How do you like keyless system in cars?

How do you like keyless system in cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11376218
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't, but every fucking car has this shit now.

I love them on supercars because when you press on them it takes like 3-4 seconds to start up the car and that's eargsmic to hear.

I also immitate those sounds when standing in long queues so i don't feel bored.

When using toilets, I press on the flush imagining I'm starting up a Bugatti Chiron. For added effects I immitate that start up sound too. You get these awesome chills man.

No.

I fear the day I will no longer be able to rely on 80/90's vehicles to do everything I actually want in a vehicle with none of the electronically controlled, self reporting bullshit.

>get in car
>press button
>only the electrics start up withy that stupid needle sweep because muh racecar feels
>slow diffuse of company logo on instrument cluster lcd display; are they advertising a fucking movie to me or something??
>have to wait for everything else to activate before the car will let me continue
>just start you cunt, this isn't a fucking fail-safe prep after a nucflash god dammit
>have to press clutchy pedal
>press button again
>two second delay between pressing button and engine deciding to fire up because fuck you
>car starts screaming beeps at me because I didn't start the car with my seatbelt already fastened

When I was younger I was all purist and shit and hated keyless but now that I am fat and old I really like the comfort.

Someday I want to be younger and purist again.

Good luck with that, I plan to die young because I can't stand the thought of that happening to me.

If you are lucky there are still things to look forward to in life even when you are old. Believe it or not. That is all I will say.

The planet, economy, and my country are being destroyed by two extremes colliding and I can't do shit about it because I'm an introvert that hates people and human contact and has no family or friends, what could there possibly be for me, aside from a big fireball rally crash?

It might take a lot of effort but you could try to change and see if it makes a difference.

A bunch of big fireballs exploding over every major/semi-major city, industrial, infrastructural and military installation in the US, all happening within about 20 minutes?

Well if it doesn't happen within 20 minutes you can try and change, ok? You should have the mentality that even if it does you will change and better yet hope that you don't have such destructive thoughts in the fist place.

That would be pretty wicked, the ways I sees it the best option is to burn it all down then build it back up.

Why should I change? I enjoy being a lone, jaded asshole.
I've been thinking about joining a local car club, but I have no idea how to find any.

I like being able to open my door without fucking with a key or fob, but I prefer a key to start it.
It's not the worst thing ever though.

What cars are you all driving that take 10 years to start up with push button? My car uses a regular key, but my dad's uses push button and that shit is ad fast as a key if not a bit faster. I like it because it's one less step to getting going. Keyless entry helps too, you never touch the fob.

Well if you can keep it confined to self destructiveness the suit yourself but too many times I see people blame others and lash out and that's just too much.

Yeah keyless entry is fucking cool, but I feel it should stop there. I'm in the car, I should now be in control.

I'm not retarded or hateful, I know how to handle social situations and be a decent human being. I just prefer to be alone and away from others when it is my time.

Well if you can keep it confined to self destructiveness then suit yourself but too many times it seems people blame others from the loneliness and jump in logic to lash out on others and that's just too much for me.

Let's talk about cars now.

Oh ok. Sorry to misunderstand you then. But personally I don't think retardedness should used in a discriminatory way, although I do understand the social looseness of the term.

I am saying that I am not legitimately retarded, or whatever the accepted term is these days. Dumb, slow, leper, special, deficient? This is Veeky Forums, you shouldn't really care about the nuances here.

Yes I understand. It's just that I feel like how I need to be reminded that this Veeky Forums, people need to be reminded that retardedness is most of the time not a choice and can be devastating to those who are affected.

>get in car
>put on seatbelt
>press clutch
>press button
>go

Incredible how you managed to make this sound so frustrating.

>zeroeth world problems

still driving the shit box I got for free after high school defiantly want a new dodge r/t car/truck/suv next tho their keys are dope

I hate how I have keys in my pocket now, poking me while I drive

Hahahahaha

I like them. But switching between ACC and ON isnt as thought out as it should be. Like you cant turn off the engine and leave the radio on, you have to turn off everything then go to ACC

>When using toilets, I press on the flush imagining I'm starting up a Bugatti Chiron. For added effects I immitate that start up sound too. You get these awesome chills man.
Oh man, this had me laughing for a while now.

Jesus Christ dude

Take them out of your pocket then.

Keyless entry is fantastic.

