People who hate muscle cars have never taken a long road trip through the american interstate system with the windows...

People who hate muscle cars have never taken a long road trip through the american interstate system with the windows down roaring exhaust and a blonde bombshell in the passenger seat

Yeah your euro car might be a great highway car until you get so bored with the silence and elegance you want to kill yourself

Yeah your jap car can do hektik skids but no chick wants to be in it and you'll wanna kill yourself driving on the highway for long periods of time

face it folks, the american muscle car is the ultimate drivers car

Other urls found in this thread:

allpar.com/cars/desoto/electrojector.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lol kys virgin loser

People who love muscle cars live in flyover states, not where the real roads are, up in the mountains.

Those american fuel devouring cars are only fun if you are rich as fuck and dont mind spending millions on fuel.

>american car making a long road trip
kek thanks man i needed that.

Maybe if you live in Europe.

Do euros even know what a long road trip is?

yes, any city in turkey to berlin.

No, they take a train or airplane instead.

>ywn build a toguemonster vintage mustang

Jesus where do you live?
>implying they aren't fun there too

Don't mind him, he's probably a yurocuck that doesn't understand freedom.

>Jesus where do you live?
Isn't it obvious where he lives?

Fuck, wrong image

wtf I love ford now

>GT, the only model that matters
>100k euro in Europe
>32k euros in America (36k USD)

Jesus Christ

gotta pay for all that cultural enrichment somehow, and the easiest way to do that is to tax personal freedom

Genuine question. What's the point of taking/making a car for a road trip that only gets 11 mpg? I'm all for it, but you'd be refilling every 30 minutes and I'd think that would get annoying.

I live in European state where 1 litre of gasoline costs 1,16 US dollars and 1 litre of diesel 1,125 US dollars

SUCH IS LIFE IN YUROPOORIA

>Americans can't afford to spent that much on a car
Keep driving your 30 year old 120hp "muscle cars" Lol

Nigga there must be something wrong with that site!
Even in gypsyland Romania, the most expensive GT is 44,250 euros

someone post the image of yurocuck Veeky Forums posters' cars

>liters

can you translate that into English? Thanks.

No, it's just a country that actively tries to limit personal freedom as much as possible.

>personal freedom
>cost of a car
LOL the two aren't related
You probably think driving is a "right" and not a privilege

A car definitely is a symbol of personal freedom. Limiting car ownership means limiting personal freedom.

Google it up amerifag.

>symbol of personal freedom
>use is subject to government
Lol okay

Blame CO2 tax. That's why Tesla's are cheap as fuck compared to other countries and every middle management turd drives one.

Also weirdly enough a Land Cruiser is cheaper in the Netherlands than in the US

Thank god these cars are not available in Europe. Instead, we are much more efficient and smarter than Americans with their resource hogging shitboxes that kill the earth only to make them feel "free".

Yes, 1.3l FWD diesel cuckboxes are just as fun as a 500hp RWD V8!

>muh personal freedumbs

enjoy that 25 year rule, americucks

Bbbut I don't want those cars likes evos and skylines and other cool rare cars! But you Europeans want shitty trucks that you can't have even though you could import them if you so desire! You're just j-j-jealous!

BTFO

>americucks literally cannot reply to this

OFFICIALLY BTFO

SHART IN MART YOU FUCKING YANKS

>25 year rule
>instated and passed becuase a German company whined and bitched becuase people werent willing to pay for their overpriced shit.

>9.5 mpg
>33 gallon fuel tank

>literally cucked by the GERMs

KEK
E
K

TOP FUCKING KEK

tick tock, tick tock, one day less until you can finally import a new car

I don't hate em, they're pretty cool, but try tight turns at track speeds and you'll be shitting your pants. Drove my brother's new-ish mustang gt and the cornering sucked. Muscle cars usually have pretty bad weight distribution with the big ol' v8 in the front and not much else in the rest of the car.

That's right, blame anyone but your own government, good goy

Bread on hood or fuck off.

I can't dispute the claim but I'm sure as shit certain you've never done this.

>american muscle
Yeah nah cunt, fuck you and your Mustangs.

