>tfw the Rust Reaper comes to take your car away

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yto6qLn2yVA
youtube.com/watch?v=U8wQLSWtkTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2016
>still not wrapping his car

It's like you want your shitbox loose value and rust

How ? On modern cars you guys get rust ?

>wrapping
>rust prevention
This makes no sense

spray wd40 on it, it should look just as new

I have more rust on my 2004 Ford Focus than I had on my 1988 190E
Literally how can this be? Is Ford a sixth of a decade behind normal manufacturers?
How is it possible that the W210 are showing rust like the whole body would consist of rust?
Meanwhile, I have literally never seen a french car with rust. Not a single spot. And my family owns/owned six.

Yeah french don't rust must even beat to shit ones usually have an ok body
I heard japanese rust a lot too
They can't compete with superior yurop steel

>tfw honda
>clear coat completely failing
>paint is chipping right off in multiple places
>the bare metal is starting to rust
>no matter what I do my shitbox will never look clean unless I repaint it

That's easily fixable.

Why do all Subarus start rusting in the rear wheel wells? Both my dad and I have had a series of Foresters, and they all have started rusting right there.

Because that's where rust first shows up on almost all cars.

The quality of the materials

Americans from most places always waved this argument away when I first moved out here from Hungary (rust capitol), but the quality of a car's materials comes out soooooo much when you live in a rust area with bad roads. This is why I can't ever really get into an American or Japanese car with just an okay suspension or just okay materials because I know that a few years in my country would murder it, but a German car could though it out easily.

That being said, Japanese cars have been improving quite a bit lately, but they're still not built with that kind of beating in mind why German cars are (or were, can't speak for the new ones).

Literally fuck touchscreens and my slavic sausage fingers, bad combo

I also want to clarify that I like Japanese cars a lot, but I still have reservations on the quality side of things. Obviously living in sunny California makes it easier to enjoy Japanese cars.

I'm gonna guess that there's a slight price difference between the Mercedes and a disposable Focus.

Hungarians are mongols, not slavs.

>loose value
>loose

Pretty sure the 190s rust like shit, I'm surprised by that magyar's experience.
Also I see rusted French cars all the time here in South America.

Yup but a clio cost the same and doesn't rust

You mean when they both were new?
I don't know, the Mercedes also was an entry level car, and the technology is 20 years older

I haven't seen many rusted 190E, at least here in Germany
Where are the French cars built that you can buy down there?

That because they 'rent produce in yurop i think
You guys get your own prodction site for french cars
But here it's quite rare
rusted toyota or mazda are more frequent

We have got these models from France:
207, 206, Twingo, 306, R19, Xsara, Clio, C4, 208, 106, 2008, 205, 305, 307, 308, 404 Pick-Up, 405, 406, 504, AX, C3, C3 Picasso, R18, Saxo

Some are also produced in Argentina, but when selling a French car, owners advertise the fact that it's French.

Meant to quote too.
Also on 190s, the plastic sideskirts often act as rust traps.

i have a 2003 Focus only place with rust was below rear doors but i already fixed that.
2012 frenchshit C4 my mother drives is a lot more rust'd

Get good and make patch panels.

Yeahbut the body and assembly are done in south america
I read something about 40 % of the cars

Someone on o/ posting factional information... holy shit

Comes from france *

There were CKD operations and there are cars fully made in Argentina, but some cars also come ready from France.

>Put clear over metal.
>No rust
The power of good lacquer.

Only heavy duty utlitarian vehicules comes direclty from frances no ?
I can't find any real info on this

S I N G L E S T A G E P A I N T
I
N
G
L
E

>living in a place where cars rust
suck to suck

Not really, it's common to see French 206s for example.

Ok too bad these don't have any sporty engines

I have an 04 outback and its got this bubbly cancer rust. One look at it seems material overlaps behind the wheel causing a lip where dirt and grim settle. That collects moisture and road salts and before you know it, rust.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yto6qLn2yVA
youtube.com/watch?v=U8wQLSWtkTA

There's the RC version, but they ask 22k for them

>bubbly cancer
fix it now. It will get worse fast.

Is that a LS 400?

Looks like some sort of weird dodge stratus

But a Renault will fuck you over with other problems.

>22k for a model car
what kind of shithole do you live in, user? Venezuela? kek

German "quality", keke.

>no salt
>Latvia

I have my doubts, unless it sits in a garage whole winter, still unacceptable though.

A sixth of a decade is like 1.8 years cuck

>factional

Is this like fictual info?

I've pulled engines and rebuilt auto transmission in my driveway. Yet I will not even think about trying any body work. I really need to get me an old clunker to practice on because I need to learn how to do basic stuff

I mean VW offered to repaint it and he's still bitching? I don't even like german cars but that's bullshit

When that much rust develops so soon, it's a metallurgy problem. A new coat of paint only delays the problem for another year.

