Post yfw the car is manual

post yfw the car is manual

not comfy

This might sound ridiculous, but i've never driven an automatic and I'd genuinely have no idea what I was doing.

More like manuel ! Amarightgyz ?

Its fuckin strange

I learned on an auto (dad's) and once i got my first car i learned manual

4 yrs of manual later and i try to drive my gfs car and felt very weird

No third pedal at all. Your foot keeps searching for one tho

Soon as you take your foot off the brake the car starts driving forward ON ITS OWN without any throttle

Car never rolls backwards

Your hand keeps goin go the auto shifter for no reason

Fuck man, when he finally shoved into first and lowered the handbrake I actually had some hope light up and he went back to his cluelessness :(

Full throttle and slam into D for respect.

Is he trying to steal this car?

Is he trying to break this car?

>look into most car windows
>it's auto 95% of the time
>look inside a Mazda
>manual more often than not

I've noticed this too. Based Mazda drivers.

well he put it in first

I have also noticed this. Especially Mazda 3's

Mazda6s for me. From every generation including the new ones half of them I see in parking lots and shit all have 5 speeds

Wait is this like a prank where they swapped out this guy's automatic car for a manual one and he doesn't know it?

He was trying to steal the car but didn't know how manual worked

first time you will put your foot through a non existent clutch pedal when you come up to a junction.
That or hit the brake pedal like the fist of an angry god by mistake.

it means you always have a hand free so you can continue eating your burger, or drinking your coke or whatever it is that yankies do.

Do you actually use the clutch to take the car out of gear???

>he shoved it in without using the clutch.

I've done this on a corner in the rain and spun out. 0/10 do not reccomend.

Absolutely. Why would you create extra wear on the transmission.

Yiff in hell human trash

When I went from auto to manual, I learned how to eat and drive pretty quickly. Not really an auto advantage.

99/100 times yes
I only change gear while not using the clutch if I'm bored or in heavy traffic or whatever.

You don't "need" to, but I also learned it that way. I stopped doing that when I learned a bit more about rev matching.

Source?

There is no extra wear, as long as you're not engine breaking or applying throttle you can take the car out of gear without touching the clutch.

it's just a wear thing. when you don't press the clutch, you will have torque going through it: either the engine driving the wheels or vise versa. the very edge of the engaging surface might get damaged from the torque going through it. I don't know exactly, but it's an extreme value problem: in the very last moment, a relatively small force is applied on a very small area, which results in very high pressures. I might be wrong, but it doesn't hurt me.

Braking* lmao phone

I almost died because i got rammed into a flooding ditch because i stalled when i was 16, but that dude is pure junkie.

I just put that stretch bar in my shit, thats enough to deter those drug heads.

Furfag proves himself a moron yet again

You're literally always doing either of those things unless it's already in neutral you dipshit

>live near heavy traffic

This happened to me. I drove a friends automatic celica. There were no problems initially but when I got comfortable I brake checked everybody hard because I hit the brake subconsciously thinking it was the clutch.

I actually get excited every time I see one.

Nice counter argument, I'm swayed.
No you're not, I always apply light throttle then apply light force to the shifter, when you release the throttle the shifter falls into neutral when there is no load on the transmission.
When there is no load the shifter falls right out of gear.
I used to drive 10 speed trucks which have no synchronizers, the only time you touch the clutch is so start moving, from then on you never need it.

>Soon as you take your foot off the brake the car starts driving forward ON ITS OWN without any throttle

That's pretty scary.

It's why you use the brake pedal to hold position at a stoplight. Faster than using the handbrake method desu. The only problem is inattentive nitwits sometimes release the brake pedal and roll forwards unknowingly.

lol, this is so fucking stupid, god i hate people so much

i fucking hate auto, it is just boring, no response from left leg, no reason to shift, boring as fuck, cant control your rpms

Normies don't care if driving their car is "boring" though. They'll actually welcome the day that self-driving vehicle technology means that they never have to drive again.

what kind of ass backwards car do you drive?

Feels odd turning the key without pushing a pedal

I never realized how much I hate auto shifting until I drove standard and returned to auto for one day

>vrrrrrrrRRRRRR
>I want to shift
>LET ME SHIFT

>Looking into people's cars

Miata, Toyota pickup, ford festiva, all manual

>I feel like a wolf being french kissed by another wolf

Those legs are so skinny they are gross

Women, not even once.