>tfw waiting patiently for the boomers to croak

What a boring shoop.
At least add Godzilla or something

Well first of they generally have larger fuel tanks. Secondly if you plan the trip right most of those fuel stops will double as visiting a local wonder

>jap cars arent fun on the highway
what the fuck am i reading?

Boomers have never heard of the wangan.

taking in the fact that the car was made over 35 years ago in the pic and 11 mpg wasnt to aids back then but any muscle car nowadays gets over that by a long shot. while your shitter m3 gets like 17

>much smarter
holy fuck thanks for the laugh yurofag
if your so smart explain why Germany (your highest gdp) is 6 times smaller than the USA
oh yeah you faggots cant grasp true capitalism

>your so smart
Gdp has a lot to do with population size user

If you like muscle cars you have a small dick women like BMW's, Mercedes, and Audis. The sportiest car you can get away with when with a girl is an m4 unless you wanna shell out the money for a ferrari, lambo, bentley, or rolls

It's bait. Germans resent the cuck taxes on vehicles. Even smelly Portuguese like Mjet dream of big V8 engines in RWD land boats.

>USA
>a shining example of true capitalism
Don't make me laugh

that sounds horrible

just like muscle cars

you also sound horribly underaged

Europeans travel far more than Americans

>shitter m3

It's terrifying that your country has nukes

Traveling to your neighboring countries is hardly traveling. That's like a normal drive in America.

Clearly youve never taken a road trip either, otherwise youd know what a torture deafening noise is long term.

>Boomers
>Critical thinking

Pick one. I KNOW WHAT I GOT.

>ITT:

>347c.I.
>.542 lift cam
>Paxton
>x-pipe
>1440 miles cross country
>my ass is still rattling 11 years later.

I'm all about american iron, but fuck OP-
Delusions are a sign of schizophrenia.

>mfw this is the fag that posted a thread days ago about breaking down in his piece of shit 68 mustang while driving a 2000 mile road trip
still mad at my "rising sun" reply?
get BTFO

>europoor
>only muscle car i've ever seen irl is a chevelle that was a part of a clothing store's decoration

it's not even there anymore

perfect image

That's why we Americans are so fat
We have to balance out the engine somehow

Canadian to the rescue.
One gallon is just under 4 litres

Joke's on you I already wanted to kill myself before I took my japanese car on the highway

Muscle cars are slow, bad on fuel, shit at handling and cheaply put together. Of course i don't like them.

1gal approximately 3.8 liters. I'm American myself but at least I have an education, did you drop out of middle school?

>muscle cars can't turn!
False, steering back in the day was so sloppy in most cars that you had more trouble keeping them on the road, additionally shitty bias ply.
>They are slow!
False, the original HEMI was the first production engine to achieve 1hp/1cui ratio with massive torque as well. At about 345 horsepower in 1954 with, most commonly, horrible autoboxes, the Chrysler 300C topped out at 138mph. Cars these days can barely manage that as well.

>they were bad on gas
True that a 5 liter V8 with dual quads will be poor with mileage but consider that cars from the 50's-70s were NOT aerodynamic whatsoever, used horrible bias tires and not-that-great oil. With modern oil and tires you could get better mpg.
By 1975, with advancements in aerodynamics, smallblock V8s were getting, impressive for the time, 15-17 mpg. My old S10 got like 11 with a V6 Vortec.

>cheaply put together.
Completely false, the powertrain of any Detroit car from the muscle era were just about indestructible.

Find a woman who won't orgasm to a chevelles 454 purr.

Joke's on you, the English measure fuel in liters, too.

Sure got me on that one! Gunna go call 1-800-kms

You know i'm right bro.
Take any classic to a college town and bathe in the disgust.

>Europe somehow is one country again
Mustang GT starts at $40,600 before taxes in Germany after being shipped over from Murrika, which is only negligibly more expensive than the $33,000 it costs in the US.

>Millions in fuel
Son, a million euros gets you about 600.000 liters of fuel in the Netherlands (the most expensive gas in Europe iirc), which, even in a 4km/l car (sub 10mpg) that's still 2.4 million km's or about 1.5 million miles. Most cars fall apart before you get there.

ITT: the sourest grapes

>using logic and reason against yuros
like using lightning attacks against a graveler.

