Can someone please redpill on these things

Can someone please redpill on these things

I feel like it's trying to combine Japanese reliability with German luxury. If the Genesis can pull it off, I think it's a great value buy, but I dont know if these are good or shitty cars.

Anyone have experience with these?

Other urls found in this thread:

edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis/2015/consumer-reviews/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

except it's not Japanese reliability

it's Korean reliability

aka shit

They're reliable enough now days. They've come a long ways since the 90's.

>ripped off bentley's logo
>ripped off mercedes design
>ripped off & uninspired interior
>reliability of a 3000gt
There's a reason those pieces of garbage are 50k and not dipping into 6 figures like an s-class. You want a comfy car that's not a piece of Korean shit? Get a Lexus

I dont care about ripping off of other designs. What concerns me about what you said is >reliability of a 3000gt

Thats what scares me, the reiability and the maintenance costs. Like are Korean cars all shitty? I mean forreal without your Veeky Forumstist Veeky Forums sperg bias, respond

>Like are Korean cars all shitty?
Yes.

They look incredibly cheap in person. Like really cheap
Koreans can only build cars that look half decent on paper

that's what I'm saying. i'm hoping these arent like Benz and BMW where it costs 400$ to replace a light bulb. Are Hyundais reliable enough?

It's basically Genesis vs 2015 Challenger for me. Challenger is more up front costs, but if it's more reliable then its ok

as much as i dislike Chrysler, even a base model v6 challenger will be better than that Korean trash. if it's a v8 challenger, there's no question. the challenger is better in each & every spec.

>>ripped off bentley's logo
>>ripped off mercedes design

>implying that's not good

>ripping off other brands in the hopes of riding along on their reputation and success
>ever good

you are correct, but this thread was aimed more towards the nuts and bolts of the car - the reliability and dependability

I'm going for the R/T Scat Pack. So yeah the performance is better, but they are two different types of cars. I'm really only comparing the reliability here right now. The V8 Genesis is 420hp btw, not to shabby

Koreans are great at making a car that looks like the best option on paper

then you realize they're badly built, badly designed, and badly ripped off from other more reputable brands because Koreans can only build knockoffs of existing things

the fucking scat pack? why is this even a choice, go out and buy the damn thing right now. this shouldn't even be a question. you'll have tons more fun in an infinitely more reliable car. you won't regret the challenger.

People see rip offs because they want to see rip offs, they in reality don't look anything like what people claim.

Hell any time they release a car, people will claim they look like 20 different cars that look nothing like each other.

You have probably never been in one or never been up to one. They don't look cheap at all.

Both the V6 and the V8 have shown no issues with reliability at all.

Ohh shit a 50k car doesn't cost 100k, no fucking shit.

well the scat pack is also like 10g more expensive, so thats why. And I do like the look of the Genesis. Tbh if the reliability wasnt shit like you guys say it is, it's a good value.

It isn't shit, I work at the Largest Hyundai/Kia parts warhouse. In my 5 years working there, I have shipped maybe 5 v8 engines out and a hand full of transmissions. They are all just stacked up in crates collecting dust because we never have need to send any.

The only real big engine orders we were having was the 2.0 Theta II's in the optima's because Kia put spark plugs that were heat rated to low and cylinder 4 in the turbo optima's were passing that point and causing the plugs to separate destroying the engine.

Why would you lie on a bench racing forum

I could claim that I helped engineer the new Genesis and provide no proof

Your post is as valid as Hyundai's reliability

edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis/2015/consumer-reviews/

Veeky Forums has never dealt with the Genesis in person and just talk shit without knowing anything. You can go through each year and not find a bad reliability score.

V8 Genesis 2015 - 25-28k Usd$

2015 Challenger Scat Pack - 34-37k Usd$

So yeah the challenger is "better" but its also 10k$ more. And I like the look of the Genesis man they're p good lookin. But I dont want that shit to be in the shop all the damn time, and I dont want it to cost like a BMW to maintain.

I duno how you guys love korean women so much but hate on their automobiles

Guess there reliability is pretty valid then.

I ship parts for Hyundai and Kia, I know more about there reliability then anyone here.

>buying genesis
>unironically paying for Korean trash
IM LMAOING @ YOUR LIFE

Oh wow is that blurry picture of a warehouse supposed to prove anything?

