/hou/ - A new moon rises

After the 5th meet, most of the discussions were happening on GroupMe, so naturally posts over here slowed down. Many assumed that /hou/ was lost forever but no, we've been doing mini meets and banting off Veeky Forums pretty much all the time. A lot has happened since the last main meet, thread activity died out since discussion is now on chat so there was no point making threads unless there was something of importance to say.

Meet 5 was a success, there was a lot of talk of it not happening or of /hou/ breaking apart but really none of that ever happened. So for meet 6, it will be a repeat of Meet 3 happening next week Friday (23rd).

Reminder: Largest Galveston cruise happening on October 16th, it will be a great event to join up just to see up to a thousand car enthusiasts on the road going together.

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
>dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Join our steam group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

>Join us for a chat
app.groupme.com/join_group/23408529/tr6qiN

>ZeeMaps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2109989&location=Houston, TX#

>Website & wiki
nightwave.nfshost.com/
night-wave.referata.com/wiki/Houston_Night_Wave

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.

>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Instagram
>instagram.com/night_wave

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5742044972.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ayyy

Spotted someone the other day

Definitely not from /hou/

reply to this or your'e car will blow up in traffic

I'd hate to become a car and then blow up in traffic

Fuck. My car has an old engine with leaky gaskets.
>Replace them you autist
I would if the Jews at Nissan actually sold the gaskets instead of requiring me to buy a whole valve cover.

I'd like for my car to not blow up.

I have this fear of my engine just shooting a piston through my hood.

well shit nigga

page 11 bump

Hope you're ready for traffics

If it makes you feel better, that never happens.

They go out the oil pan mostly.

Hah mine already did

/hou/ is over. It's done. Finished.

Miata pls leave

>anyone with a dissenting opinion is Miata

Oh I'm sorry it's the Calicuck boogeyman.

anyone who thinks /hou/ is over should just move along and not bother with posting here

No one posts on here anymore m8. All meaningful discussion is off of Veeky Forums now.

Lonestar Drift coming up this weekend, it's a fun event to check out and have your lungs filled with burnt rubber.

If you want to do a ride along bring your own helmet, if you want to participate then register on their website ASAP.

It will be at the Greyhound Gulf Park, going from 9a.m - to 4p.m.

who wants to fight

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5742044972.html

Despite modifications, is it worth it?

>all those mods
>couldn't be assed to clean the engine bay

just shows you the owner doesn't care

Gtiguy here, back from philly.

>Philly has so many twisties and gays

Jokes on you, it's not EcoBoost

>dirty as fuck engine bay
>pretty clean in and out
>that radiator hose
>that new brake booster and master

I think I see a car that was given the bare minimum to get it running again and be satisfactorily weekend car-reliable. Looks rowdy-poo rigged as fuck

>tfw you will never have a successful thread again

Enjoy never having any new members.

Exactly. Moving discussion away from Veeky Forums just means /hou/'s got its start here rather than actually being a Veeky Forums group.

I get that some of the group wants ultra dedicated people who show up every meet and push it to the limit, but there's still a lot of guys who just like cruising around mostly with the occasional race/run.

>No one posts on here anymore m8. All meaningful discussion is off of Veeky Forums now.

That means /hou/ is not an Veeky Forums group, but some external group using Veeky Forums as a recruitment tool. If /hou/ uses Reddit as their main communication method, then they are a reddit group. If /hou/ uses Veeky Forums as their main communication method, then they are an Veeky Forums group. If /hou/ ignores Veeky Forums except as a place to recruit more people, then it is certainly not an Veeky Forums group.

Just kill yourself.. seriously

Nah, he's right omae. /hou/ is basically not a Veeky Forums group anymore. It's a real fuckin' shame too, there's a lot of great people in the group, but everyone has different ideas on things and there's not a lot of coordination between them all.

surprise, that's why we brought up this thread to coordinate ideas with members that have been out of the loop

Neck yourself, your butthurt is showing

/hou/ is not an Veeky Forums group? Oh fucking Kay. I beg to differ

By your logic we are a groupme group. Nah we have our roots in Veeky Forums and if you weren't too butthurt to join group me you would realize that it's basically a chatroom version of Veeky Forums except no captcha makes it far superior for banter.

you know we can pick up members outside of Veeky Forums too? Does that make it a normie group?

I want to fight the saboteur that always nukes/derails the /hou/ threads.

>Oh man I wish I could keep hanging out with these guys and doing fun things but this technicality is a real nigger, guess I have to leave
OK then

Also it's customary to move anything that doesn't NEED TO be on the board off of the board. The Partyvan has operated this way for a decade and I still go back occasionally.

>but everyone has different ideas on things and there's not a lot of coordination between them all.
That's part of the "charm" of an Veeky Forums based group that not everyone's opinions are the same. As moot said more than once in multiple years, Veeky Forums is a place for disparate people to come when other forums all require it to be done or ELSE.

>I want to fight the saboteur that always nukes/derails the /hou/ threads.
Unless we can get rid of allphonse and his spammy or trollish topics threads that forces slow threads off of Veeky Forums, then no chance of that. As soon as enough solid topic threads appear, allphonse deems it a good time shove them off and steps up his posting. We come back to find the threads gone.