Keyless starting doesn't really move me, though right now I'm living in a townhouse complex with locked mailboxes that are a short distance away from my place, so when coming home from work I like being able to take the keychain to unlock the mailbox without having to restart my car.

>get car with keyless ignition and locks
>wife and I both have fobs
>go food shopping
>half way through shopping realize wife doesn't have her pocketbook
>"where is it?"
>"didn't want to carry it so left it under the seat in the car."
>car now available to anyone to get in and drive away

I hate it. I love turning the key, it's orgasmic for me.

>pocketbook

I've personally never used them, but I don't like the idea.
The 90's was the best era for cars
>best styling
>best interior design
>best safety standards

That's why automatically unlocking keyless systems are complete shit

fucking this.you act like it's a strenuous process. You could make anything sound that bad if you draw it out.

For example- putting on a shoe
>try to put foot in
>doesn't fit
>have to take off shoe
>have to completely remove laces
>put foot back in
>re-lace shoes
>do the same process for the other foot.

Don't like it.
It's not any more convenient and it's vulnerable to malicious attack.

Plus the average keyfob is now the size of a typical clamshell phone from the 00's.

>marrying a retard

makes car theft much easier for Niggers. Unless you install a secret kill switch which disables the electric system. or, a remote kill switch on the keychain thing

It will be logical for electric cars..

Why though?

Why not just let the accelerator pedal be the on-switch?

my girlfriend and I have the same in our car. The difference being that my girl isnt retarded. So we quite like it.

>tfw nd mx5 has mandatory push-button start

It's awesome. Don't have to fumble for your keys. Sit down, press button, put it in gear, go. Don't have to take out your phone either if you have bluetooth. It's great.

The antennas should detect the fob being inisde the car and wont open.

>How do you like keyless system in cars?

Keyless cars are plus good.
Drive by wire is double plus good.
Brake by wire is double plus good.
Throttle control by wire is double plus good.
Bulletproof unbreakable glass and knobless door locks are double plus good.

If driver person is double plus bad, he or she should be driven by car with doors locked to double plus good education center. Education is good. Double plus good it is. Driver can re-learn centrifugual bumble puppy and cooperation with others.

That is why keyless systems are also plus good.

>Wife
first mistake. Only one you need to make.

>get in car
>turn key
>go

woah

When my car is locked, there is no way to unlock the doors as the knobs are totally smooth and retract below the surface of the door. Pulling the door handle still unlocks the door and then opens it. But it's conceivable in the future a solenoid could be installed to pull the link. Then the doors cannot open and the windows won't open if the police had OnStar lock the occupants inside the car.

Onstar in the Shell.

I don't like them. When e er I have to tow someones car that's a push button I ask for the keys and they tell me it's a push button. I know but I still need the fucking keys.

Also 08 and 09 Nissan,s that just magically forget the fob belongs to the car. I can't tell you how many of those I had to tow.

Keyless entry is cool but when your battery is dead and some hood rat lost the door key fuck right off and call me back when you have the shit that belongs with your car so I can open it and tow it.

>push button toilets
europoor detected

>When using toilets, I press on the flush imagining I'm starting up a Bugatti Chiron

I am unable to associate cars with defecation (or anal sex) toilet activities.

>Keyless start
>still have to carry a fat fucking transponder key
>leave it in the car and have zero security
>don't and have a fat fucking key with you half the day

I miss compact keys, period. I is that hard to make a transponder that doesn't need to be housed in 1/2" thick plastic?

Cars with fingerprint scanner when?

>no need for keys
>do not have to worry about losing said keys

>dust door
>lift prints
>walk back to your van
>make rubber copy and heat it up a tad bit
>steal car

>I miss compact keys, period. I is that hard to make a transponder that doesn't need to be housed in 1/2" thick plastic?

Plastic cases need to be thicker than metal ones. I assume that keyfobs are required to be durable enough to survive dropping, throwing, and being stepped upon. All are likely situations in the history of conventional metal keys, so it is reasonable to design keyfobs to endure these situations as well especially since replacements are expensive. The fob case also needs to be strong enough to not crack when squeezed against other keys in a keyring inside a tight pants pocket.

That much effort to steal a car is comparable to just stealing the keys to an ordinary car then.

>>marrying a retard
funny thing is she has legit genius IQ but unfortunately not a lot of common sense.

>Cars with fingerprint scanner when?

