Is there any way possible to refurbish this turn signal switch knob? It's been bothering me with how shitty it looks

Is there any way possible to refurbish this turn signal switch knob? It's been bothering me with how shitty it looks

buy a new one

You could try cleaning. Its filthy

I don't think it's dirt..it's worn off paint

Clean it or repaint it.

with what? do I need oil based paint?

>do I need oil based paint
Why would you need oil based paint? It's a knob not a canvas

Then I'm guessing any interior paint will do?

It buildup from makeup or hygene products- notice the paint of the headlight markings are still there

>oil paint
I spat out my drink all over the monitor you dumb shit thanks a lot

sorry

Try model paint like tamiya #1

>worn off paint
>substance is flesh color
>turn signal is black
thats makeup retard

stop indicating and youll never have this problem.

paint it.

krylon fusion works best on plastic

Make sure to prep it correctly.

try some 303 aerospace protectant. if the paint i actually worn off just buy a new stalk. painting will look like shit.

/thread

This guy is the only one here that knows what the fuck he's talking about.

OP clean your filthy knob!

This
Painting it is a waste of time.
Buy new or head to the junkyard and get a nicer one.
>looks like something common so I'm sure there's other cars with interchangeable ones.

>Is there any way possible to refurbish this turn signal switch knob?

The whitish stuff looks more like buildup of gunk from your dirty hands. Sunlight and summer heat then bake it on. You need to wash your hands before you operate your car. If the gunk is hardened on and you don't want to scrape it off because that will add shiny scrape marks to the plastic, you can dampen a folded strip of paper towel with cleaner and wrap that around the dirty area to soften the gunk before you rub it off. Don't wrap the paper towel over the printed lettering because acidic hand oils can weaken printed lettering over time and your long time duration of cleaner could possibly be the last straw that makes the printing fall off.

A few minutes should be long enough.

A rough cotton rag is far better to abrade off this kind of gunk than microfiber which glides over it.

just go to vatozone and get some armorall cleaning wipes and clean that shit up