>Oh wow is that blurry picture of a warehouse

Sorry for my blurry photos.

Okay we've established that you have been in a Hyundai Warehouse

Now how do we get you to a professional to see about that autism

So now that we have established that I know more about the reliability of these vehicles because pretty much every part goes through my hands and I see hundreds of lines go out the door and what is in them, how do we get you to understand that you don't know shit about them.

Kek you probably just drive a forklift, if you even do work there

Hyundai a shit, get over it

Dealer picks and crate orders, Receiving on Saturdays.

Im trained on Lift and Cherry picker, but I move the most lines so they leave me on shipment.

Lift drivers get it easy.

i'm counting down the days until being able to pull up with a real bentley badge next to one of these faux mobiles

Lmao you think that other user gives a shit what you do

>Hyundaitards

The v8 sedan is probably the best value for dollar in that segment. Its a fucking monster and while it doesnt look as high end as a similar BMW or Mercedes the difference isnt worth the 20-30 grand in the price tags.

Hyundai's are probably middle of the pack in terms of reliability. But they have a great warrenty that you either dont get or have to pay out the ass for with other manufactorers.

Half the people here are fucking trolling Hyunadi isnt that bad at all. Even the Genesis coupe thats catching shit for some reason in this thread is a pretty fucking great first attempt for the manufactorer even if its not quite up to the standards of companies that have been doing it for 50 years. Plus dat warrenty.

user proves that he works in warehouse, sees the verity of parts and has an understanding of it.
>"Hurr durr wow wut a fagget. Hyundai is shit because I said so." Despite the fact that the companies reliability has gone up drastically over the years.
Haha oh wow bench racers are the fucking worse.

They are very safe.

It performed nearly perfectly in the small overlap test. Search "Genesis small overlap" on YouTube.

I'd take challenger because it's over all more fun
Driven both

ITT:

That one Jap guy that shits on every Hyundai/Kia thread.

You know who you are. The guy with the burning Hyundai pic folder. You always speak like this too (always have the word "shit" at least once per post).

sorry i use the proper terms for the abortions that koreans call vehicles?

I just completed the brand's inaugural training the past week in Chicago. I'm a Genesis Experience Manager. They are doing a lot of neat things. You will be able to test drive the G80 and G90 from your home or office and you have valets that come to your home to pick up the car for its service. The cars are Amazon Alexa compatible and the G90 will come with a card redeemable for its own unit.

The G80 is competitive in its class, but really it's the G90 that impressed me the most. In the most important ways, it is better than an S Class or 7 Series. The S Class has some nicer interior materials, but the G90 is more comfortable, way superior ergonomics, and better interior room. The Germans offer higher end performance versions that the G90 doesn't have an answer to (like the 750's twin turbo V8), but the G90's 3.3T is superior to the 740 and A8's standard V6 options and the 5.0 Tau V8 is a highly awarded engine that gives the G90 great power.

The other area in which the German cars are better are if you prefer that kind of driving feedback. I noticed that the suspension and balance in the 7 series was much more responsive and punchy than the G90, like you could throw it around like a smaller car, but you also felt a lot more of the road. The G90 is much more cushioned and softer, even in its "sport" mode I didn't notice much difference.

The G90 is the best overall in terms of interior design and comfort, standard safety features, and obviously warranties. The A8 I thought had the second best interior design, but the cheapest materials. In some ways the G90 had better materials than the S Class, like its headliner and handles, but the leather on the S Class seemed nicer an more substantial. The S Class has a really goofy TFT display though that aesthetically clashes with the more classic Italian speedboat look of the rest of the interior. Aside from the rear legroom, the 7 series was the most boring and unspectacular interior.

>Some ricer drives the car straight into a field and it catches fire due to damage. "Look how shit this car is!"
Ping pang no one cares if you think you are better than koreans.

See?

Yeah and this guy never forgets to insult Koreans every post too.

He admitted he is Japanese last time I encountered him so he is going to shill against Korean cars; don't take actual advice from him.

Hyundai's aren't the best cars in the world but always avoid this guy's opinion.

wait i never admitted i was japanese. i just have a burning hatred for korean cars. must've talked to someone else with common sense then, seems like a cool guy.

Air suspension on that blew throwing him off the road, the engine lit the brush under the car onfire.

