I've thought for a long time how odd it is how fascinated people are of Grand Nationals...

I've thought for a long time how odd it is how fascinated people are of Grand Nationals. There's nothing particularly unique about their design. This applies to many other cars too. I have a theory that someone's perception of how good something looks is influenced by others. The more people who like it, the stronger the influence gets. Think of it as the "they can't all be wrong" mentality. Do you really like something because you came to like it on your own, or do you like it because other people like it as well? Is it a combination of both? Is your perception of subjectivity really belonging to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11082920
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

See: F40, R32.

a real skyline, in arizona with plates???

how is this possible??

Grand Nationals have the aesthetics for a G-body possible. G-bodies aren't necessarily too well loved, but it's a very cool car in terms of its uniqueness, especially for the time. The aesthetics are god-tier too, those fat arches, the mostly-black wheels, the front and rear fascia, it all just works as the 80s intrepretation of the muscle car.

>He thinks we like cars because of how they look

>implying it isn't a part of it

bad shoop

Form follows function, Nigga

I completely agree, but it's a *part* of it. Once I'm finished getting my foxbody as functional as I want it I'm putting a Saleen lip, better wheels, one-piece lights, and louvers on it because they look god-fucking-awful stock.

Can't tell if serious.

Maybe I can answer some of your questions?

Dude defo get louvers. Mustangs aren't "ugly" they were just SO common for so long that they developed a certain image but it's quickly changing.

camaro lookin good senpai, whats that a 72 z28?

Bread on hood.

Because it's turboed and you can boost it to all get out. The skyline was factory tested to boost to 1000 hp. People love stock turbo viechles

I mean, I guess partially. I saw an R32 Skyline in Gran Turismo as a child, loved it, now I own one.

MotoRex. There are a handful of R34's, and a shitload of 33's in the US.

>shitload

Compared to the ~10 R34's, there's a shitload of 33's.

If this thread is still up in the morning I'll do it

M/o/tel 6 - we'll keep the light on for you.

As long as the board hasn't been drowned in shitposts.

mines not a GN, but its grown on me over the years..

for a while i hated all g body cars cause i associated them with a neighbor that was a real asshole to me as a kid

>

Most people don't give a shit about the R32. This is reflected in the much lower prices for a good one these days.

There were a few R34s imported by MotoRex. Otherwise they're probably not here legally.

You realistically need a built engine to get past 600 horsepower. And a custom transmission.

How is the R32? I have my own thoughts but it's always interesting to hear others' take on it.

Of those 10 R34s maybe 1-2 were GT-Rs. Most of the GT-Rs imported were R33s.

>Most people don't give a shit about the R32

strawpoll.me/11082920

It's an 80s Mercury Capri

>Veeky Forums is the general population.

555-come-on-now.jpg

So who is?

>actual discussion
>no replies lmao

>same GM btfo thread from last Thursday
>bump limit

Such is life. Then again it's the shitposters who samefag their own threads occasionally changing IP to increase the IP count, it's not like actual users are replying.

>2005
>local junkyard has 150+ fox body mustangs
>2012
>same junkyard has 6 fox body mustangs