I love skinny girls, ones that can drive are even hotter. Source?

I drove my 5 speed ranger for like 2 months and got on my mom's 88 suburban. It was a huge different when I mashed the gas then grabbed the storage box in between the seats searching for a shifter, scared the fuck out of me when her 454 big block opened up all the way. My reaction was priceless.

I've only driven a manual once and It made me hate my auto with a burning passion

Think of it like driving minus the clutch and shifter. Accelerate and steer as per normal.

>look inside 86
>automatic

>ones that can drive are even hotter
>leaves hand on the shifter the entire time, even when not shifting
are you implying that bitch can drive?

It was a 2 second long .gif of a person shifting into 1st then 2nd from a standstill.

Stop being a fucking retard

Stop being a cuck white knight

Those legs are soo hot, god I love skinny girls

Cancer

Nope, im just not young, dumb, and full of cum like yourself.

Pro Tip: She isn't going to read your post defending her and fuck as a thank you.

Cuck.

Nobody is defending her. I'm calling you a fucking retard for calling her a shit driver because he didn't take her hand off the shifter in second fucking gear.

Kill yourself.

You are replying to a different user, fuckstick.

>Nope, im just not young,
>I'm

Okay grammar Nazi you caught me, I am trying to jew you out of proper punctuation. I'm sure that is the reason why your argument is going down in flames.

I responded to a post. You responded to that saying you were the person who made the post I responded to. You then denied being the original poster because you realized how fucking retarded your post was.

Inject your vape juice and end it now edgelord.

bitch

I've noticed a large amount of non-ST Focus's and Fiesta's are manual too

>depress brake
>set shift to D
>begin driving and ignore it until you brake to a stop in parking spot
>set shift to P
congratulations you can now drive a manual.

The worst parts are poor engine braking and speed control.

where can i learn to drive a manuel

question for manual drivers

> going 55
> coming up to a stoplight, looks like it'll stay green
> turns yellow right at the moment where you really really should stop but might be able to squeezy by
> no time to downshift

What do you do ?

in a manual car

Clutch and brake, is this a serious question?

>Salt+levels+off+the+chart
14 year olds aren't allowed to drive

You don't need to shift down?

Not if you don't have time. Brakes are more than enough. I don't downshift any further than 3rd when coming to a stop, there's no point, you're going so damn slowly anyway. I'd say it's pointless to engine brake below 40k unless it's an emergency.

Down shift second and pass with flying colors on the orange light.

If you can't downshift you probably have a brain aneurysm and should not drive.

I've never driven a manual, and I wasn't sure if it was a process that took time or not, but since you can apparently just clutch and break I'm not too worried. See you on the road soon my friend I hope I do not lurch forward into you

I see, you will discover eventually that anything related to shifting is done unconsciously.

retard?

i think everyone has a moment in life when they question whether they're really a special needs person whose support group has kept them in the dark as to the fact that they're differently abled. Common nightmare for me

Duh manual does this as well put in first let off clutch wow its like im really driving auto

ahahaha fuck someone needs to eurobeat that, I can imagine the eurobeat kicking in and then just stopping as he hits the wall (NOT as he slides off; when he bounces off the wall - if anyone wants to make this..) and then just returning to sounds of the car breaking

I'll pm you when im done

Fuck off with your lame ass memes

go fuck a genetically engineered wolf slave fgt

So your mom?

>Tfw when no genetically engineered wolf slave mom

>Tfw when no genetically engineered wolf slave wife with this fucko as wife's son

why even live

Kek

In Straya yellow lights mean slow down and be prepared to stop for the red, and only if it is safe to do so. In situations where it rapidly changes from green to yellow and catches you out, you don't slam the breaks. You keep going and the people behind you start braking.

Pretty much the same in the US
Lights are (usually) set up to give someone enough time to get through for road speed unless The Jew laid his hand on the light cycle.

yellow light is supposed to be speed limit divided by 10, 45mph speed limit means 4.5sec yellow light.

Clutch in
Stomp on accelerator
Clutch out
Fully hektik skids

dont downshift and just break + clutch in
>inb4 hurr durr unnecessary wear
>youll damage your transmission .000000001%

Clutch and brake. Are you retarded?

I don't even understand what you're trying to convey here. Why do you have to downshift? Just continue in the gear you're in, if you're already going that fast.