My genesis coupe is a 2015 with 25k miles. I've driven all 25,000 of those miles and haven't had any issues (yet). They've been hard miles and I even hydroplaned off of a highway at 70 miles per hour into an embankment. They're not mercedes, but they're still good. Think infiniti

Lol

rear ends don't look anything alike.

>another quality fastestlaps post

>Ohh shit a 50k car doesn't cost 100k, no fucking shit.

Kek, this t b h. They're not supposed to be S-Classes; they're their own breed.

>I was pretending to be retarded

You forget that Japan copied literally everything American for most of the 19th and 20th century. It's what developing economies do and now China is copying Korean products. It's a cycle.

i remember sitting in one at the 2015 ny auto show, and i was pretty blow away with how fucking comfy the damn thing was. As for reliability i cant say.

My very first car was an 07 hyundai elantra, and never had any issues with it. All it needed was regular maintenance, like any other car. Now maybe i got lucky, but it wasn't the giant turd that people make them out to be. Honestly the whole korean cars being shit is probably just a meme than veeate faggots came up with because hyundais dont come with 7000 whp otd.

TL;DR look up reports of any hyundai made after 2011.

What this cool guy isn't telling you is that the Genesis:

- costs less
- N/A engine reliability
- not ecoboost garbage
- has leather seats
- comes with brembo brakes
- stainless steel breaklines
- limited slip differentials
- carbon-coated synchros
- America's best warranty (10y 100k miles)

please give me one example of an early japanese car that ripped an american design COMPLETELY, just like hyundai does with more prestigious brands. and yes, i do know that japan kinda shit the bed in their early days, but at least their early trash was original.

Would you like a mini Mustang?

I like this. I'll be getting a G90 soon

try harder, think of something as close as this:

>the companies reliability has gone up drastically over the years.

then post some proof
jd power chart isnt proof
you wont be able to prove they arent shit
because theyre shit

some of the posts are from hyundai shills

some are from the faggot that thinks his warehouse job makes him an authority on anything

koreashills are retarded by default
do not engage

>look up reports of any hyundai made after 2011.

kek this child actually believes that there is a single objective report on any fucking vehicle

PEOPLE GET PAID TO SAY THINGS ARE BETTER THAN THEY ARE

woa 2 doors and FR layout

call the fucking cops

I can do this all day. Wanna play along?

>costs less
try again

the hyundai shills will somehow forget to respond to this post

postin' the original less expensive Benz clone

I can find this for most early cars for Nissan and Honda too

Nips: the original copy monkeys

except the Lexus was actually more reliable and just as good as the Mercedes, whereas the Genesis is just a shitty low-quality knockoff

try again

>different headlight shape
>different grill design
>different fog lights
>different lower grill opening

I think that his example was pretty much just as close as yours.

The first Genesis was actually an amalgamation of a lot of different cars. The S-klasse and 5-series of the time were the biggest ones. I remember sitting in one of those when they came out and noting just how "eh" they felt. It was like sitting in a really nice RV, it's not bad, but it still doesn't feel like the real thing.

Oh fuck off. The very early Japanese industry was like that way because US/British engineers came over to help them get up off their feet after having their country burned to tatters. After their initial copy slump they ended up making 100% original nipponese donut steel and beat the west at their own game.

and now they think Audi is the brand to copy for some reason

And hyundai and kia have German engineers

Yeah, and that explains why they make boring and bland cars with middle-of-the-pack reliability.

Fucking tojo apologist go fap to a portrait of Hirohito some more.

>The very early Japanese industry was like that way because US/British engineers came over to help them get up off their feet after having their country burned to tatters.

That's my fucking point. All developing countries copy. That Jap guy pretends that Japanese people never copied and they are geniuses that made 100% original products since Matthew Perry's arrival.

South Korea hired Japanese and European advisors during the 70's and 80's. It's true and it's fact. Now We are starting to make original products and we are becoming better.

China is in the "copy phase" right now and they will make decent cars in a few decades too. It's a cycle: Japan copy Western tech, Korea copy Japan tech, China copy Korean tech. Nobody is superior and that one Jap poster in this thread should get over it.

Is it really copying when your the person who pretty much helped create the Audi design language.

I'd like to admit that Korea still has foreign advisors but we are using less every generation as our domestic tech improves.

