Why don't you own one, Veeky Forums?

Why don't you own one, Veeky Forums?
> stupidly powerful
> unique looks
> can be found in great condition for 10k
> t-tops, leather seats, good build quality
>no electronic nannies

Other urls found in this thread:

ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1604846-98-racetronix-fuel-pump-hotwire-harness-w-trap-door.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

> stupidly powerful
300hp lol

> unique looks
just like ur mum amirite roflmao

> can be found in great condition for 10k
paying that much for a pos chebby lol

> t-tops, leather seats, shit build quality
roflmao

w- what is it?

>stupidly powerful
>has the power:weight ratio of a 20 year old $900 motorcycle

It's an LS1 detuned to be slightly slower than a corvette.
50 hp is basically free and easily and cheaply be built to 450hp. The block supports up to 1000 but that kind of power isn't cheap.
The ws6 handling package makes it competitive with modern sports cars.

The definition of overstyling

Gee, OP. How did GM let you have Ram Air AND Cowl Induction?

pontiac gto firebird formula ws6 trans am 25 anniversary edition quattrovalvole

not powerful at all by todays standards they suck at corners too
one of the ugliest cars of all times
wow thats way too much for that shit
yeah no the quality on these are awful and t tops are shit
that isnt a plus

I always thought they were pretty cool, but modern v6 ponycars are probably not far off performance-wise.

>Not powerful by today's standards
>350hp is not powerful
> shit in corners
Ws6
> opinion
> opinion
> awful quality
Hasn't sat in one
> t tops are shit
Opinion
> not a plus
>>/lgbt/

A V6 family sedan makes 280
a V6 Mustang makes 300
a 370Z makes 320-350

no that isnt powerful at all

WS6 means nothing, f bodies are shit at handling stop buying into marketing
>uses opinions in op
>tries to dismiss my opinions
check your double standards m80

I have been in them and they are terrible I guess if all youve been in is old burgershit you might think they are good

epic meme response kid

because lol yurop

It's an LS1 tard. The fucking sky is the limit if you get into modding. If not it runs a 13 second quarter mile bone stock. Torque numbers are far better than your v6 ponycar.
If you really think ws6 doesn't mean anything, again, you've never sat in one.
Find me a faster stock car for 10k, busrider. Beat up ones go for 5 and under.

You're retarded Cletus

I am pretty sure most people who own a car with t-tops, myself included, will tell you t-tops objectively suck. They're pretty as fuck to look and you're a cool dude with them down, but god damn they are obnoxious to maintain. If it was some mechanical part you could get lost in, it'd be fine, but it's just shitty weatherstripping you have to waste time fighting out and finagling back out, and maybe playing with the latches for a bit. And if you use it as a daily driver in a sunny area you'll be changing the weatherstripping a lot thanks to direct sun exposure.

yawn any engine can make power when you mod it
LS1s start to shit around 600whp anyway 2JZ is better and so are Vortecs or just about any other cast iron engine
wow 13s not like a V6 Camry runs low 14s these days or anything
again keep on being delusional Ive been in one
I shall repeat if all youve been in is old burgershit then you may think theyre impressive

>stock car

look at this cuck

you can build a better handling faster more economical better looking Honda for less than your "beat up" price

a fucking SRT-4 can run 13s for half the price and get quicker for a whole lot less money

finagling back in*

I think it'd be a fun car, seems to be quite a few in this area and good prices, but the thing is just to white trash for me. Never see anyone but old hicks driving them.

I guess $10k is much more than a bus pass so you really can't justify getting one.

I see your point because that's my car in the OP and they did leak when I bought it. Sent it to a mechanic and $200 and 4 years later they're fine.

You should have said something about your being retarded sooner user I wouldn't have wasted so much time reading your shitposts.

I dont know how anyone could justify spending 10k on 1

oh god

you have buyers remorse from hell

no wonder you try to suck that ugly black dick so much lol

Why? For that price you get a ls1 ws6 with less than 50k miles. Again, find me a clean stock car with as much hp for less.

No buyer's remorse here. I paid 8 and that's not a lot of money for a nice car. The 410 gearing makes enough whiplash that I actually broke the hinges on the passenger seat while my gf was in it. Needless to say she doesn't like it at all.
Plus it's a head turner. Even if you don't like it you agree that its aggressive without looking like a hot wheels and rare enough that most people don't know what it is.

2000 Chevy Corvette

>2000 Chevy Corvette
Yeah but then you have to look at that ugly-ass thing

better than looking at a Fireturd

>It's an LS1 detuned to be slightly slower than a corvette.

It isn't detuned. It is just underrated. It makes 340hp just like the Corvette.

>unique looks
Well that is one way to put it

Third gens look better.

Because my 2000$ eclipse gsx with another couple grand dumped into it handles better, is faster in a straight line, and looks better imo.

NOSTRILS
O
S
R
I
L
S

My old man has a WS6 he bought new in 2000, still has it and it only has 2000 miles on it. Doesn't really like driving it I guess.
They're cool, if I could get one in excellent condition for under 10k I would consider it. They are fun to drive, sounds a beast under full throttle. But yeah, they are cheaply built (panel gaps, yikes) and don't handle very well.

> driving a Mitsubishi
Lol

>10k
My budget is 6k.
If I could find an LS1 F-body for that much I would.

Oh, but I do. Same one since 2003. I've beaten the piss out of this car and LOVE IT.

My ttops are great and I've never changed the weatherstripping! In the last 260k miles I have not had one drop of water leak through either top. I've never had trouble with the latches, are you modified without chassis bracing? I've heard that over time the chassis will flex (esp with extra power) and that's what causes ttops to leak and be hard to shut. Don't know for sure because I've been modified and racing for over a decade with this one and no problems. Hope you get yours figured out.

Nice.

No remorse here either. Paid 9100 tax, title, and license in October 2003. I don't have 410s, just 342s, mines a dd and 410s on the interstate would have been to much for me. Will snap your head back though, won't it!

Vettes aren't really much faster though. Depending on gearing a stock Trans am will beat a stock c5. I've done this to 3 c5s with highway gears, so it's not a fluke.

Your eclipse gsx is a cool car, but it won't outrun an ls1 in the straights. I ruined someone's day about 8 years ago at the local street drags. It was close, no doubt, but I won by about 3 cars at the end of the quarter. As I remember he had just gotten it tuned and out of the shop. 2.2, bigger turbo, 50 shot. He ripped me out of the hole, but I passed him about 70mph. He was super pissed and went home, closest race with a 4 cyl yet though, he did good. Handles better? Maybe, I remember my friend saying his weighed almost 4000lbs, must have a nice suspension.

The only thing I'd have to add is that the rears are weak if you like to actually drive the cars to their potential, and I used to laugh at the people who's dash cracked up until last year.
When my dash cracked.
Other then that they're great, mines over 300k miles now and I just replaced the suspension with better stuff. Need it aligned and then it will be back on the road.

Doing this right now. Fuel pump is done, wiring harness next.

ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/1604846-98-racetronix-fuel-pump-hotwire-harness-w-trap-door.html

Tell you what though, cutting that trapdoor had me sweating.

Why did you respond to bait?

>The ws6 handling package makes it competitive with modern sports cars.

But I do own one, though it's bare bones with no options and all the little plastics bits are broken to shit.

why do people think anything they dont agree with is bait?

But I do..bought brand new and still have It. Also was in the 12's with just a cai in 2001 and with just upgraded shocks and springs it handles just as good as any of my other sports cars I've had. For comparison my 370z I just sold did 13.4 with intake and exhaust.