>Worse handling than european sports cars
>Slower than european sports cars (Straight line speed means nothinh)
>Reliable ≠ Good quality/refined. Reliability came from ancient technology and simplicity, not build quality.

>Europoor
>Ridden in Corvette, Ram 2500, several landyachts Cadillacs and a fuckin' Vista Cruiser
>Drove a Ram 1500
Feels pretty good. Muscle cars can be found here, although they're absolutely rare. Even saw a German C7 Z07 last week (convertible, automatic, bald boomer driving with trophy wife in passenger seat).

>Also weirdly enough a Land Cruiser is cheaper in the Netherlands than in the US
That's because it's taxed as a work vehicle, as are those Ram 1500's. They aren't even taxed on their LPG installations, which means they have the running costs of a 15km/l shitbox.

Found the normie.

No we don't. I've been in Canada for a month with a family. Traveled "just a road trip, it's close" and it turned out to be the longest trip by car I ever had.

We just have incredibly different distances, not to mention incredibly different territory morphology, not to mention incredibly different roads and cities. Different life, different needs, therefore different cars.

It's pointless to argue which car is the best in general. I'd take a truck or muscle any day for an American road trip, but those same vehicles wouldn't even be able reach my mountain apartment.

>>Worse handling than european sports cars
Better speed than yuropean """""""""""""""""""""""""""Sports"""""""""""""""""""""""" cars.

>>Slower than european sports cars (Straight line speed means nothinh)
Literally faster than uropeein """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""Sports""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" cars
>muh straight line
pic related, typical muscle cars with tuned engines averaging 115+mph holding turns one wet sand.

>>Reliable ≠ Good quality/refined. Reliability came from ancient technology and simplicity, not build quality.
>muh advanced technology
always fails. Detroit experimented with EFI in the late 50's every car was switched back to carbs because carbs go bang when you need them to.
KISS is why your shitbox Civic is still alive right now.
I've literally had a carbed car die on me on the highway. I got it idling again, put my hand over the throat and it sucked out the clog in the jets. Good as new.
The problems American cars had was missing parts, poor fitment of parts, interior leaks, etc. The drivetrains never failed unless you sent your cars to Australia when they were built for America.

yuroshit could not compete. Your dinky little two-stroke could seize at any minute back in the day.

>he needs a flywheel to coast
kek

>I'd take a truck or muscle any day for an American road trip, but those same vehicles wouldn't even be able reach my mountain apartment.
literally downshift.

>So much wrong in one post
Dear god.

>All cars were bad back then
Go try a British roadster, or, even better, a first gen SL.

>Much HP/l
Gross horsepower. Which is just a big blatant lie to attract consumers.

>Much top speed
Granny gears will do that.

>5L
How about 7?

>Aero, tires and oil caused mpg problems
No, weight and carbs did.

>Detroit muscle is indestructible
Put an Olds 455 into a boat, look what happens. You'll have an anchor pretty soon.

>Straight line speed means nothing
It does though. However, they offered very little beyond that.

>Implying simple = bad

musclefags btfo

Yeah. Sure. Downshift. Let's see how that helps through the narrow road ahead.

>Detroit experimented with EFI in the late 50's every car was switched back to carbs because carbs go bang when you need them to.
Not that guy, but you're pretty stupid to confuse EFI and MFI. Most of the reliability problems with MFI were caused by bad mechanics without proper training, not because the MFI units were bad. The base concept is still in use today on high-end drag cars, where EFI is either prohibited or simply can't deliver enough fuel (e.g. Top Fuel).

>>So much wrong in one post
nope
>Go try a British roadster, or, even better, a first gen SL.
I'm not interested in cars that fall apart so that rules out any English car.

>Which is just a big blatant lie to attract consumers.
literally lmaoing rn.
You refer to the period of time when insurance companies charged based on lap times. This didn't actually catch up to many cars and manufacturers lowered HP numbers on paper only to skirt them.

>Granny gears will do that.
You mean piles of torque will do that.
I bet you think flathead engines were slow because they had like 100hp at most while you ignore the insane torque that they generated.

>How about 7?
Big blocks were pretty rare, of course a uro wouldn't know that anyway.
>inb4 huge engine boat anchor mem
OHV small blocks are probably smaller than the 4 banger in your clapbox.

