Worst car interiors

lets see some of those ugly/too busy/impractical interiors

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BddgVkX_e70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Other than it being a TT and having a retarded HVAC layout I don't see too much wrong with it. Looks uncluttered, if a bit plain.

>the airvents

What car's that? Looks comfy

one of the most hideous i've ever seen

>complaining about the one Audi interior of that era that was almost intetesting

It had a bunch if bespoke pieces to fit with its overall design aesthetic. And you're complaining that it wasn't all black plastic and brushed metal like everything else from Audi at the time.

You have shit taste and you're the reason cars are boring.

>he's the reason cars are boring
>he hates a car that is boring inside and out
Fuck off, that interior looks horrible. If those vents were flat and flush with the dash MAYBE it would look okay. It looks like a frog.

Audi always has the worst interiors and always has, but this is laughable and sets a new standard for bland bullshit by VAG

>audi drivers

Literally no taste. How's being the most unreliable German automaker going?

i feel bad for you

I almost like this in a strange way.
It's just so official and businesslike.

Why the hell are you people hating on this? It's what yiu fagg/o/ts always want. Practical, not cluttered, barebone aesthetics

>sets a new standard for bland bullshit by VAG

Needs to be past tense, user. That interior is 17 years old. But don't worry. The next generation of the TT was boring again.

>audi drivers

Unlike most of Veeky Forums I'm capable of liking a car that I don't own.

*you fagg/o/ts
Fuck proofreading

>cheap plastic dashboard
>terrible aircon vents
>dat gearstick shroud
>bad HVAC position
It's aesthetically horrible.

It's like Japan decided they want to have a plastic beach inside a car.

Sets, set, I was being figurative. That's obviously not a new interior user, no one is that dense and you should accept that before trying to make yourself look smart.

Obligatory

Says you! Everything in that interior is well-mannered and functional. This one too, for that matter.

>I was being figurative

Whatever, bitch. Keep encouraging companies to make boring black plastic shit while you complain that car design is deteriorating.

ford new edge with its big blob centre consoles

holy shit that is hideous

Bland >>>>>> cluttered.

something is very unsettling about the shapes
even more so in person it gives the claustrophobic impression of being surrounded by some sort of bloated un dead creature
like if the fat zombies in doom 3 were made of living plastic
or if grimer from pokemon was hiding in your car

it really is so ugly it's unsettling, especially in that purplish color

What? The Audi interior was LITERALLY boring and plastic shit, and I said I didn't like it. Are you feeling okay?

FWIW car design is in fact deteriorating so I don't know what you're trying to say. You are one incoherent motherfucker.

it's funny if you compare how good materials they use nowadays

>that stitching on the seat

if by business you mean shitty rental car, then yes

center console looks like one of those cheap paper shredders

upper trim aeros from that era have literally the most comfy front seats ever made

Still tasteless tho.

It's like my eyes are being raped.

Fuck, I actually really like that.

>vents to keep your ballsack fresh and dry

I like this

>everyone in the automotive press disagrees with me but I'm right.
t. Busrider

I actually grew to really like that in my '12 Civic. Materials weren't the greatest (not the worst either among compacts at the time). But the high mounted digital speedo, the angled center dash towards the driver, the display screen also up high so you didn't have to look down at the stereo when driving. I didn't mind the 'space shuttle" aesthetic of it at all. No rattles in 4 years and 53k miles even in the dead of winter on bad roads, for what it's worth.

Omfg, this is literally made for nigger rappers.

I posted this in best interior but I think it'll fit here too.

Jesus fuck why

Holy moly

>saturn ion
I learned how to drive stick in one of those. That interior is nostalgic but gross

Dodge Caliber?

Now I know why Top Gear said it was so plasticy. This is awful.

I've always wondered about the reasoning for putting the gauge cluster in the center, it seems completely retarded to me

It may seem dumb, but the gauges are actually closer to where you'd normally be looking when driving. You have to move your eyes less for a quick glance at the gauges.

There's also the argument that it'd make for easier RHD conversions for those markets, but that's a minor bonus at best.

>"lets place the instrument panel in the center of the dash, so have too turn our head everytime we want too check the speed"

this reminds me of playstation 2 graphics for some reason

>teal on teal

reminds me of 90s jap sports cars. im surprised audi made such a shit dash.

BROWN BROWN BROWN BROWN

They do that to save money selling cars in both RHD and LHD

also any cadillac interior is trash, same with the shit korean brands

>same with the shit korean brands
this
not because it's such a bad design or terrible quality materials, but because it's all directly ripped off from another brand

Pretty sure its an Aztek...

I mean, Fiero with a body kit.

Why would anyone have to turn thier head to see what is half of a degree from the center of their vision? Its closer to looking straight ahead than the standard location.

couldn't have said it better myself. fuck hyundai/kia

>53k miles
>2012

>mfw my 2015 has 53K miles on it
Derp

>Multi-million dollar car
>TPMS light

>Not loving the semi-symmetric aesthetic

Poor taste user.

Fuck thats ugly

I did a 5 hour drive in my car which has mixed cloth and leather seats and it made me REALLY want a car that blows cold air though the seats, but that only seems to be a thing on S-Classes

official theme song of this car
youtube.com/watch?v=BddgVkX_e70

I just sold my 2012 with 235k on it

Holy fuck did you drive non stop?

>drove it at least 200 miles a day 5 days a week every week for 4 years
That's one long ass commute m8

Honestly I like this one. It feels like I am in a space ship. Maybe that is because I am a poorfag and used to shit cars.

What car was it user?

That's what I have been doing and I drive an Escape. It's not a fun ride to be honest with you.

>Implying you only drive to work that's 100 miles one way

Nuoh my god

Yeah when I first bought it I was using another car for long road trips, the Civic literally sat in a garage for like 3 months. After that I had a short commute for 2 years (8 miles each way) although I was doing 200 mile round trip drives almost every weekend to visit my gf.

Ended up selling it this summer when I found myself driving my 4Runner more and more, especially with how cheap gas is.

Confirmed

JUST

what were they thinking? were the 90s the worst time for car interiors?

r8 my interior
Don't even bother mentioning the transmission

>automatic

I expect an auto in a Honda desu. The interior is pretty decent but the knobs on that head unit are shit ugly.

The perfect sim racing rig

pretty nice user, that was one of the last good honda interiors before they went full retard

pic related is mine, its horrible but i got used to it

Can you samefagging shill stop ruining every thread I see

Hi friend

my nigga, at least you have a manual. hatch or sedan?

Toyota Avalon does that. Fucking amazing car.

Car interiors from the 70's and 80's were more luxurious and gaudy because that's what people came to expect from a place where they spend a lot of time in. However in the 90s, the aesthetics for car exteriors had become more aerodynamic for fuel economy and emissions related reasons so that style was introduced for interiors. Unfortunately at the same time this blobby style was given a bad rep by shitty American car companies with their shitty budgets and subsequently their poor execution and low quality materials so this style came to reflect that. And of course it's an old style that's fallen out of favor like any other

hatch. you?

sedan

GM

My eyes!!

So it looks awful inside as it does outside.
Surprise, surprise.

GM

GM