylinder sound is great but instant LPG conversion is necessary not to get broke with fuel bills.

Engine is bulletproof, body is galvanized so it won't rust, not many electronics to fuck up. Solid car if well maintained.

Not him but I bought one for £350 here in the UK.

my god...a $500-$1000 car here in the usa would be covered in rust have over 200k miles and be shit

you euros are lucky

>$500-$1000 car here in the usa would be covered in rust have over 200k miles and be shit
That's why you can see posts and youtube videos of that or cheaper cars bought in us in not bad condition? Yeah, no. It depends on your luck wherever you are. Don't expect this one (it's polish, I'm Pole and I know exactly this price range market enough) to be good. It's only something good FOR not a big price. It might not even start when OP gets there.

Lithuanian here. A 500 euro Audi 80 is expected to be in near mint condition over here, as 300 euros will get you a running Audi 80 with valid technical inspection.

Living in Western Europe, I don't think I've ever seen a rusty car

This

A genuine ultra low mileage showroom condition Audi 80 will set you back maybe £2k here

Does it at least have Quattro?

Quattro conversion on a B4 is the easiest AWD conversion ever, so he could even do that himself if he wanted.

i live in cleveland ohio

Nope. Non-quattro has different rear chasis. You'd have to weld half of the car.

On a B3 and Coupe the FWD versions have a different floor pan and chassis, but on a B4 all the mounting points for the Quattro stuff are there, threads tapped and all. They're just covered up by rubber plugs.

I've got b4 avant fwd few years ago. It's not bolt on.

It's been confirmed plenty of times on Audi forums, a Quattro rear subframe bolts right on.

The problem is that you don't know anything about electricity and neither does the person working on your car, so you end up spending lots of money and not fixing anything.

I wish I could have an Audi 80 or an A4 as my first fkin car.

Insurance in UK for young male drivers is over 1k for a 1.4 shitbox...

Cancer country

I had 80b4 as my first car. It was rusted to holes and cost fkin 3.5k those time. With 2.0 monoinjection it was so slow and boring. I wish I had some Lada.

If not for my discount I've managed to get registering a moped years ago, I'd pay 1.2K for my 0.9 shitbox so don't complain, just put dad in the title if you can't manage to save up that much.

Audi b4 and s2 owner here, the other guy is right.

Poland

I've seen build logs of people doing it, though.

This one for example:
motorgeek.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39033&hilit=b4 avant rally (has the mounting holes but no threads, so I was wrong there)
and this:
audifans.net/ftopic-23739-days0-orderasc-quattro-0.html (some people reporting their mounting holes do have threads in them)

It's still one of the easiest AWD conversions out there.