Total fail. It has already been demonstrated that a database of fingerprints can generate 3D printed fingers with heartbeat simulation (cheap and easy if you are MacGuyver). The police have already used these to unlock biometric devices (with search warrant of course) which also looked for heartbeats while scanning a fingerprint.

It's be all too easy for an underground pirate forum to collect fingerprints into a nice ZIP or RAR file for everyone to use. Especially if you worked in a restaurant and could collect the fingerprint and then see the name used on the credit card to pay the bill.

>no mugging to steal keys
>no damage from hotwiring/screwdriver shenanigans
>clean and simple

nope

The fobs usually house a physical key as well which adds to the size.

I absolutely hate them. I just can't take my eye off the fingerprint I left on this cheap black piece of plastic everytime I have to use them. It's the typical modern lazy """progression""" anyway they come up with because they're too dumb for actual technical improvements.

Bugatti fandom and anal sex fandom one and the same.

>I am unable to associate cars with defecation (or anal sex) toilet activities.
You've never driven a Ford I guess.

>park
>put in neutral
>double click button
>put back in first if so desired

>let's make life a bit worse for no reason, I mean it's only a bit worse why are you complaining?

Always wanted to ask this but why do high performance cars take a little longer to start up?

Gimmick to charge more.

>take keys out and throw them in coin bin while driving
>forget to put them back in pocket after turning off car

I've come back from getting groceries/gas station restroom/etc where the keys are still sitting in my car too many times because I'm retarded.

Stop wearing skinny jeans then you faggot
Also nice get

>press the button
>fuel pump is working
>suddenly change my mind
>lift off the clutch as it's cranking
>die
great

A bit worse?

Getting into, and starting my car, in three acts:

>grab door handle, car unlocks automatically
>press clutch
>press start button

That's it. That's all it takes. I never have to interact with the fob. It just sits in my pocket. It's faster and better than a key.

What the fuck
The same thing would happen in a normally keyed car, why does it make it unacceptable to have it happen in a keyless car?
I'm not defending them, it sounds like utter shit, but this is just nitpicking.

I'm fine with them in vehicles made after 2000. Especially if I can start my car from a distance, put the aircon on (or heater in the winter), and walk up to an ultracomfy car no matter the weather.

Also, I'm a Yuropeon, so when I got to start a mate's Ram 1500 from a distance FUCKING EVERYBODY WATCHES. It's fucking brilliant. I don't care if they think I'm a wanker (they probably do when I'm behind the wheel anyways), just the looks alone are worth it.

because it's all done automatically with one press, whereas you hold and turn a normal key yourself

Theoretically, because it takes longer to disperse oil and such around a bigger engine.

Practically, because it sounds and feels cool.

>new dodge r/t car/truck/suv

>mfw remote starting a Scat Pack with aftermarket exhaust
>mfw I have no face to accurately explain this gloriousness

They are garbage.
They arent even truly keyless, the stupid fob thing IS the key.
I like my ignition system better because I dont even have to carry anything with me
>flip power switch
>enter passcode on keypad
>press start button
No keys.
No giant plastic fob thing.

LOVE THEM on DD
carrying shit from store and not needing to pull keys from pocket to open door and start engine

>I miss compact keys, period.
Valid argument.
>Is it that hard to make a transponder that doesn't need to be housed in 1/2" thick plastic?
Yes, if you're a manufacturer that doesn't want that key to get lost, and you want to make sure it doesn't break after dropping it onto the pavement 1000 times. You're the 1% of people that might not lose it, and might not break it, but manufacturers have to account for 100% of their consumer base.

You could try and integrate it into other objects you already carry - wallet, phone, or knife. I remember some Renaults having a creditcars shaped key, about 2-3mm thick, and you could just carry that in your wallet. Wasn't keyless open though, although iirc it did provide keyless start. Keyless open would've been easy to integrate.

Nonexistent.

Sounds difficult to do while drunk

The opposite of your mom
:^)

Not in newer cars. Most of them, as soon as you bump the key into the "crank" position, it'll automatically trigger a 3-5 second crank cycle. You bump the key there for a split second and let it back and it'll keep cranking away anyway.

I don't think there's anything wrong with keys, so I don't see why car companies want to phase them out even though there's no real benefit to push-button start

nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11376218

These newfangled contraptions are helping with natural selection

holy shit

My daily is a 2012 focus with keyless, I will never buy a daily without it.

I can go a week or two without ever seeing my car key thing.

Google "Goebbels despondent"