Oil change at dealerships takes an hour

>oil change at dealerships takes an hour
>oil change at lube shops are questionable
>oil change at home leads to procrastination and regret

>oil change at home is actually five minutes of labor and the rest is fucking around waiting for the oil to drain
>can select your own oil from thousands of options instead of going for whatever the dealership/quick lube offers
>oil change anywhere else charges labor for the whole standing around part
>dealership gives you a choice between mobil 1 and mobil 1
>you're probably getting shitty re-refined bulk oil that's not up to API spec if it's not the dealership

>if you break something you have nobody to blame but yourself
>if you break something you will have to spend money to fix it instead of the shop paying for it

>you can jack off while changing oil if you do it at home

>break something
>oil change

Oil pan can crack.

>be you
>bored as fuck
>poking around aimlessly underhood because at home NEET
>dirty dipstick
>I'm going to frog post about oil changing on Veeky Forums
>dig up sadfrog.jpg
>confirm captcha
>post
>meanwhile my oil bottle is upside down my filler concluding my oil change when the last drop is gone

What the fuck were you doing to crack a oil pan?

Its just an oil change, are these people too simple to operate a fucking door knob?

A more likely scenario would be if you torqued the shit out of your drain bolt and stripped the threads. Even if that happens just install a self tapping bolt and some high-temp thread sealer. N-not that I'm talking from experience or anything b-baka

>Oil pan can crack.
Dealership or QL is much more likely to fuck up your car than you are.

>torqued the shit out of your drain bolt
Why in the fuck would anybody do this though, unless they were some dealership monkey with an impact wrench.

>change oil myself
>bring it to a shop to get wheels balanced
>$70 holy shit what the fuck
anyway
>they checked my oil, said it's very dirty
>checked, and sure enough, it is

Why is this? It was only a couple weeks after changing it.

No if you over torque your plug or new filter then all the shit that comes from it you deserve and then some.

The more likely event is people who honestly over blow doing their own maintenace are so god damn neet that if they make eye contact with their neighbors lawn gnome, thats enough social anxity for them to instantly shit their pants.

You're supposed to change the filter too.

you know there are actually oil techs out there that use the strap wrench to tighten the oil filter on, don't dip their finger in a bottle of fresh oil and lube up that filter gasket, and torque the fuck out of your oil drain bolt

lol, I did

sump pump niggah

>procrastination
that's a good thing, and oil change can usually wait another couple thou

Crank case ventilation system may be compromised, have you pulled your plugs lately?

yet thick-lipped morons line up at the Quick Lube avery day

>Why in the fuck would anybody do this though, unless they were some dealership monkey with an impact wrench.

It can be some independent shop too. All you need to do is be an impolite customer. If the tech is having a bad day, he then takes out his stress at your impolite attitude against you. He overtightens the plug so that somewhere in the next two or three oil changes, you will have to replace the oil pan due to thread stripping.

Or the employees could just be having a LOL day and strip the threads for the heck of it. There are people like that too. In the road testing after servicing, I saw (and heard) one of the dealer lot boys driving the car out for the road test. He redlined the engine since I heard it roar far too loud. He didn't care as long as he got his kicks.

>Why is this? It was only a couple weeks after changing it.

Conventional oil gets dirty fast due to oxidation of the smaller short chain molecules in it. Full synthetic oil doesn't get dark as fast due to fairly homogeneous long chain molecules.

And thats why the only reason you should need to go to a dealership service dept. is if you have to pick up that one part that you just can not get anywhere else.

And you should never find the need to take your vehicle into anywhere for any kind of service.

>dealer lot boys
yup

Actually, no, I haven't.