Yeah most likely the trans

Not necessity, could be a bad batch of paint. You can go up to a brand new ford/toyota/kia/whatever and put a pin hole in the paint and it will start rusting over 1 winter

Oh I know, its getting worse before my eyes but I have no way to fix it. I have no garage or tools and no idea how to even start. I could have my garage fix it but then it costs a fuck ton of money and honestly the car is pushing 200k and I'll end up driving it into the ground and getting a new one so I'm just going to let that shit sliiiiiiiide.

>not necessarily
Why should the customer have to take that chance?

He said it gets washed every week.

Also not sure if you calling it Latvia is a joke about the irrelevancy of Lithuania, or you actually think it's Latvia.

They take that chance with every warranty repair. Asking for a refund because you are getting warranty work is unheard of. The guy from the video should have let VW repaint it then turn around and sell it for the 50k he wants if he felt that bad about the car.

Yet warranty work, by definition, is supposed to fix the problem, not just delay it by another season.

Once again your making assumptions about what the cause of the issue is. It be like going in for warranty wheel hub and asking for a refund because the knuckle could be defective.

Hey guys, no need to argue. I'm from Lithuania and the court obliged the dealership to give a 20k compensation to the owner and leave the rusty car to him. The owner agreed to this settlement.

So overall, the dealership was deemed wrong in the court

>bought car for sub 2k
>internals work fine
>decent amount of rust for decade+ old midwestern car
I don't really care desu. I'll drive this thing into the ground and then buy myself something nice. Winter beaters 4 lyfe.

The outcome of this one case has little to do with if the guy is in the right asking for VW to buy back his car for 50k

There's nothing worse than rust. I'd replace 100 engines in the same car before replacing a rocker or floor pan.

Yeah, every time I even attempted a patch job was just a big waste of time. I spent 40+ hours of labor on a rusty rocker and it looked like shit when I was done.

i know the feel, but i dont want to know that feel.

Meant century, obviously

Gibe car pls

It has a lot to do with it.
The court determined him wrong of asking to buy back his car for 50k, but the dealership was deemed wrong of not replacing a defective product.

Usually the court would have ordered the dealership to replace the car, but as I understand, the owner didn't want it.
Getting 20k and selling the rusty Phaeton is more profitable for him.

And your assuming bad paint. Why are you insisting that a buyer blindly trust VW's proposed fix, instead of defending their own interests?

>the owner didn't want it.
No kidding. How could he trust that the replacement car wouldn't fail just as miserably?

its pretty nice isnt it

Yeah
My 190 was the same color
I want to sell my Focus and buy a W124

The coupe?

why would you drive a 190 and then downgrade to a focus?

have you been drunk?

If I find a good one, but they are a bit more expensive than the sedans

No I sold it because the rear suspension was fucked
I sold it for the same price that I bought it
But it still wasn't a wise decision

The 190 rusted to shit.

see

I've looking at a W124 coupe for a while, might go take a look at it. It apparently has a "SEC hood". What even is that? Some rice shit, or factory rice? It looks nice but I like my cars stock

pic?
It's not stock

That's the one I'm keeping an eye on

>"SEC hood". What even is that?
It's a hood from an SEC.

this looks fucked, dude

keep away from it

Personally I think with that hood the headlights look too small
But if it's in good condition...
Maybe you can even put the stock stuff back on somehow

I can't afford decent cars so I buy junk and fix it up. I bought a E36 525i with a blown heasgasket and tons of other bullshit for 1000 euros and fixed it all up. Now it's a reliable (as reliable as a BMW can get) daily driver.
I don't really care for as long as the engine block isn't cracked or other disastrous shit.
I just need an alive engine and a non-rusted body.
So a W126? I don't know shit about Mercedeses.

I'd trust that seller.

I think that's chopped wood haha

C126, yes

>fixing rust
>not just grinding it away, slapping a piece of metal on the hole and covering it with undercoating/wax/oil/piss

Its like you fags actually care how your shitbox looks like. Its a car not a fashion accessory.

Rust convertor

>take factory side skirts off(2004 impala)
>find this

the wire brush just turned this spot into a hole so I decided to just spray bedliner over the rust on the other side and pretend it doesn't exist for the next 46k miles I'm aiming to get out of this.

Which company has the most rust resistance? I live in the Salt belt.

Anything + undercoat

What kind, the oil bath type or the rubberized undercoating?

You can see in the OP pic that there's a rubber lip thing under the edge of the wheel well, right? Shit gets trapped in between it and the fender, and nobody ever cleans it out.

>undercoat
>sealing in grime

That's why you either do it when the car's brand new or clean it really fucking well first.

I have fucking rust on my lower door panels which is fucking weird.

I don't know what previous owner done do it but I will clean and respray that shit.

simply ebin

[WAKE ME UP INSIDE]

thats actually gross

Just tell him to fuck off