>No, weight and carbs did.

No they didn't. Aero is the same reason the Countach never achieved 200mph and while the Diablo could but they had literally the same engine.
Countach has the aerodynamics of a brick, Diablo didn't.

>Put an Olds 455 into a boat,
kek holy shit confirmed ran out of arguments. This is equivalent of "you're a fucking white male"

>Not that guy, but you're pretty stupid to confuse EFI and MFI.

Wow, not even that guy, but you are taking so much effort to defend those heavy pieces of crap. Just accept it, muscle can't compete.

There is no effort in being right.
You actually have to drive one to learn how they drive.
The memes of enraged euros come from a narrow picture of these cars as they were in a time when Detroit was literally in an arms race to get every last horsepower they could out of their engines. Surprisingly these cars handle pretty well with modern tires. They can even stop if throw some disc brakes on them.
Non-powered steering is something that takes practice though but by 1970 most boats had powered steering.

How long before it becomes undrivable? One year?

>not interested in cars that fall apart

Chrysler cars were famous for shit quality as far back as the 50s

>This didn't actually catch up to many cars and manufacturers lowered HP numbers on paper only to skirt them.

yeah no
most of the v8s were completely anemic

nothing like a big bad 200hp big block

a built flathead was lucky to run 16s lol

they still weigh more and no most arent smaller

American cars were shit and have been until recently

>SL
>British

No, I was referring to when they still advertised using gross HP, without accessories. Many manufacturers today still downgrade their engines a bit, just to make sure every single engine, no matter the production defect, passes SAE net testing.

Flatheads still don't make the torque a proper OHV can make. Flatheads are slow btw, with barely any records set over 300mph, even with modern tech.

Even in Yurop you still have big blocks, they're not rare. What is rare, however, is a 302/5.0 small block with dual quads from the factory.

I'd love to see that OHV unit that's smaller than a 1.6 I4. Sure they're smaller than most SOHC V8's, but not that small.

>Comparing Lamborghini's to muscle cars
Lel.

Olds big blocks are notorious to fail under heavy stress. Hence, the boat reference.

I'm pretty sure that guy was talking about MFI. Early MFI, especially in the Corvette, had a terrible reputation among US consumers (again, that's the untrained mechanics for you). Early MFI, which did exist, had no reputation at all, because it was stratospherically expensive, and had double digits production numbers. There are probably more single year fuellie 'vettes left, then how many Electrojector units were originally built.

That NYC salt idk nigga.

>Chrysler cars were famous for shit quality as far back as the 50s
Nah, they were famous for that for two model years between 1955-1957 while they were working on drastic style changes. Of course that only brought them to equivalency of GM and Ford of 1955 and 1957.
But nice meme anyway.

>most of the v8s were completely anemic

300 horsepower from a 345 with a 4 barrel carburetor and 8.5:1 squeeze is anything but anemic. 4.6 Modular is anemic but to make double what a Modular can with OHV, low compression (by modern standards), and a single 4 barrel carburetor is pretty good.
Maybe that's why Hemi is the mainstay of top fuel.
>200hp big block
There were no big blocks in the 50's. OHV had just become the standard, just replaced flatheads 331 was considered big, but then the teeny 350 SBC was built in 1955. I don't know anyone that would consider a 350 a big block.

>a built flathead was lucky to run 16s lol
Nobody was messing with flatheads by that time, only poorfaggots still bought them because they were dirt cheap in dirt cheap brands.

>they still weigh more
a 350 SBC weighs just under 600 pounds
A modern Camry engine is almost 400 pounds. That's not much difference considering one has double the cylinders and displacement.

>American cars were shit and have been until recently
Keep rationalizing your bus pass friendo.

>Surprisingly these cars handle pretty well with modern tires
Only if you overhaul the entire suspension system (see: Pro Touring). Bias ply suspension does not play nice with modern rubber.

>I'm pretty sure that guy was talking about MFI.
Yeah well i was talking about the first attempt at EFI which was a complete disaster.

>Olds big blocks are notorious to fail under heavy stress
Because big blocks are supposed to run low.

>Even in Yurop you still have big blocks, they're not rare.
Actually they kinda are since people buy them without a car to put them in.