>sees a legitimate argument
>immediately gets assmad
this guy has conversations as well as korea builds cars

Ford constantly gets shit for having ripped off Aston Martin and they owned Aston Martin at some point

And Korean pricing, don't forget that. Best bang for the buck in the luxury market.

>China is in the "copy phase" right now and they will make decent cars in a few decades too.

See, the only difference is China is a culture incapable of creating the engineers and mustering the integrity needed to produce an automobile that anyone but the most destitute countries will buy. Japan and Korea are countries full of hardworking people with a great attitude towards work, whereas China is full of corrupt assholes trying to fuck each other over in every single way possible. Also Chinese people have no souls.

As an owner of two Hyundai cars, fixing them is a breeze.

>built mostly with tech borrowed from Mitsubishi

Give them some time

Just be thankful the West took pity on your sorry singed ass at all, slope.

>literally paying real life money for an anemic FF shitbox disguised to look like a sportscar
is this b8?

China isn't gonna be able to undo hundreds of years of malevolent cultural inertia anytime soon. You don't have problems with people regularly shitting on subways and backing up over toddlers in Japan or Korea, you don't have problems with getting fucked buying out of spec goods coming from Japan or Korea.

Also you can't fix the fact that Chinese people have no souls, and are in fact more closely related to insects than human beings.

You just made the genesis look better than a mustang.

Ahh as anemic as any other v6 from that time.

Jesus you idiots derailed this thread so far as to throwing WW2 insults. It's a thread about the Genesis, and fuck the coupe; I'm considering a 5.0 Sedan, 2015. If anyone has ACTUAL experience with this car, please chime in. Like this guy and Thank you for your input

Well this is tough. You may or may not be surprised, but South Korea was one of the poorest nations in the world (lower GDP than all Sub-Saharan nations) and we used to get food handouts from the UN well into the early 1970's. People used to literally shit on the streets until the economic boom in the 80's and people used to literally defect to North Korea until the late 70's because they had a better economy.

Mother used to tell me how people used to have no manners and it was basically a Darwinist nightmare where only the strongest survive. Corruption and bribery was rampant from business to society itself. Everyone cut lines, streets were filthy with shanties, people didn't care is somebody died, et cetera.

We worked hard to become a 1st world economy and society and I believe the Chinese can pull it off too... somehow and eventually.

You're welcome

Reminder that forced induction is cheating

>2008 V6 Tiburon: 172HP
>2008 350z: 306
pardon me?

>values the input of a literal shill

look who's talking

someone who is not literally paid by Hyundai to praise Korean cars

Lol what a comeback you sure told me

You're a Jap that shills against Korean cars for free in every thread that mentions a Korean car. You are mind-numbingly hypocritical.

But the thing is, you guys didn't live under gommunism. The work corrupt mores that were set forth in communism carry forth a number of generations into the ex-communist country. It's why most nations under the Eastern-Bloc are shit and have terrible attitudes about business ethics.

They're just average cars in every way. They're cheap to keep running and don't have the reputation their Japanese counterparts do at this point, so you can get them used for good prices. Never buy one new.

He shits on the cars because Hyundai does pay shills to advertise them, and he acts as a proper counterbalance.

for free? aren't you or another faggot in this thread literally PAID by hyundai/kia to work in their sweatshop? you wanna look up the definition of shill mate?

Tiburon came out in 01, the engine is from 98.

98 mustang v6 hp - 152 hp
2001 mustang - 193

The v6 was inline with pretty much every other v6 on market at time of introduction

I'd argue that as of now China has a more Laissez Faire economy than America right now, so the culture of China may change.

Also, if you can prove that Hyundai does pay literal shills to shill for Hyundai online, I will graciously admit defeat and leave this thread permanently.

Japan on ia not the guy who you replied to originally. Why would you be grateful for a shill's input fucking kek

fair enough, but you still didn't address the fwd. at least you could do skids and shit in the v6 mustang to redeem its trash engine. there are absolutely no redeeming qualities of that subpar """"sportscar"""" econobox

Not me, but the other guys may be a Hyundai shill; I don't think this guy is a shill but this guy may be.

Even as a Korean, I do not like anyone that shills (even those that shill for my country's product) so I will take back what I said here if those guys were shills.