Kek some of you faggots think /hou/ is dying, literally what

Gtfo with your butthurt negativity shit

There's nothing that can currently be done. The recent improvements to the ban tracking haven't done much. Career shitposters like Alphonse, Crackfag and misnamed gunpla image spammer have levels of autism that can only be combatted by directly threatening someone in person, whether the mods to get them to help or smashing Alphonse's computer. I'd gladly take that risk if someone doxxed him, just to bump one of our professional shitposters off Veeky Forums for good.

He's right though.

Nah, you're just a faggot

>getting this defensive

wew

We already know who it was and he's not here anymore. Quit trying to chase delusions. The fact is if there's any more remaining dissent it's coming from within.

>it's Miata
>it's Norcal
>it's Alphonse

Jesus Christ.

>lmao if I posture hard enough maybe I can save myself from having to fave reality

10/10 argument, I felt thoroughly persuaded.

>hur he is not here anymore
Then who is fucking with the thread? It could literally be some user in fucking croatia doing this shit- the point is that even the groupme discussion follow a respectable format not just "x user's" opinion versus "y user's" opinion, now argue until someone ragequits.

Yo the levels of fucking negativity in here are so high, i need to rebut multiple posts in one fell swoop.

Im not even gonna ask for that screencap

Redpill me on /hou/

Dude LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING HOUSTON THREAD gets NUKED. SHUT the FUCK UP already. Its all ONE guy with the same diction and syntax. If there was any real member of hou having an issue, he would tell it out rather than just haphazardly act contrarian to every thing posted and and bring toxicity into the thread. chasing delusions? Your words, not mine. Shit groupme alone has 15 members. Show yourself.

We are chill as fuck apart from one buthhurt ex member constantly shitting on everything remotely hou related

Post yfw /hou/ is just a faggy GroupMe group now that shills on Veeky Forums.

They'll blame anyone other than themselves.

>shills on Veeky Forums

I don't think you know what that word means

>houfags literally this bitter that they'll never get any bigger than they are now and had to create their own safespace

Maybe if you guys weren't the most easily triggerable fags on the board.

rev up those (you)s

This.

>i dun like hou
>guaranteed 17 replies

>never get bigger
>already recruited a normie
>hell bring his normie friends
>always have one or two normie friends that wanna tag along to meets
>meet new people every meet

problem?

Maybe we jusy need to change the way we post. Dont entertain the naysayers and ignore the trolls? What a concept.

/k/ here, this is a fact.

I dun like hou

how many calories does engine oil have?

You have to be specific, do you mean a quart? A gallon? A liter? How much

>never get bigger

You mean you're afraid /hou/ will leave humanity behind leaving you lonely

>recruiting normalfags
>actually wanting to water down your group with outside influences until it's no longer noticeable from any other group

>snowflake status crew

literally kill your self
there are normies in /hou/ already don't think you are special

t. Turbo snail

Who wants to fight irl

Who here /ladyboy/?

>outside influences
Don't get too uptight about things, the core group will always stay the same

>that point when the argument is not about the argument itself but the nature of the debate and correspondence of its arguers, is the point at which you must cease involvement and listen to the hens bicker
>plato

How boring.

neck yourself

@15829349
>you quoted me in a post

Congratulations?

>all this petty, pretentious, obnoxious infighting

And you wonder why you fail.

That's also kind of shafting all the lurkers/people who expressed interest in reading our threads.

/hou/'s no longer the target audience though.

me desu

I'm lonely and bored

We want the COD audience

Youre mad i exposed you, the samefag having a bad case of cognitive dissonance. You responded by quoting two posts from different posters. I was merely pointing out the fact that you failed to point out any samefagging on our part. Congratulations.

Moving on, what are we going to do for the next meet guys?

Can anyone explain what he's saying?

Nothing.

Faggot

The threae

>we have our roots in Veeky Forums

>b-but w-we came from 4chin
>this much damage control

Agreed.

You're in it, so you're part of the problem

Scouting out new routes for some spirited driving on the way up to Huntsville. Been doing the right route for the past few weeks - can hit a good top speed but am looking for something with a few more turns.

Will try left route tonight. Anyone from the area with tips? I saw the one near College Station in the OP's post but that's kind of far

The further north we can go the more twisty roads we can find. The problem is actually finding the time to scout them.

>haven't driven my car in the three days since reading this post

alright then

Welcome to Houston, where all the worthwhile shit is outside of Houston.

Beetle user might know about the College Station areas in detail, I think he mentioned doing a few runs there.

T-thanks

Somehow I find that worse.

>piston blows out of oil pan
>oil goes all over tires
>tires have no grip

Prepare to Die Edition?

Just buy a new car already, nobody likes your shitbox

Drove the left route last night. Road was very narrow and a little bumpy. The bad thing is that there are a lot of blind turns due to hills so I had to slow down through them. Got up to ~110 on the straightaways.

Thinking about improving the suspension (2016 mustang GT). Car feels "floaty" around the turns

Some of the turns around these areas are quite extreme, so you gotta be careful at times. The worst part is that some turns have a low speed warning but they aren't that bad.

try out old 224 by coldspring or 149 by montgomery or 3090 by navasota

boy