Hi-Riders edition :^)

Post muscle cars.
Post muscle engines.
Post muscle stories.
Post new muscle cars.
Post old muscle cars.
Worship the V8.

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1986-pontiac-firebird-2-8l-v6-t-top-manual-parts-car/1198248474
transamdepot.com/
oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5776697153.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/5772716319.html
dragzine.com/news/john-mihovetz-lowers-ford-mod-motor-record-to-a-blistering-5-88/
archive.4plebs.org/o/search/tripcode/H2gmSFBCac/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1986-pontiac-firebird-2-8l-v6-t-top-manual-parts-car/1198248474

>car has front fender and bumper in one pic
>missing them in others
>hood and rad support are still perfect
>ad used to say it's been sitting for a 9 years by previous owner and 1 year with current and was also missing the distributor and vacuum lines

Was it crashed and parted out or just parted out and left to sit 10 years ago? If the current owner had the car in a complete state when he bought it why are only these parts missing, unless he bough it as a parts car. I've been obsessed with these third gens for a few years and I can actually sort of afford this as a project.

Funny, I'm a sucker for those too. Can't you import one from the US? I believe they can be had very cheap there.

>hi-riders

>tfw these wasteland baldies just dont want to fit ;3;

hi-riders is the movie user
I picked it because of the Javelin, but I have never watched it. I just did a search for the car on imcdb and posted the still I liked the most

Thanks for starting up a new thread bro

No problem :)
Is that a roush?

68 Camaro I spotted the other day

Nice

Enjoy this bastard creation.

Yes, it is what you think it is. Done by these fags transamdepot.com/

They converted a Camaro into a Firebird?

Yep. They, trans am depot, claim they have exclusive rights to slap trans am stickers on a camaro and claim it is what pontiac would have done.

>79 camaro with dual exhaust (stock AIR headers)
>want to swap to shortys
>live in California
>every single shorty headers requires either removing cat or modifying downpipe to cat
>don't want to do this because I'll have to put the stock headers on every 2 years to pass smog

Is there ANY headers that jusy bolt on to the stock downpipe? I don't want to weld in stock headers every 2 years just to pass smog and then weld in shorts

Would drive desu

Anyway, classic muscle. Wanna make one of these a project car.

Never. It's a camaro, and all the problems that entails, with some stickers thrown on it. Body is fucking disgusting.

Bruh how much do they want for that shit heap? I have an 84 t top with the 305ci v8 and 700r4 tranny 89k miles I'm trying to sell

Not the same thing as a real firebird sadly. Wouldn't spend cash just to slap a body kit and stickers on a Camaro.

>and all the problems that entails
What do you mean?
BTW I went to the site and found something actually disturbing, their "GTO". Camaros and Firebirds are close enough in my book but their take on GTO is absolute blasphemy.

Where? I'm just looking for a mostly rust free t top V6 car preferably with the T5 tranny so I don't have to do as much work during a T56 swap.

Well seeing as how your add is from Canada it's probably a no go since im
>in California
>v8
>autotragic

My car has never left sunny southern California though so rust is not an issue, I was actually more or less looking for help with pricing it for sale considering the relatively low mileage, got a $5k tag on it right now (lol) in case I get lucky since there's lots of Mexicans around here, and they love overpaying for old friends bodies.

>84
>89k miles
Wew lad, that's some low mileage you got there

F Bodies*

It was funny how you worded it tho, kek

Can't tell if your being sarcastic or not, but yea I posted on here when I first got it, original owner were an older couple that owned a shop, dude was a Marine and went full ptsd and beat his wife and went to prison, she sold his car to pay for his lawyer since I guess in california the victim can't drop charges for domestic abuse. Carfax is literally
75000 miles: oil change 2001
75500 miles: oil change 2002
78000 miles: oil change 2007

And so on, they had a warehouse full of old ponie cars they plan to sell off 1 by 1 to finance retirement. fuckin boomers

Where can I buy and learn how to properly care for an old school muscle car? I live in Commiefornia, so rust isn't an issue, but I don't know how to take care of cars...

A) Visibility meme isn't really a meme. Visibility is fucking terrible out of those things.

B) They modify the drive train. Now yes it's a company they need to do good work to get repeat business, but fuck that, I'd rather stay stock so I can replace shit on my own.

C) Supporting chevy and GM. Fuck 'em.

D) Massive size, these are fat and ugly cars. Slapping a sticker that says TRANS AM on it doesn't fix that.

Yes I've driven a 2014 camaro. I really hate them. Yes, I am a Firebird fanboy and the death of Pontiac and my favorite muscle car rustles my jimmies.

Read the sticky. Then find an old man to show you how. Then watch videos on youtube.

I'm not being sarcastic, a '84 car here in my country with less than 100k miles is unheard of.

I'll sell u mine
>muscle car
Never mind.... Chevy 5.0 isn't "muscle" ;_;

do you even

You have a Cuda?

What do you anons think of the Bass 770?

Overpriced af, but it's pretty heartwarming to see people haven't given up on old school muscle. If I had 300000 dollars floating around I would probably buy one because it would be more reliable than a 68 Camaro.

Sorry bro, I'm used to wew lad being sarcastic. Where are you from if u don't mind me asking and how did u get into muscle? I'm a beaner from southern California so old muscle is the norm here you see chevelles, gtos, impalas, AMC's, Dusters and shit like that all up and down pacific Coast Highway. Especially amongst old Mexicans who can tear a carbed v8 down and soup it up in less than a day using crescent wrenches and vice grips

>I'm a beaner from southern California
Hey fellow SoCal resident
>so old muscle is the norm here
Where in SoCal are you? I almost never see muscle cars here in OC
>you see chevelles, gtos, impalas, AMC's, Dusters and shit like that all up and down pacific Coast Highway
I'm jelly af right now.

I'm from Uruguay, a country in South America that is hell for car guys. Muscle cars are rare here, and it's even rarer to find them with their original engine. People pull stunts as disgusting as doing Nissan diesel swaps.
Where I got into muscle? Mainly movies, sad but true. I have a friend who owns an Oldsmobile Cutlass though, pretty awesome.

BTW here in Uruguay the only Dusters we see are the Renaults, kek

Fairline?

'68 Custom 500.

Is a 2004 Mustang GT in Automatic a good daily?

Gettig it in auto because fuck stop and go traffic in a manual and I already have a C4 I'm slowly rebuilding that's a manual

Check out San clemente California some time my dude, there's even a diner here (forgot what it's called) that has muscle car meet ups like every Friday or something like that. Dude u also see like old school DeSoto and Bel airs as well as those old caddies with fins. I DD a 79 camaro with a black rattle can paintake job and today alone I saw 4 other second gen camaros: a bumble bee, a red with black stripes,a wierd orange and yellow and brown looking one, and a hot rod red.

>there's even a diner here (forgot what it's called) that has muscle car meet ups like every Friday or something like that.
Oh fuck yes! I live in Tustin so that isn't too far.

What diner?

This is a thread about muscle cars m80, your question would be more appropriate in a QTDDTOTT.

I think it's Tommy's diner dude, I drive past it for work all the time.

Soooooo..... u wanna buy a firebird? Lol

Fuck yeah, but I'm poor af since I'm paying for rent, college and my shitbox. How much?

Not him, but I'm pretty sure it's a muscle car :^)

65' Tempest that I just swapped an LS1 and T56 6speed into.

Make an offer? Let's be real here it's a smog Era third gen so I don't expect much. Hit me on my kick down email
[email protected]

Need a bare metal mustang with black steelies like that... sadly every 70s has a 351 and is either too good of shape to turn mad max or too bad of shape to fix....

Sent

Are we gonna count pony car mustangs as muscle cars?

Cause I've found quite a few 65-70 mustangs that I lIke.
Sadly all the fast backs I found that are in my price range have I6s in them....

any more pictures?

I replied to you, sorry I'm doing homework too

>edsel cock
What did they mean by this?

Does anyone have experience with "Performance" ignition coils? I have an HEI distributor with a stock ignition coil hooked up to my nowhere near stock small block that I rev high all the time because lol 3 speed. Would a higher voltage higher amp High output coil like Accel really burn fuel better and give me a snappier throttle response and better acceleration?

oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5776697153.html

Thoughts?

>It would make a solid project car
That line sets off all kinds of alarm bells. Are you looking for a project car? It's likely in terrible shape if he's dumping it for 2.5k.

Is this a muscle car?

orangecounty.craigslist.org/ctd/5772716319.html

Looking for something I can make work on a budget and keep working on over time, but that was also my worry, really just want something relatively mechanically solid and with no serious rust, at least on the frame.

>really just want something relatively mechanically solid
It may be mechanically compromised, have it taken to a mechanic who knows what he's doing before you even THINK about it.

Definitely, thanks for the advice man

No problems m8, better safe than sorry.

Looks pretty rough. Is that fiberglass on the front?

Bumping

>pony car
>muscle

>Shelby GT500
>not muscle

muscle?

Is it a American-made V8?

no? why would it have an inferior piston engine?

>tiny light car
>muscle
lel it's only fast because there's not much to haul

>wanting a pigfat car
cuck

Anyone lurkin?

me

>hfw modern cars weigh almost as much as "boat anchor" cars
>hfw when he realizes how small ohv small blocks really are

OHV a shit

Better than UHV, which would work very well.

hnnng

>UHV

what did he mean by this?

>g-d
kike detected

>modular will never make as much power as a 351M
Sohc confirmed shit

Triggered cristcuck

>implying
dragzine.com/news/john-mihovetz-lowers-ford-mod-motor-record-to-a-blistering-5-88/

>implying the christcucks aren't the protestants who also refuse to say God, who think kikes are still God's chosen people, and who are useful idiots for zionism

Literally have no idea about the fairytale you are talking about

Typical of a Godless heathen, or any tripfag

How's your first day in Veeky Forums treating you?

I've been here for years buddy
Is that another character in ur fairytale

>I've been here for years buddy
Yeah sure
archive.4plebs.org/o/search/tripcode/H2gmSFBCac/

>Tripfags cant post as Anons

Lmao, literally outed yourself as the redditor, you dumb cuck

Tripfags don't post anonymously because that doesn't help them establish an online persona, which is essential to their reddit mindset. Try again, reddit cuck. And learn how to use the word cuck, it's not just a random insult. You're a cuck because you keep posting on that site where the people running it are sjws that fuck your right to free speech as you watch.

>all this non muscle shit
depressingly off topic tbqh

Don't let the thread die pls

Is this muscle?

hard to say being as oblivious as I am

Thank you for bumping the thread m8

I did it on purpose :^)